Audio Emotion Purite North  Epiphany Acoustics 

Thread: Exposure 2010

Wammer
    Real Name
     Tim
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Anyone heard this amp and the power amp that goes with it? (note not the new s designation) Some good deals around on them and just wondered what anyones thoughts on them were?

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     Gold/Super Testures
    Headphones
     Sennheiser HD238
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

I have, and as far as I am concerned they are a stonking combo.

Would have sold off my MFs at once and got them if I hadn't learnt from my Epos dealer-chum thatthe soleExposure dealership here in the Orient gets about 38% from the sale. This is rather an outrage because the Exposure series are manufactured in Asia and we buyers could have been given the benefit of cheaper prices for Exposure kit as compared to the UK rrps, because of lower freight costs.In comparison, the retail prices of China-made Epos 'M' and Quad 'L' speakers here are fairer to the buyers.

I heard the 2010Sesplus2010S cdp through a pair of Acoustic EnergyAegis Evo 3 floorstanders. Contrary to the stereotypical view that Exposure amplification is designed to for rock music only, I found this pair mightily impressive with classical material. I'd once said on HFC forum that of all British marques, MF ampsplay classical music the best, now I have to retract that statement. These new Exposures do it better and with more visceral power and drive. Richard Black was spot-on when in his review of the 2010S alone, he said violins sounded so real through them. I listened to Strauss's Oboe Concerto (Wolfgang Sawallisch) through them and the sound had so much realistic bloom and sonic fragrance I was stunned.The Wagnerian/Teutonic classical hifi sound I have been seeking all this while.

In comparison Primare's I and A 30 series I now find embarassingly staid, boring and lifeless. Sorry, CJ.

All that remains is for miser me to wait for the prices to drop. The original 2010 and3010 are still selling here and it tooktwo years before the agent reduced his ridiculous commission.

CheerSS

ps: the 3010 is rather good as well.However up against even the 2010S alone, I could hear the improvements Exposure have made in the treble performance. The 'S' series arenoticeably more refined. I'd definitely go for the 2010s pair over the 3010.

CONRAD-JOHNSON HD3, ET3SE & CLASSIC SIXTY SE, ICON AUDIO LA4 MKIII > NAIM NAP 100
    PRIMARE DAC30 > AYRE K-5xeMP > GENESIS M60, audiolab M-DAC > GENESIS I60
    REGA RP1, DAC & ELICIT, ARCAM rDAC & FMJ A38, MF X-T100 & X-A2, SONY TA-F246E

TANNOY PRECISION 6.2, ELAC BS244, ATC SCM11, S3/5R, DM 2/6, XERO, Q 2020i

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     Gold/Super Testures
    Headphones
     Sennheiser HD238
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

whoops! you meant the old 2010 int and power.:Not Sure:I got too carried away.

Not heard the 2010 power amp but the sole 2010 I have. It still carries that Exposure house sound, but the new 2010S offers more of everything IMHO. Perhaps with the 2010 power in biamp mode, the 2010 will be sonically almost indistinguishable from the new 'S' series. Good luck in your quest.

CONRAD-JOHNSON HD3, ET3SE & CLASSIC SIXTY SE, ICON AUDIO LA4 MKIII > NAIM NAP 100

Wammer

Post imported post

got too carried away.
    Should have been ages ago :dude:

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     Gold/Super Testures
    Headphones
     Sennheiser HD238
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Davewhityetagain wrote:
    got too carried away.

If I got the hidden gist in your comment correctly, you were referring to the close similiarity in house sound of Exposure to Naim, all that Exposure being "the poor man's Naim" blah blah blah. If so, then I have to say the Exposure kit

• looks better imo,
    • performs better with classical material, and
    • comes with none of that "upgrade potential" frills/hooks

CheerSS

Banned
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes

Post imported post

solidstateman wrote:
    Davewhityetagain wrote:
    got too carried away.

If I got the hidden gist in your comment correctly, you were referring to the close similiarity in house sound of Exposure to Naim, all that Exposure being "the poor man's Naim" blah blah blah. If so, then I have to say the Exposure kit

• looks better imo,
    • performs better with classical material, and
    • comes with none of that "upgrade potential" frills/hooks
    CheerSS
    Nah, he means you should have been carried away ina padded vanto the laughing academy...

Registered

Post imported post

For me true for Primare and also exposure:

Today no any all transistor amplifier is able to sound better than a hybrid one.
    I have this opinion also with 700 euro chineese hybrid amplifier(aeron in Italy) and 2000 euro transistor famous integrated that you mentioned.

The sound of voice first of all as also in full valve system is more easy to understand.

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     Gold/Super Testures
    Headphones
     Sennheiser HD238
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

earl of sodbury wrote:
    Nah, he means you should have been carried away ina padded vanto the laughing academy...
    Well, I forgive you Sod. I am aware you are currently building up a whole stack of MF X series components that will look like an airplane cockpit wiring disaster from behind. Hence the lack of tolerance for commentary that devalue the musical value of MF kit.;)

BTW that 'violet floozy' emoticon you used in the Cracked Heels thread was so hideous I couldn't bring myself to make a reply. Knowing you, you prolly have a repetitive print similar to that on one of your gruesome Hawaiian shirts.

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     Gold/Super Testures
    Headphones
     Sennheiser HD238
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

paulberry wrote:
    For me true for Primare and also exposure:

Today no any all transistor amplifier is able to sound better than a hybrid one.
    I have this opinion also with 700 euro chineese hybrid amplifier(aeron in Italy) and 3000 euro transistor famous integrated that you mentioned.

The sound of voice first of all as also in full valve system is more easy to understand.
    Unfortunately, Paolo, it seems all those years of listening to this sound hasn't made your voice easy to understand on any hifi forum.

Banned
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes

Post imported post

solidstateman wrote:
    Well, I forgive you Sod. I am aware you are currently building up a whole stack of MF X series components that will look like an airplane cockpit wiring disaster from behind. Hence the lack of tolerance for commentary that devalue the musical value of MF kit.;)

BTW that 'violet floozy' emoticon you used in the Cracked Heels thread was so hideous I couldn't bring myself to make a reply. Knowing you, you prolly have a repetitive print similar to that on one of your gruesome Hawaiian shirts.

I was just clarifying, Solid...

I happen to really like the Exposure kit - has many of the MF'sbest qualities plus a liquid musicality that it's taken the X-10v3 to emulate; slightly lacking in detail overall, but that, as ever is a mixed blessing. I happen to think the 2010S range is a genuine audiophile bargain - pity about the profoundly uninspired casework...

Sadly, I lack a floozy print shirt, but if I had, I bet your GF would admire that one, too...

:sw:eofs

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     Gold/Super Testures
    Headphones
     Sennheiser HD238
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

"liquid musicality " is a great adjective for the new Exposure sound, Earl.For that you win a handcrafted candle made from the skin pickings on my heels.

Good nite.

Banned
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes

Post imported post

Sweet dreems and No Picking!

Registered

Post imported post

In any case,I think you understood also if my english is poor, I find out the monrio MC207 better that these if you want at any cost a total transistor amplifiers.