Pre Amp
     E. Electric MiniMax
    Power Amp
     Rogue Audio 90
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

I've seen lots of positive comments on the Bow Wazoo XL, so thought that someone may be interested in the ZZ 1 integrated - I haven't googled to see if it gets good reviews or not. It's on audiogon.

It's here Audiogon

(hope it's ok to post this link)

PS I'm not associated in any way with the seller.

Founding Wammer
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

almost the same cost as the Wazoo XL at the emporium....

What do you reckon the Bow heads?

Post imported post

PM sony 6 million, would go well with his cdp, only heard it briefly, got the bow sound, and build, can't comment on it otherwise, good for those looking for air space and detail, can drive a goodly number of tough speakers, but only 50w/ch so not really for headbanging.

Founding Wammer
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

I was thinking for me rather than S6M ;)

Should probably give a few other amps a listen first though. Maybe if its still there in a few weeks.

Post imported post

see if ye like the wazoo xl first, IIRc the silver stuff is probably less refined than the ZZ stuff, so maybe suited more to your musical taste etc

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Its funny I actually saw that yesterday while surfing. I'd be taking a gamble if I bought it as its, where, Germany? Its stressful buying from abroad. It doesn't come with remote, 125 watts less than the AVI, and Bow are bringing out a new model cdp. Not sure if its a complete range, but its gonna kinda be like the zz-eight but in silver. So it could be replaced if there was a whole new range. Its a ten year old model or there abouts - not that technology of amps has come on leaps and bounds or anything. What hifi gave it an excellent review in May 1997.

If it had a remote I'd be very tempted. Works out about £1300 plus shipping.
    You go for a walk in the park one day and wheelchair ninjas, Nazis, and pots and pans robots show up to kill you. And dinosaurs show up to eat the remains. You\'ve seen the news...?

Post imported post

Don't go by the w/ch Philip, the ZZeight will drive speakers that leave your AVI panting, Like the expression monitors for example, your amp wasn't too happy driving them as 3 ways, yet a wazoo Xl would have no trouble at all at 75w/ch.

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

ok thats a fair point, but earlier you said at 50 w/ch its not for head bangers? So I'm stuck lol
    You go for a walk in the park one day and wheelchair ninjas, Nazis, and pots and pans robots show up to kill you. And dinosaurs show up to eat the remains. You\'ve seen the news...?

Post imported post

I meant at the volumes I listen too I also reckon the avi aint for headbangers either unless with efficient speakers Ie not too low on impedence, anyway, not saying you should change, just a comment re w/ch.

It's like cars, petrol engined cars are faster than diesels at the top end, but the diesel is quicker in the real world, so equatting w/ch on their own is like quoting HP on it's own, doesn't tell all the story if you see what I mean, BTW being 10 years old will matter not a jot, and I'm led to belive that the new stuff ain't much better (if at all) just looks better, the cdp will most likely show the biggest difference, I doubt if the amp will, but agree it's a lotta money to gamble on, but would make a cracking system.

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

I had it turned up to your levels few weeks ago and I was very pleased to hear it not distorting one little bit. In the experience of my speakers, the avi does rock, and headbangs a plenty. Even tho they're not considered sensitive and have lowish impedence. Granted, they failed miserably with your Arts, but the combo does me fine. Another consideration is pokey flat life which beckons for me in 2 weeks, in effect, I wont need headbanging levels.

Once Ive paid myslef back for the zz-eight I might come back and consider the zz-1. But I'm happy, so why change. And the zz-8 is 8 years old, so I'm not overly bothered by a 10 year old amp.

It does look very nice though :dude:

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

saying that it made nice noises when conected as a two way, perhaps I'm being harsh, I wasn't for a minute suggesting you go for it, I rekon for biccy, the wazoo xl would be a better bet, because he can see it, touch it feel it and hear it before he buys, you at least have an idea of the Bow sound, so buying unheard would be less of a gamble, i'd wait and see how it all sounds in your flat before even considering any change.

BTW staying up north?

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

this is going to be the new listening room. What you see is basically the size of it. Its v small. Nothing behind the camera. It will need some soft furnishings too.

Yeah getting a nice place in the west end and see if I can live with her turning my music down....and if i can live with her....you know, as a person and all that, too! Aberdeen is too small for her degree (art history) but she likes the city (from london originally) so we'll see how we get on and then she'll look for jobs in the central belt in a couple of years. She likes edinburger, while ive got glaswegian blood in me. It will be a fight to the death

Post imported post

Sony6million wrote:
    this is going to be the new listening room. What you see is basically the size of it. Its v small. Nothing behind the camera. It will need some soft furnishings too.

Yeah getting a nice place in the west end and see if I can live with her turning my music down....and if i can live with her....you know, as a person and all that, too! Aberdeen is too small for her degree (art history) but she likes the city (from london originally) so we'll see how we get on and then she'll look for jobs in the central belt in a couple of years. She likes edinburger, while ive got glaswegian blood in me. It will be a fight to the death
    Phillip, That place looks as "echoey" as my gaff, ok mine may be a little better but not much! I am currently waiting on some acoustic foam to turn up and I plan to make some acoustic absorber panels like the ones from http://www.echobusters.com but at a quarter of the price. I will let you know how I get on, it may be an option for you.
    Dave

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Thanks for that Dave, I would be keen to know what difference it makes. So where are you getting the cheaper option from?

Wammer

Post imported post

I owned one of these beauties a few years back, very fast dynamic and groovy, just lacked balls and total control (for me)
    A great amp well wrth a listen (They were expensive when the first came out too) Mr. C
    Distributor/stockists of Audio Physics/Art Loudspeakers/Belles /Bel canto/Black Ravioli/Coherent-Systems cabling /Esoteric/Focal Loudspeakers/Heco loudspeakers/Puresound/Revolver Loudspeakers/RPG Panels/Still points/Townshend audio

Post imported post

Tone the pre power I have has the same qualities but has the current to match

Wammer

Post imported post

AK's system is the best there is.

Must be he says so

(still looking forward to coming up one day - if the invite stands - and having my horizons well and truly opened.)

Naim, Rega, B&W

Post imported post

Hi Woody glad you could make it, now when di I say it was the best? Good it is, best prolly not, invitation still stands mucker, anytime, just be careful I don't havea pair of ART Emotions you won't ever be the same again once you hear these

Wammer

Post imported post

hmm....actually I'm in the market for some new speakers ;)

Have been some time, TBH - have tried various things but none of them so far has been a worthwhile upgrade over my trusty (old) B&Ws.

Naim, Rega, B&W