Pre Amp
     Kondo M1000
    Power Amp
     Kondo Kagura
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

One ofthe latest editions to my Youtube Favourites, a song performed by Tri Yann.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Amt...e=channel_page

Well, I like it and I think it's funny too if it pisses folk off

Banned
    Turn Table
     Steepletone 3 Speed
    Digital Source 1
     Bush CD/Cassette
    Speakers
     Vox Olympian/Elysian
    Pre Amp
     Kondo M1000
    Power Amp
     Kondo Kagura
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

And for those of you who maybe don't get what/where, Tri Yann are a great example of popularised/adapted old Breton music.

You might also like to watch this pleasant video showcasing some of the scenery in Brittany and some great music to go along with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW0JT...e=channel_page

I hope this might inspire plans in the back of your head for a holiday in Brittany one day. Hire a car, motor around and listen to the music as you go. Perhaps go to coincide with one of the Celtic music festivals. ( August , I think )

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Cloth-Ears wrote:
    One ofthe latest editions to my Youtube Favourites, a song performed by Tri Yann.

Enjoy.

Yep, as expected it pissed me off.
    I don't like stuff that sucks.

Real Name
     Kim Jong un
    Turn Table
     Tabun
    Digital Source 1
     Rondong-1
    Integrated Amp
     Taepodong-1
    Speakers
     Musudan-1
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes

Post imported post

Cheers Cloffy.
    i do like a bit of the old "stand on the cat" music as we refer to it.
    The main town near us id gourin, only about 5km away and every September the World Championship of Breton Music takes place. sadly we've been working every year thus far but this year we'll be attending. Any Wammer thinking about attending is more than welcome to camp down in our field - well even erect the big 16 man dome should any one take us up on the offer!
    Today in France, as every Summer Solstice, is La Fete de la Musique where the whole of France celebrates music in all its quises.
    Tri Yann are really good and play a lot of the fest Noz in these parts -other bands to watch out for are Carre Manchot (blend world and Breton music, and are very enjoyable indeed) Guichen Freres also are very good. I regularly listen to the Breton language radio station, when I can pick it up, and some of the voice only songs are brilliant. The whole idea is that the Breton language is not a written language and so stories and histories and legends are passed from mother to daughter and Father to son through song. Our neighbour Gwendal (search google for Gwendal ar floch http://www.conteur.gwendal.free.fr/ is a raconteur who passes Breton legends on through story telling -he'll often see the kids playing in the field and tell them a legend of Knights, dragons and mythical creatures -now you don't get that in Barnsley.
    Despite my be moaning of some of the Bretons its great to see that they care about keeping traditional culture alive. If anyone gets a chance to attend a really big Fest Noz - Fete de la Crepe at the end of July in Gourin is HUGE -you will see the real spectacle of thousands of people, both young and old, performing traditional dances -same offer of free use of tent applies to any wammers. It really is one thing that everyone should witness at some point in their lives!! The whole crowd moves as one, in endless circles within circles. I cant work out the footwork but, so i'm told it comes from neighbours meeting in new homes to have a lash up and compact the earth ground in the house -hence the sort of shuffling. I will learn it one day soon now were not working nights.
    for the more traditionalist there is the interceltique festival which is held every year at Lorient. Again we've always been working so I've only ever witnessed it on DVD and television but it really is something i've wanted to see since visiting Brittany as a 15 year old. Each year a different Celtic (pronounced seltic here)Country is given pride of place. There's details and links on my http://www.bookabandbrittany.com site, under the gig guide section.
    Breton music has a great deal to offer -it's very varied -so give it a bash, and if you can't handle the more traditional stuff then give the bands I suggest above a go.

Banned
    Turn Table
     Steepletone 3 Speed
    Digital Source 1
     Bush CD/Cassette
    Speakers
     Vox Olympian/Elysian
    Pre Amp
     Kondo M1000
    Power Amp
     Kondo Kagura
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Ha ha , Injector, I was sure it would piss you off

Banned
    Turn Table
     Steepletone 3 Speed
    Digital Source 1
     Bush CD/Cassette
    Speakers
     Vox Olympian/Elysian
    Pre Amp
     Kondo M1000
    Power Amp
     Kondo Kagura
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Great reply there, Stupinder !

I'll look into these other bands you mentioned.

One I got hold of recently was Dan Ar Braz, "Heritages Des Celts" cd, taken froma big meet of musicians on stage at some festival, including Capercaillie singer Karen Matheson - that's how I got to hear of it. It's really good and can be sourced on Amazon. Right now I have an Alan Stivel concert in my machine. I don't own any of his cd's yet but I think I will.

Like any kind of folk music, much / most of it will not be to your liking and that is no different from the world of rock/pop really. I've searched around Breton music and there is probably more that I don't like than I do. But when you get a good piece it's near as good as it gets.

I happen to like a lot of Cajun music from Louisianna. Of course there is huge variability with Cajun with all the different influences that have been picked up over the years. Again, I don't like most of it and I have my particualr leanings with Cajun. I find that my prefered style involves very old sounding folky tunes from the root source of the music. So often what I like best in Cajun, setting the rhythms aside, is just like the good Breton music I like. The well known Michael Doucet has done solo albums where he has had a chance to bring this out particularly.

Wammer
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Cloth-Ears wrote:

Enjoy.

Ignore Injector, that is obviously him in the comedy cowboy hat. Work must be slow if he has had to reduce himslef to that.

You're right though t'was funny, complete dog shit, but funny none the less.
    Shoe bombers! Increase your payload by becoming a clown.

eisenach

Post imported post

Ah, Tri Yann - good stuff!
    I've got several of their LPs and CDs.

Another (this time French Canadian) group in the same vein: La Bottine Souriante.