Pre Amp
     In speakers
    Power Amp
     Class D ICEpower
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Seen a view good write-ups on these..strange though no-one can articulate whats going on in the silver box...£950 to spend on a box with no explanation of what it is?! Any wammers own..listened to one? how does it work?

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Quantums very secret and modular circuits deliver proven, measurable results without negative effects.

1. It’s got the word Quantum in the title.

2. It’s very secret.

What more do you want to know?

Real Name
     Phil
    Turn Table
     Voyd
    T/Arm & Cart
     HR100S, Decca SG DP
    SUT/Phono
     Prototype AI P2
    Digital Source 1
     CEC TL53Z
    Digital Source 2
     Thinkpad and rBlink
    DAC
     AN 1.1 Sig
    Speakers
     LV OBX-R2
    Pre Amp
     AN Jp M7
    Power Amp
     NAF 845 SET
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

opusover21 wrote:
    Seen a view good write-ups on these..strange though no-one can articulate whats going on in the silver box...£950 to spend on a box with no explanation of what it is?! Any wammers own..listened to one? how does it work?
    If you want a mains solution speak to Earl of Sodbury. I use two of his products - the mains filter with 4 gang trailing socket and a bespoke filter designed for low draw devices - my Esoteric. They really do work and don't cost the earth either.

My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/philnmorgan/

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her. (David Bissonette)

Wammer
    Real Name
     Simon
    Turn Table
     Lenco
    Digital Source 1
     Astin Trew
    Digital Source 2
     Sony ES
    Integrated Amp
     Vintage
    Speakers
     Klipsch Jubilee
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

I saw the review of the Quantum thingy in a recent edition of HiFi+. After reading a few other articles on supports and cables I decided I wouldn't be renewing my subscription again...

Papa Lazarou wrote:
    opusover21 wrote:
    If you want a mains solution speak to Earl of Sodbury. I use two of his products - the mains filter with 4 gang trailing socket and a bespoke filter designed for low draw devices - my Esoteric. They really do work and don't cost the earth either.

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     Bob
    Turn Table
     skipped
    Digital Source 2
     Japanese
    Speakers
     American
    Pre Amp
     English
    Power Amp
     American
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Now here is the experience of a non technical wammer. (Non technical = no technical knowledge to get in the way of the listening experience).

I have one of the original QRT devices from RA which is called a Quantum Symphony. It is the earlier, un-improved single unit device which has a 12v separate power supply. The Symphony was meant to be placed on top of, say, a cd player. On top of my MF kw25cd/dac it made a slight but detectable difference, but it wasn't night and day, or enough to recommend one.

Then the little blue light on the QRT unit started flashing instead of being on steadily, so it was returned to RA who diagnosed a faulty psu, and replaced it, since when it sat in its box, feeling unloved. Until Saturday.

After purchasing Papa's Coherent mains cables recently, which included their US style distrbution block/filter, and changing other mains cables, the whole lot have been running in nicely, during which timeI also read the articles in Hifi+.

The new style filters are not just powered units like the Symphony, but are designed asmains in / mains out to your distribution block or whatever, so may also have a benefit sitting on top of hardware, but posssibly most effective with mains voltage. Reading that the Nordost Thor block has a QRT unit internally, and that RA also now fit them to their more expensive blocks, I realised thatmine could be better used than just on top of the hardware.

So on Saturday it was placed alongside the Coherent 6 way distribution block, and certainly made a difference. More detail right across the spectrum, leading edges of notes are clearer, and decay/fade excellent. Individual instruments are more defined in the background - and when switched off again all those benefits are lost.

Whether the QX2 / 4 are worth the money - well, its probably system dependent - but don't RA do a money back scheme? If so, worth a punt for those mega rich among us . . .

Wammer

Post imported post

opusover21 wrote:
    Seen a view good write-ups

The bad ones dont often get published

Wammer
    Turn Table
     Gyro SE & RB 700
    Digital Source 1
     Sony SCD1 & MSB Plat
    Integrated Amp
     Pass Labs X350 & X1
    Speakers
     Kingsound Prince II
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Do these things not utilise the Bybee Quantum Purifiers in their circuit topology??

For the uninitiated, google "Bybee Quantum Purifiers", then turn your hifi into a nuclear submarine

"There is no spoon....."

"Skittish Toombs, skittish....."

Real Name
     Mrs Brown
    Digital Source 1
     Mac mini, SSD
    Digital Source 2
     Amarra, FireWire
    DAC
     Weiss DAC2
    Speakers
     Beolab 5
    Pre Amp
     In speakers
    Power Amp
     Class D ICEpower
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

still not sure how it works? just plug by the system or in chain? all sounds like crap marketing if you ask me...I'm just curious

Wammer

Post imported post

M4RK5 wrote:
    Do these things not utilise the Bybee Quantum Purifiers in their circuit topology??

For the uninitiated, google "Bybee Quantum Purifiers", then turn your hifi into a nuclear submarine

COOL

Real Name
     Feather
    Turn Table
     Avid Acutus
    T/Arm & Cart
     SME V / Airtight PC1
    SUT/Phono
     Whest PS30 R
    Digital Source 1
     SB Touch
    DAC
     Micromega Mydac
    Speakers
     Kharma Ce 2.3
    Pre Amp
     ModWright LS36.5
    Power Amp
     Plinius SA103
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Papa Lazarou wrote:
    opusover21 wrote:

First pressings son !

Real Name
     James
    Turn Table
     Acoustic Solid 111
    T/Arm & Cart
     Audio Note / Benz
    SUT/Phono
     Puresound T10/P10
    Digital Source 1
     Leema - Antilla
    Digital Source 2
     SONOS connect
    DAC
     Leema Elements
    Speakers
     Living Voice OBX R2
    Pre Amp
     Modwright SWL 9.0SE
    Power Amp
     Advantage S100
    Headphones
     Bowers & Wilkins P7
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Duvet wrote:
    Papa Lazarou wrote:
    opusover21 wrote:

I have one on trial right now. It does seem to have an effect. Worth a trial I would say.