Luxman CD 05
    Integrated Amp
     Luxman SQ 38u
    Speakers
     Harbeth sHL5
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

I was suprised and a bit cheesed to see that the 'debate' about Franks cables still rages ( or maybe, drags on, is a better decription) over at HFC. FWIW, I really cannot see how any of this is helping Frank? If there are people who really think that arriving at "THE TRUTH IN THE INTERESTS OF PUBLIC SAFETY" is more important than leaving it alone, because you are doing potential harm to a guy who has done all he need to to be sure that his products are safe and good, then I would prefer that you BUGGER OFF to some island where tossers like you can argue endlessly about what is safe, which rules we should adhere to and etc etc, whilst the rest of us get on with our lives. Am I upset and incoherent. YUP. Would I give you a smack were you standing here? YUP. Is it me who is out of line? Don't give a toss.
    still just watching clouds

Wammer

Post imported post

rockmeister wrote:
    you are doing potential harm to a guy who has done all he need to to be sure that his products are safe and good,
    What do you base this statment on ?

Real Name
     Gary
    Turn Table
     Modded Lenco GL69
    T/Arm & Cart
     12"/Eroica LX
    SUT/Phono
     Slee Fanfare MC
    Digital Source 1
     Pioneer PD-S801
    Integrated Amp
     Avondale monos
    Speakers
     Amphion Argon≥
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

This is why I don't bother with the HFC forum anymore. They just go on and on endlessly......

Anyone noticed in the March issue of HFC mag that CJ has two credits again in the letters section?

I'm off to 'More tits in hifi'.

'The pump don't work 'cause the vandals took the handles.'

Wammer

Post imported post

turnitup! wrote:

Anyone noticed in the March issue of HFC mag that CJ has two credits again in the letters section?

And they banned him (editor not mods)

Real Name
     Gary
    Turn Table
     Modded Lenco GL69
    T/Arm & Cart
     12"/Eroica LX
    SUT/Phono
     Slee Fanfare MC
    Digital Source 1
     Pioneer PD-S801
    Integrated Amp
     Avondale monos
    Speakers
     Amphion Argon≥
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Davewhityetagain wrote:
    turnitup! wrote:

¬*

And they banned him ¬*(editor not mods)
    Yes, in the Online forum part CJ has two replies printed. Strange considering the number of posts, topics and members in that place. Unless they don't bother with names, just the quality of questions/interesting posts/topical stuff???

Wammer

Post imported post

turnitup! wrote:
    Davewhityetagain wrote:
    turnitup! wrote:

Yes, in the Online forum part CJ has two replies printed. Strange considering the number of posts, topics and members in that place. Unless they don't bother with names, just the quality of questions/interesting posts/topical stuff???

Have seen some of the ones posted including my own I think someone just points at the screen or the have all the user names on bits of paper and pull names out of a hat

Super Dooper Wammer rockmeister's Avatar
    Real Name
     john
    Turn Table
     Palmer2.5
    T/Arm & Cart
     SME M2-9, Benz SL wd
    Digital Source 1
     Luxman CD 05
    Integrated Amp
     Luxman SQ 38u
    Speakers
     Harbeth sHL5
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Dave.... could it have something to do with this??
    "This 'retirement' is prompted by a thread going on in another place which makes me realise just how vulnerable I am going onto public forums and within a heartbeat my entire livelihood could just vanish on¬*a whim from a wrong remark, especially when I won't be here while on holiday to defend my position.¬* What will I come back to?¬* That is terrifying I can assure you, those with safe jobs and pensions to rely on.¬* I have no idea why this individual has said the things he has and the more I defend myself the more it seems I'm open to criticism that I think is unfounded (not even sure it's one of my cables the way it has been described).¬* I also grow very weary of giving the answers that people want and they promptly ignore them.¬* I wonder what their real motives and agendas are sometimes.

Let me make this clear I am not 'running away' from anything, it's just a culmination of recent events that has totalled up on me and after more than 3 years of battling with cries of "snake oil" accusations and the like I really have had enough, especially against adversaries that haven't got the courage of their own convictions to get off their high horses and drive a few miles to face the¬*challenge in person when cordially invited to.¬* I feel so utterly demoralised by recent events at the moment so a holiday is a necessity now¬*more than a luxury, plus it will give me some¬*time to think about where the future lies."

from the now locked thread near here?

