Pre Amp
     SANSUI AU555A
    Power Amp
     MAGNUM MF 250
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

i,m entering this debate and ignoring the audiophilaholics advice that if you cant hear it it don,t exist BUT IT DOES all us older guys have been living with super tweeters all our lives (even the so called true audio men) we were robbed of them in the late 80,s early 90,s when everyone started screaming for more bass. all the mass proucers did was cap the upper limits to around 20-22zert area making us turn the volume up to hear guitars etc hence we had more bass only cause it was louder funny that it co incided with everyone annoying their neighbours lol ! before that the mass producers were giving us tweeters that soared way above present levels and have started selling us old type at massive prices. now what i,ve done (ebay) is to buy the unneadedly ridiculed tandy gear bought an old pair 3way realistic used the ribbon tweeters and a pair of 2 way crossovers built a pair of boxes and hey presto super tweeters at a fraction of the cost. the results and effects well you don,t have to hear to percieve just like someone walking behind you makes the hairs on your neck stand up so does sounds which you dont hear but percieve the leading edge of almost all instruments and vocals clear up and your basshas more definition funny thats what everyone wanted to start with! what i did was use the tweeters an old pair of 2 way crossovers(to give me more dynamic range) the l pads to control gain an absolute must or you will end up too bright and lose a lot of bass . the results are top notch and if i can do it so can you 3diamentional sound at last feeling every note hearing every whisper grrreat so remember just like subwoofers which mostly we can,t hear but feel or percieve the so called super tweeterdoes the same and really improves things remember this is for us mere (poorish)mortals who can,t afford twenty grand speakers (at that price they are fitted and tuned to the speakers output) so if like me you feel something was missing from your listening experience give it a go it only cost me £15 sterling for the old tandy,s a couple more for wood add some decent internal cable tweeters to l pads and then to crossovers remember you only need a few inches so don,t scrimp i then piggy backed these straight to the back of my speakers with absolutely no probs sat back and started enjoying music again why dont you ? you don,t need expertise just remember to write down connections when you strip out old bits. oh yes lots of manufacturers used this method look at the old wharfedales pioneers and lots of others etcand your parts are easy to come by thanks to ebay good luck trying and remember if you dont like them you can always sell them onkeep rocking in the free world only a lot clearer now . one other thing i forgot to mention if you source items like i did and your ok with a fine toothed saw have a go at cutting the cabinates for a couple of quid add sme low pass filters and hey presto two almost free passive subs (cut them couple brackets piece plywood turn them over bottom becomes topeasy peasy cut them first if you don,t like em don,t use them or get a mate to do it) best of luck there,s a couple pair suitable wharf,s on ebay now
    sansui AU555A , magnum MF250 , pioneer PD 91 , meridian 563 ,logic dm 101 mk1/ AR the turntable , koss CM1030 ,marantz 2020 tuner and some cables

Turn Table
     british
    T/Arm & Cart
     chinese + japanese
    SUT/Phono
     chinese
    Digital Source 1
     chinese
    DAC
     chinese
    Integrated Amp
     Israeli
    Speakers
     Mind your own
    Pre Amp
     What for?
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

you're not wrong about the sound improvement. I made some supertweeters as you can see in my avatar, they have L pad attenuators and caps and are totally amazing. I can hear things that I couldn't before. Drums and cymbals are brilliant. check out my diy thread ikea wooden bowl tweeters
    Mark levinson red rose rosebud II, J Soundlabs 300B, denon 1930 DVD/sacd, garrard 401, collaro 2010, lenco, yaqin phono, partridge step up, technics direct drive top load cassette, Nigel's speed controller, leema splx10

Real Name
     TOMMY
    Turn Table
     DM LOGIC 101 MK1
    T/Arm & Cart
     syrinx shure v15
    Digital Source 1
     pioneer PD 91
    DAC
     MERIDIAN 563
    Speakers
     KOSS CM1030
    Pre Amp
     SANSUI AU555A
    Power Amp
     MAGNUM MF 250
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

hi sorry i didn,t mean you can,t actually hear them i meant the upper reaches which we can,t actually hear but are aware of the rest you can hear and like you i am 100% for their use and really enjoy the much added improvement i only meant to input a layman,s view and tell others that the experts can be wrong and if you like use it and i use mine constantly and if like me your nt a rich man source the items yu need like i did it gives you an entire package of parts at once and takes all the tecnicall out of it . the only thing i changed was crossovers like i said to give a wider range to the output but their are no buts super tweeters do work and work damn well if you have tried them built them like them let us know or any mods that work and might work i am always happy to try anything once
    sansui AU555A , magnum MF250 , pioneer PD 91 , meridian 563 ,logic dm 101 mk1/ AR the turntable , koss CM1030 ,marantz 2020 tuner and some cables