Israeli
    Speakers
     Mind your own
    Pre Amp
     What for?
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

has anyone seen the mail on sunday live magazine? There is an article about Mcintosh gear, power amp £17500, three pre amps? £15000, cd £3750, digital to analogue converter £4250. So £40,000 no mention of speakers. Ok if thats your thing and you have the cash and a football stadium to crank up the 2000w amps, fine. BUT.......... if you're prepared to give someone £3750 for a cd, I would expect it to have a half decent, no, bloody good dac. But no Mcintosh wants to sell you one for £4250, what a rich, brainless twat you must be.
    Mark levinson red rose rosebud II, J Soundlabs 300B, denon 1930 DVD/sacd, garrard 401, lenco, yaqin phono, partridge step up, technics direct drive top load cassette, Nigel's speed controller, leema splx10, jolida glass fx dac

Wammer

Post imported post

Now everyone knows i have been reading the mail

You too, you dunno what youv`e let us in for.

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/view_topic...489206#p489206
    thru.

Real Name
     Mr Pink-and-Yellow
    Turn Table
     Palmer 3.0
    T/Arm & Cart
     AN Arm 3/ Io Gold
    SUT/Phono
     Kondo KSL-SFz
    Digital Source 1
     dCS P8i
    Digital Source 2
     SB3
    DAC
     AN DAC 2.1x/II Bal.
    Speakers
     Tannoy Kensington SE
    Pre Amp
     Audio Note M5 Phono
    Power Amp
     Air Tight ATM-1
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

£3750 and you're expecting a DAC as well?

Where do you live, planet cheap-arse??

For that money you can be thankful you get a laser and don't have to stand over it with a Maglite....

Real Name
     Kevin
    Turn Table
     Kuzma Stabi S
    T/Arm & Cart
     Stogi, AN Io
    SUT/Phono
     Audio Note S6c
    Digital Source 1
     Rega Saturn
    Digital Source 2
     SBT
    DAC
     Rega
    Speakers
     LV OBX-R2
    Pre Amp
     Audio Note M3
    Power Amp
     CocoSan 300B PP Mono
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

£3750 ?

Wouldn't even buy three quarters of a decent CDP like an Esoteric X-03, you don't get a DAC with that either!
    A Christmas thought

You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy. ~Eric Hoffer

Super Dooper Wammer Papa Lazarou's Avatar
    Real Name
     Phil
    Turn Table
     Voyd
    T/Arm & Cart
     HR100S, Decca SG DP
    SUT/Phono
     Prototype AI P2
    Digital Source 1
     CEC TL53Z
    Digital Source 2
     Thinkpad and rBlink
    DAC
     AN 1.1S, Jolida MW
    Speakers
     LV OBX-R2
    Pre Amp
     AN Jp M7
    Power Amp
     NAF 845 SET
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Tel wrote:
    £3750 ?

Wouldn't even buy three quarters of a decent CDP like an Esoteric X-03, you don't get a DAC with that either!
    I beg to differ Sir.
    With an RRP of 5 grand, £3750 buys you exactly three quarters of an Esoteric X-03se ;)
    The DAC is inside. ;););)
    My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/philnmorgan/

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her. (David Bissonette)

Super Dooper Wammer Cable Monkey's Avatar
    Real Name
     Henry
    Turn Table
     A R Legend (TTT)
    T/Arm & Cart
     PU7/Black Beauty SPX
    SUT/Phono
     HM7 / Tron 7 MM
    Digital Source 1
     Teac P700
    Digital Source 2
     Squeezebox Touch
    DAC
     Metrum Octave
    Speakers
     10 inch Tannoys
    Pre Amp
     Sonic Euphoria PLC
    Power Amp
     ARC D70 mkII
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

paulf-2007 wrote:
    has anyone seen the mail on sunday live magazine? There is an article about Mcintosh gear, power amp £17500, three pre amps? £15000, cd £3750, digital to analogue converter £4250. So £40,000 no mention of speakers. Ok if thats your thing and you have the cash and a football stadium to crank up the 2000w amps, fine. BUT.......... if you're prepared to give someone £3750 for a cd, I would expect it to have a half decent, no, bloody good dac. But no Mcintosh wants to sell you one for £4250, what a rich, brainless twat you must be.
    That sort of kit is aimed at those with cash and football stadia. The target market are the wealthy with lots and lots of disposable income. Read Premiership footballers, succesful businessmen and the like. They have big homes, no near neighbours (they certainly don't live in semi detached houses) and a license to play their music in a wing of the mansion dedecated to music so they don't disturb the WAG and kids. That stuff is every bit as much a 'lifestyle' product as those of us with a Denon/Yamaha/Onkyo all in ones. They just have bigger and (arguably) better lives.
    Let me get this straight. You take a perfectly good CD and put it in a DVD player??!!

Post imported post

Tel wrote:
    £3750 ?

Perhaps you mean the P-03 ??

Real Name
     Phil
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

paulf-2007 wrote:
    Well a few people on here own bits and pieces of McIntosh, I'm far from rich. I can't really answer as to whether ot not I'm 'brainless' or a 'twat' though. You'd have to run a poll on that one

Phil

Real Name
     Mr Pink-and-Yellow
    Turn Table
     Palmer 3.0
    T/Arm & Cart
     AN Arm 3/ Io Gold
    SUT/Phono
     Kondo KSL-SFz
    Digital Source 1
     dCS P8i
    Digital Source 2
     SB3
    DAC
     AN DAC 2.1x/II Bal.
    Speakers
     Tannoy Kensington SE
    Pre Amp
     Audio Note M5 Phono
    Power Amp
     Air Tight ATM-1
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

kingsxfan wrote:
    paulf-2007 wrote:
    Well a few people on here own bits and pieces of McIntosh, I'm far from rich. I can't really answer as to whether ot not I'm 'brainless' or a 'twat' though. You'd have to run a poll on that one

Phil
    I'm not rich either, but I am a brainless twat, and I don't have any McIntosh kit! Should I buy some?

Wammer
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

I'm neither rich nor a brain dead anything: I have a Mac CDP, but like the rest of my kit, do you think I paid anything like retail for it? Shit, no! i even beat Duvet's old challenge of the high end on 40% of retail...

Shop around!

Mibbie: get a decent amp!

Real Name
     Phil
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

boxer wrote:
    I'm neither rich nor a brain dead anything: I have a Mac CDP, but like the rest of my kit, do you think I paid anything like retail for it? Shit, no! i even beat Duvet's old challenge of the high end on 40% of retail...

Shop around!

Mibbie: get a decent amp!
    I didn't pay anywhere near current RRP for my amp, could not afford to buy one at 6.5k anyway.Mine is only 9 months oldand was barely used, I got a stunner of a bargain. Picked up my Emotions for quite a bit less than current RRP as well, and quite a bitless than 50% RRP;)I think the piano gloss black is an extra as well over the 5k retail, not too sure though. I got two stunning bargains though.