Audio Emotion  Epiphany Acoustics 
    Registered

Post imported post

I don't know if this has been done before... but as there is an ongoing 1 actor, 1 film (strange that no one has mentioned an actress...) thread, I'l start this.

Akira Kurosawa - Ran

I could have said Ikiru but... I just love the whole pessimistic tone of the movie, and it has probably the greatest action sequence in film history (ok, that I've seen!) that p####s on all the Terminators and Die Hards of the world. Well, he DID do that 30 years earlier with Seven Samurai, didn't he? Besides, I am also intrigued with the whole sexual subtext of the movie. There is one moment in the film when Lady Kaede "seduces/overpowers" Jiro which cuts to a scene with Hidetora and the Fool (Kyoami), who is conspicuosly androgenous, inside the ruins of a castle and the framing puts the Fool behind a fallen beam that looks as if it were his erect penis! If that doesn't suggest a director with very strong fears about women sexuality, then I don't know what could... Anyway, see the movie and think of what I mentioned.

Registered

Post imported post

Bump..

Registered

Post imported post

Bump...

Wammer

Post imported post

Off topic, but if it's repressed Japanese male sexuality you're after, check out the novels of Yukio Mishima, highly recommended!

Florian Maximillian Castree, Born 25th January 2008!