Wammer

Post imported post

rockmeister wrote:
    Dave.... could it have something to do with this??
    "This 'retirement' is prompted by a thread going on in another place which makes me realise just how vulnerable I am going onto public forums and within a heartbeat my entire livelihood could just vanish ona whim from a wrong remark, especially when I won't be here while on holiday to defend my position. What will I come back to? That is terrifying I can assure you, those with safe jobs and pensions to rely on. I have no idea why this individual has said the things he has and the more I defend myself the more it seems I'm open to criticism that I think is unfounded (not even sure it's one of my cables the way it has been described). I also grow very weary of giving the answers that people want and they promptly ignore them. I wonder what their real motives and agendas are sometimes.

Let me make this clear I am not 'running away' from anything, it's just a culmination of recent events that has totalled up on me and after more than 3 years of battling with cries of "snake oil" accusations and the like I really have had enough, especially against adversaries that haven't got the courage of their own convictions to get off their high horses and drive a few miles to face thechallenge in person when cordially invited to. I feel so utterly demoralised by recent events at the moment so a holiday is a necessity nowmore than a luxury, plus it will give me sometime to think about where the future lies."

from the now locked thread near here?
    I have read that and thought about it, but most of what he has come up against on this and other forums is nothing new and nothing thats personal

most people selling anything over a period of time will come up against a selection of customers from the sings the praise to the money back few

frank has been around forums as he says for"more than three years" so should have known what would happen not "might" but would

I myself am no fan of his cables, and have said so on forum and to frank out in the open

but as frank says

"I have no idea why this individual has said the things he has and the more I defend myself the more it seems I'm open to criticism that I think is unfounded (not even sure it's one of my cables the way it has been described). "

now the chap saying things is saying them in the third party ie his brother the expert

which changes the playing field, as people read it and see it, as something with some weight behind it

my thoughts on that are has he a brother? is it true ? as frank asks is it really his cable?

for all we know it could be another seller trying to muscle in, who knows the truth

all I can make out is that guy might be the straw that broke the camels back

what ever quality the goods who ever makes them, someone will not be happy

a chap on hi fi choice last year called Russ Andrews a lot of names and had far more negative things about his products than i think i have heard about any company

I pointed this out to russ and he was not bothered I posted his comments on the forum, it was like water off a ducks back

you have to be very tough to work for yourself and even tougher if you make the product

there are many doubters of cables, and some of the problems come from what some of the happy buyers say about cables

its like a red flag to a bull when a sceptic reads a review by a happy customer

something like ......................

"my new 99.99999% speaker cables are 10 times better than my 99.9999% cables and are worth all of the £3,000 I paid, if you can not hear the differance you are death and stupid"

I think frank should not give in, he has many happy customers, and even though I am and was un happy with his cable he bothered to listen to what I had to say

now if he gets a thicker skin but carries on listening he will do well

yes its tough working for yourself customers make life very hard

yes some you will want to kill :force: sleeping at night might be hard

but get it balanced just right, and it should be fun (some of the time)

Real Name
     john
    Turn Table
     Palmer2.5
    T/Arm & Cart
     SME M2-9, Benz SL wd
    Digital Source 1
     Luxman CD 05
    Integrated Amp
     Luxman SQ 38u
    Speakers
     Harbeth sHL5
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

hmmm
    I happen to believe in 'the tough knocks school of life', and am not at all PC, but you, (who obviously have the thick skin you talk about) make it sound very easy for others to grow one, but it ain't I promise you. It's a bit easier if you're young, but by the time you're middle aged, becoming what is virtually a different person is not at all easy and, for some, too much of a price to pay. I suspect that that is why Frank is edging away from the business. I am not making an opinion about his cables; I've never tried one or even seen one, but that isn't the point. Spotting when someone fairly sensitive is getting hurt is not easy, but if you can do it, it's got to be better than kicking them when they're down hasn't it?
    Well I think so. If we disagree, then c'est la vie, but I still feel defensive on his behalf (as I said...god knows why I'm becoming a sort of kindly uncle figure...maybe that's MY character?).

