Israeli
    Speakers
     Mind your own
    Pre Amp
     What for?
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

took delivery of this chinese valve amp yesterday and sneaked it into the house this morning so her indoors won't see it yet, timings everything. Arrived from Hong Kong in three days well packed, large and heavy. Inserted the four EL34's and two 12AX7's and connected directly to my old Nad cd without the pre and to my speakers. Switched on and waited for it to warm up, theres no click to let you know its ready like my hybrid. Smells and works like an electric fire, no need for central heating with this beast. Initial thoughts are it works fine, no hum or anything else nasty, just beautifully clear, a bit lacking in bass at this level as its only 7.30am and I dare not crank it up yet.
    Mark levinson red rose rosebud II, J Soundlabs 300B, denon 1930 DVD/sacd, garrard 401, collaro 2010, lenco, yaqin phono, partridge step up, technics direct drive top load cassette, Nigel's speed controller, leema splx10

Turn Table
     british
    T/Arm & Cart
     chinese + japanese
    SUT/Phono
     chinese
    Digital Source 1
     chinese
    DAC
     chinese
    Integrated Amp
     Israeli
    Speakers
     Mind your own
    Pre Amp
     What for?
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

another pic
    Mark levinson red rose rosebud II, J Soundlabs 300B, denon 1930 DVD/sacd, garrard 401, collaro 2010, lenco, yaqin phono, partridge step up, technics direct drive top load cassette, Nigel's speed controller, leema splx10

In the trade Wammer
    Real Name
     Oscar
    Turn Table
     DD in ply plinth
    Digital Source 1
     marantz cd17 ki
    Integrated Amp
     A30
    Speakers
     homemade horns
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes

Post imported post

often wondered about these chinese amps ,would be interested on any more thoughts once you've had a proper listen.

how many inputs has it got ?

how much did it cost ?

Turn Table
     british
    T/Arm & Cart
     chinese + japanese
    SUT/Phono
     chinese
    Digital Source 1
     chinese
    DAC
     chinese
    Integrated Amp
     Israeli
    Speakers
     Mind your own
    Pre Amp
     What for?
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

clk230 wrote:
    often wondered about these chinese amps ,would be interested on any more thoughts once you've had a proper listen.

how many inputs has it got ?

how much did it cost ?
    two inputs, cost including £22 import duty was £191. It seems customs are getting wise to the warranty return claim from the seller and unless you can prove you had returned it to them you have to pay the duty. All in a very reasonable price in my opinion and its keeping me warm.

Super Wammer

Post imported post

Very nice Paul. The alternative valve amps (non Chinese) are relatively expensive. By my counting the cheapest intro to new Brit valves are Kel 84 kit.......£450..ouch! That is 16watts PC mind you. Even at that SS especially S/H is so much better VFM.

Are you driving your full rangers with the valves?
    Men who never get carried away should be

Turn Table
     british
    T/Arm & Cart
     chinese + japanese
    SUT/Phono
     chinese
    Digital Source 1
     chinese
    DAC
     chinese
    Integrated Amp
     Israeli
    Speakers
     Mind your own
    Pre Amp
     What for?
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Yes but with my valve hybrid at the mo. I ran the Mengyue with them just to try it out and will be using it in our house in France where I will soon have a dedicated music room/ recording studio. I plan to build some back loaded horns designed by emil attlid with 6" woofers and full rangers in a two way set up to use with it. My listening room at present is very small and works very well but I am sure my problems will begin with a larger room. Listening with the speakers 1.5 metres apart and the same distance from my listening position is like using headphones and so reflections and the like have little bearing. The one thing I noticed with the Mengyue was midrange was slightly better than my hybrid. With a larger room and the horns I think the amp with have more to do other than warm the room nicely.

Wammer

Post imported post

This Mingy mini looks interesting. How would you rate the sound for GP 191?
    Too much is not enough.

Turn Table
     british
    T/Arm & Cart
     chinese + japanese
    SUT/Phono
     chinese
    Digital Source 1
     chinese
    DAC
     chinese
    Integrated Amp
     Israeli
    Speakers
     Mind your own
    Pre Amp
     What for?
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

got rained off today so thought I would revive this old thread and get the minger out and warm her up. Well first thing that struck me is how much more bass it gives through my diy bass reflex fullrangers. Its just got so much grunt. Is it likely to change over time, valves burning in and all that?

Turn Table
     Rega P3
    T/Arm & Cart
     RB300 Benz Micro
    SUT/Phono
     Project
    Digital Source 1
     Dv717
    Digital Source 2
     Sbtouch

Post imported post

Been looking at the valve amps on the bay just now!!

Found Qinpu,yaqin, anyone know who to trust or is it a case of suck it and see?
    Older, Budweiser!!

Turn Table
     british
    T/Arm & Cart
     chinese + japanese
    SUT/Phono
     chinese
    Digital Source 1
     chinese
    DAC
     chinese
    Integrated Amp
     Israeli
    Speakers
     Mind your own
    Pre Amp
     What for?
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

philb36 wrote:
    Been looking at the valve amps on the bay just now!!

Found Qinpu,yaqin, anyone know who to trust or is it a case of suck it and see?
    I have a yaqin valve phono/pre amp and its faultless in my opinion, bought from the bay the seller was leshele. Also bought the minger from them and both transactions were painless and delivered quickly and well packed. Certainly someone to be trusted. I could bring them over to you for a listen with your kit if it suits, not that far from you.