Page 2 of 343 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bottle View Post
    Funnily enough I saw Roy Hodgson on the M6 today, he flew passed me at about 100mph with the phone in one hand a can of Stella in the other......

He'll do anything to get 3 points.

Cheers BB
    It's an old one and a cheap shot but I like it. Who do you support?

Real Name
     Steve
    Turn Table
     Clearaudio Emotion
    T/Arm & Cart
     Ortofon Salsa
    SUT/Phono
     Dino+
    Digital Source 1
     Marantz 6005
    Integrated Amp
     Creek Evo
    Speakers
     Proac/Wychwood Studio 150
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    It's an old one and a cheap shot but I like it. Who do you support?
    The Pride of The North East. The Mighty Boro.

Cheers BB

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    The Pride of The North East. The Mighty Boro.

Cheers BB
    I feel for you, I really do. It was a mistake to sack southgate but I can't believe how badly it's gone under strachan. Gibson has been punished for an uncharacteristicly ruthless decision!
    Last edited by reflection; 04-10-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Real Name
     Mark
    Turn Table
     Acoustic Solid Wood
    T/Arm & Cart
     AN Arm III/Io Gold
    SUT/Phono
     Allnic H1500
    Digital Source 1
     Modwright TP
    Speakers
     Avantgarde Uno Nano
    Pre Amp
     Kondo M7
    Power Amp
     LV Argento
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    It'll be funny when the whole shower of them, cowboys and accountants alike, have to troop into the bank they borrowed the money off and explain how they decided to spend 6.5 million replacing Rafael Benitez with Roy Hodgson.
    Kondo mafia
    http://www.last.fm/user/browellm

<----------Report this post here

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by browellm View Post
    It'll be funny when the whole shower of them, cowboys and accountants alike, have to troop into the bank they borrowed the money off and explain how they decided to spend 6.5 million replacing Rafael Benitez with Roy Hodgson.
    I really liked benitez for most of his reign but towards the end the moaning became too much. He doesn't know how to take responsibility for his actions. Thanks and good luck to him though!!

Real Name
     Steve
    Turn Table
     Clearaudio Emotion
    T/Arm & Cart
     Ortofon Salsa
    SUT/Phono
     Dino+
    Digital Source 1
     Marantz 6005
    Integrated Amp
     Creek Evo
    Speakers
     Proac/Wychwood Studio 150
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I feel for you, I really do. It was a mistake to sack southgate but I can't believe how badly it's gone under strachan. Gibson has been punished for an uncharacteristicly ruthless decision!
    I have a lot of time for Gareth Southgate but the mistake was giving him the managers job in the first place. Strachan has been a disaster so far, if we don't go up this season we are in the shite financially.

Cheers BB

Real Name
     Stuart
    Digital Source 1
     Laptop
    DAC
     Looking...
    Speakers
     B&W 802D
    Pre Amp
     Looking...
    Power Amp
     Mark Levinson 433
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I think King Kenny would have been a better choice,at least it gets the fans off the board's back for a good while... There is not much Roy can do about the crap squad(assembled at great cost)he has inherited.
    Tho,they should still have easily enough to see off Northampton and Blackpool.Losing Alonso was dreadful,they have never properly replaced him.Torres should be sold if they can get a massive bid for him from abroad,and 5 or 6 good players bought with the proceeds.

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I have a lot of time for Gareth Southgate but the mistake was giving him the managers job in the first place. Strachan has been a disaster so far, if we don't go up this season we are in the shite financially.

Cheers BB

I think it is a mistake to sack a manager who is 4th in the league full stop, whether you like the style of football or not. I have a soft spot for boro and I really hope they turn it around!

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambs12 View Post
    I think King Kenny would have been a better choice,at least it gets the fans off the board's back for a good while... There is not much Roy can do about the crap squad(assembled at great cost)he has inherited.
    Tho,they should still have easily enough to see off Northampton and Blackpool.Losing Alonso was dreadful,they have never properly replaced him.Torres should be sold if they can get a massive bid for him from abroad,and 5 or 6 good players bought with the proceeds.
    Kenny Dalglish has been a superb player & manager for Liverpool but would he end up getting stressed out again and quitting?! I'd have have employed him for the rollercoaster ride but I'm not so sure what the outcome would be.

Real Name
     Stuart
    Digital Source 1
     Laptop
    DAC
     Looking...
    Speakers
     B&W 802D
    Pre Amp
     Looking...
    Power Amp
     Mark Levinson 433
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Good point,but it sounded like he was up for it,and would have bought the board some time to sell the club without the fans on their back...I suppose the downside with a cult figure like Kenny is they can only really inspire the Liverpool supporting players in the squad,it has less effect on the foreigners who are not in it for the love of a historic club.

