Yamaha CD-S2000
    Integrated Amp
     Plinius Pre/Power
    Speakers
     ProAc
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

I was reasonably happy with my speakers, well OK,just looking for a little bit of an upgrade and considering a pair of Proac's or modding the crossovers in my existing PMC's. So EOS suggests I listen to something further up the food chain to get a better handle on exactly what it is I want to improve. Why not have a listen to the Triangle Magellan Duetto's that Dana has in Bargain Corner in the UKD web site.
    So tonight Dana appears at my door with 2 boxes, yes 2, from which appear the most beautifully finished and larger than expected Triangles.
    They were plonked on the stands in more or less the same position as I have my PMC's we played a few CD's and a bit of vinyl for a couple of hours.

And now the bit that hurts. These lovely looking and sounding standmounters are half price at £1750, but I cannot afford them, damn you Sodbury for recommending a speaker that I like so much I'm now considering flogging one of my kidneys.

Thanks to Dana for coming over, the speakers just disappeared into the background and made all the music I tried soung good frm Joni Mitchell to Pantera. It was all a delight. Bass detail and upper mid mids were coming through clearly as opposed to the PMC's which seemm to have a slight dip in the response curve.

I can even forgive the fact that they are Mahogany, not sure what the wife say though.
    Just coz you got the power... that don't mean you got the right.

Acc shut see PuritÚ North
    Real Name
     PuritÚ North
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes

Post imported post

Sorry mate, but let's look on the bright side - you're a fit bloke: you should get more than enough for just one kidney AND have some left over for a mains filter too

Nice, ain't they?

:minikiev:

Real Name
     Stuart
    Turn Table
     Michell Gyro SE
    Digital Source 1
     Yamaha CD-S2000
    Integrated Amp
     Plinius Pre/Power
    Speakers
     ProAc
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Very nice speakers and once you see past their stunning looks they are quite subtle in what they do. I was expecting £3500 worth of kit to really announce itself but they just sound "right" and gradually reveal more and more of what they can do as the CD's and LP's go by. I was starting to go through my collection as if hearing each recording for the first time and being wowed by the extra detail and texture the Magellans presented to my wax filled ears.
    Stupidly I forgot to take any pics to tuck under my pillow!
    Just coz you got the power... that don't mean you got the right.

Real Name
     Feather
    Turn Table
     Avid Acutus
    T/Arm & Cart
     SME V / Airtight PC1
    SUT/Phono
     Whest PS30 R
    Digital Source 1
     SB Touch
    DAC
     Micromega Mydac
    Speakers
     Kharma Ce 2.3
    Pre Amp
     ModWright LS36.5
    Power Amp
     Plinius SA103
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

For that sort of money Stuart i would check out some Sonus Faber too .

PS I don't need a kidney
    First pressings son !

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

kjwestone have some black on black WB arcs for £2K too. lots to pick from dont rush. i know what you mean about the PMC's i had the TB1 and 2's they have a lower mid-range suckout.