Wammer

Post imported post

god knows why I'm becoming a sort of kindly uncle figure...maybe that's MY character?).

thinking your becoming a "kindly uncle figure" and telling people here, might be dangerous , watch out for changes to your avatar and other strange things

Real Name
     Gary
    Turn Table
     Modded Lenco GL69
    T/Arm & Cart
     12"/Eroica LX
    SUT/Phono
     Slee Fanfare MC
    Digital Source 1
     Pioneer PD-S801
    Integrated Amp
     Avondale monos
    Speakers
     Amphion Argon≥
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

These comments have struck a chord with what's going on in my life at present. It is extremely difficult to be thick-skinned when you feel criticism is uncalled for and somewhat or possibly unjustified. If you are naturally polite to people, good-natured and of a sensitive character, you are easily hurt and can become despondent or even quite depressed. There has been so much vitriol lately on the cable debates, I am not surprised someone has had enough.

Maybe after a short break he can reassess whether he is happy in his chosen profession. I for one wish him all the best.

TIU.

Wammer

Post imported post

There has been so much vitriol lately on the cable debates

So true but why ? I started in my last but one post to blame, none cable upgraders, but the truth is much more complex

makes note to stick to rocket science

Real Name
     Gary
    Turn Table
     Modded Lenco GL69
    T/Arm & Cart
     12"/Eroica LX
    SUT/Phono
     Slee Fanfare MC
    Digital Source 1
     Pioneer PD-S801
    Integrated Amp
     Avondale monos
    Speakers
     Amphion Argon≥
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

But why Dave? Well I haven't bothered to read the thread you mentioned at the top of this thread and only read some of the previous threads/posts concerning mains cables. I don't know much about effem (Frank?) and his background and business so can't comment with any authority. From a personal point of view though and in relation to my own recent experiences with unjustified criticism and the awful consequences that follow (like being sent to coventry by work colleagues), he was probably already unhappy in his work and the really heavy and nasty comments have been the proverbial straw.

Real Name
     john
    Turn Table
     Palmer2.5
    T/Arm & Cart
     SME M2-9, Benz SL wd
    Digital Source 1
     Luxman CD 05
    Integrated Amp
     Luxman SQ 38u
    Speakers
     Harbeth sHL5
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

After a PM or two, I've decided to stop writing on my original theme in this thread, but just to say, T.I.up, that you have my sympathy. For years I was nice to everyone, and naively thought that all was well, until I woke up to the fact that a fair few 'friends' were in fact taking the piss, one way or another. My general view of humanity at present, is that most people start out fine, get away with being an arse and develop from there. Since that discovery , I've continued being ME (very improtant to remember that it's not YOU whose the Bastard!) but simply have learned to tell those who would abuse my good nature to shove it up their a...e. Being 6'4" and 16stone helps in this.

Wammer

Post imported post

So true you have to be "you" trying to be someone else is not really a good idea

I never give a toss what anyone says about me, its there problem

our point of view is just that a point of view as is thiers

I more than most have taken flack a couple of times on the boards (remember mod wars) :force:on hi fi choice but people move on.........and my point of view was correct

Real Name
     john
    Turn Table
     Palmer2.5
    T/Arm & Cart
     SME M2-9, Benz SL wd
    Digital Source 1
     Luxman CD 05
    Integrated Amp
     Luxman SQ 38u
    Speakers
     Harbeth sHL5
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

I'll say one thing for you Dave...you're consistent!

Post imported post

you two still at it?

Wammer

Post imported post

rudolph hucker wrote:
    you two still at it?

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Davewhityetagain wrote:

Yep banned, all of their own volition for being "argumentative" with a mod AFAICT (still have never found out as I wont be contacting the mod squad @ HFC HQ). No help at all from any use mods there in the banning of me ofcourse, (pigs/fly etc etc).

Dave you did a emoticon recently when I mentionedthe banning and what occured (giving my side of the story)here on the Reiki thread, so why are you commenting on it now ? I sometime wonder at your reasons for posting comments like the one above.

Regards

Linn LP12~Denon DVD-2900~Marantz PS17~Dynaudio Contour 1.3 MkII|Sony BDP-S760~Sony MDS-JB930QS~Sony SDP-EP90ES~Sony TA-N55ES~Wharfedale 306|Sony CDP-X3000ES~Sony ST-S3000ES~Sony TA-VA777ES~Diapason Emera

Wammer

Post imported post

Dave you did a emoticon recently when I mentionedthe banning and what occured (giving my side of the story)here on the Reiki thread, so why are you commenting on it now ? I sometime wonder at your reasons for posting comments like the one above.

my reason is because I am as confused as the next person,

turnitup wrote
    I answered it with a statement