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    It'd be a fantastic bit of soap opera for sure but Kevin Keegan was a fantastic bit of soap opera and when the going got tough and all that. That's not to detract from the achievements of Kenny Dalglish but when you've been a manager you forget the hard times when you've been out for a while. The memory comes back when you get the job!

Wammer
    Real Name
     Griffo
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I well remember the Liverpool of my formative footballing days, assuming they would win with an ease and great style. Conquering European football along with other English teams (VILLA)

They are the perfect example of the modern obsession with football, greed, money, image rights and a lack of passion, where teams have become brands used to sell shit.

I take no pleasure in watching the Liverpool downfall, it echoes the downfall in the game in general.

When will a team like Forest win the elite European trophy ever again ?

The Champions league can fuck off.
    The top 4 can fuck off (coming fourth means you have won FUCK ALL).
    The money men can fuck off.
    All seater stadium can fuck off
    Prawn sandwiches and corporate boxes can fuck off (it's cold meat pies and fucking red hot Bovril ONLY you middle class corporate gobs of arse gravy)

Seeing the demise of the once great Liverpool simply echoes the loss of the game I fell in love with.

I feel for the Liverpool fans.

I take no pleasure in watching their downfall from afar.

Wammer
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by griffo104 View Post

When will a team like Forest win the elite European trophy ever again ?
    Never.
    Shoe bombers! Increase your payload by becoming a clown.

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Demise is too strong a word. There's too much history. It will be turned around. Perhaps not by Hodgson, but I hope so!

As for NF they should be in the premiership and I look forward to their return!

Wammer
    Real Name
     Griffo
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Demise is too strong a word. There's too much history. It will be turned around. Perhaps not by Hodgson, but I hope so!

As for NF they should be in the premiership and I look forward to their return!
    In order for Liverpool to return they need serious investment. That's the problem nowadays, you don't turn it around on the pitch anymore. It's all about finances. Just hearing the Liverpool fans on the radio blaming the lack of investment from the current owners has put them where they are.

Hodgson can't turn it round, while the longer they are out of the CL and no mega rich investors come in the further they fall behind.

I really like Hodgson, thought he did a great job at Fulham but the expectations isn't as great neither is the history.

What is it 20 years without winning the league ? How many more years before they do it again ?

They have a great history but that's what it is. You'll end up sounding like us Villa fans banging on about how big we were at the turn of the century (19th to 20th that is).

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Sorry but AV vs Liverpool isn't a comparison. The revenue that Liverpool can generate puts them in a different league. As for the Liverpool need investment argument, how much investment have blackpool had! They need more money but I think it's more about the soul of the club!

Wammer
    Real Name
     Griffo
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Sorry but AV vs Liverpool isn't a comparison. The revenue that Liverpool can generate puts them in a different league. As for the Liverpool need investment argument, how much investment have blackpool had! They need more money but I think it's more about the soul of the club!
    What comparison I was being ironic and speaking from experience. Nothing annoys me more as Chelsea spend billions and win trophies galore that huge number of Villa fans will come out with the "They haven't got our tradition". Bet they are gutted.

Great revenue when you have had huge debts that under any other business would put you out of existence. 10 years ago you had more revenue than Chelsea.

You have a ground that can no longer compete with two of your main competitors and can't get away with charging silly money for tickets like the London brigade can.

We finished higher than Liverpool last year but you got more revenue. Well done, they got fuck all for it though as they interest on their debts soaked it all up.

I'll repeat it, until a wealthy owner comes in Liverpool will continue to fall behind. They are in trouble of even going in to administration if RBS decide to call their loan in.

All you have said has nothing to do with what happens on the pitch, which right now is pretty dire.

Football is about to be what happens on the pitch, not on a bank balance - turnover or debt.

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    "Football is about to be what happens on the pitch, not on a bank balance - turnover or debt." Isn't that what I stated? It's more about the soul of the club than the finances at the moment! I hope AV do well. I have nothing against them.

Wammer
    Real Name
     Griffo
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    "Football is about to be what happens on the pitch, not on a bank balance - turnover or debt." Isn't that what I stated? It's more about the soul of the club than the finances at the moment! I hope AV do well. I have nothing against them.
    My apologies I misunderstood your comment.

Teams like Liverpool should not be in this state. After what has happened to Portsmouth, Liverpool and Man U, you have to question who at the FA is checking the worthiness of people being allowed to buy football clubs.

Real Name
     Stuart
    Digital Source 1
     Laptop
    DAC
     Looking...
    Speakers
     B&W 802D
    Pre Amp
     Looking...
    Power Amp
     Mark Levinson 433
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Fear not,there is another bunch of Yanks waiting in the wings to save the day! Hang on,isn't this what caused the chaos in the first place..?