Audio Emotion Evolution Audio Epiphany Acoustics 

Thread: CD Player mods

Wammer

Post imported post

Does anyone know anyone who modifies CD Players? I'm possibly looking at converting mine to a transport only (maybe a new transport)with an offboard power supply. Any ideas?

Wammer

Post imported post

Which player do you have?, and what dac?
    I've been know to do the odd one or two
    Distributor/stockists of Audio Physics/Art Loudspeakers/Belles /Bel canto/Black Ravioli/Coherent-Systems cabling /Esoteric/Focal Loudspeakers/Heco loudspeakers/Puresound/Revolver Loudspeakers/RPG Panels/Still points/Townshend audio

Wammer

Post imported post

Hi Mr C. I've got a Cyrus CD8x and the Cyrus DAC XP. Despite several queries it doesn't look as though Cyrus will ever make a pure transport so I'm toying with the idea of making my own. I have a psx-r for the unit aswell and am wondering whether or not it would be possible to use this purely for power (Currently the unit uses a bit of internal and external) I was hoping that you would reply, as I would be more comfortable having a chat with someone locally than by post etc. What are your thoughts, am I wasting my time or do you think it's something worth pursuing? The only reason I'm thinking about it, is because I had a listen to a CD7 that has been modded and I was impressed with the results.

Wammer

Post imported post

I would need to have a look inside the 8, to see whats possible.
    If you using they're dac, maybe a dedicated transport would be better (imo) T.
    are you running the dacx direct into mono x's?
    Distributor/stockists of Audio Physics/Art Loudspeakers/Belles /Bel canto/Black Ravioli/Coherent-Systems cabling /Esoteric/Focal Loudspeakers/Heco loudspeakers/Puresound/Revolver Loudspeakers/RPG Panels/Still points/Townshend audio

Wammer

Post imported post

Yes I have a pair of Mono X's running from the dacxp. When would be best to come and see you to have a look at what you could do?

Wammer

Post imported post

Seems like a good idea Bracko. Please keep us posted as to how you guys get on.

Wammer

Post imported post

Bracko you have PM

Wammer

Post imported post

Get a new CD player
    Naim, Rega, B&W

Wammer

Post imported post

woody wrote:
    Get a new CD player
    Or just carry on with what you have already

Wammer

Post imported post

Well, first off I'd just like to say how very helpful Tony has been. I've spent a good deal of time with him today and seem to come up with a solution to the problem I was experiencing with a fatiguing sound at higher listening levels. It doesn't involve modding my CD Player or getting a new one. It's not going to be cheap but neither is it expensive when put into context of what it did to my system.If anyone is looking at cables, I can at least recommend an audition of Tony's as I truly believe that you will be pleasantly suprised. I also got to listen to one of his 'projects' today and must say that it was thoroughly enjoyable. I won't say what it was,I'll leave that for Tony but some of you might be getting your cheque books out once you've had a listen.

Founding Wammer
    Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     PS Audio Digilink3
    Digital Source 1
     Camb. Audio 650BD
    Integrated Amp
     Leema Tucana
    Speakers
     Leema Xero
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Already bitten by the Coherent bug, own a pair of Tony's interconnects.....Superb.