Pre Amp
     Kondo M7
    Power Amp
     LV Argento
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambs12 View Post
    Fear not,there is another bunch of Yanks waiting in the wings to save the day! Hang on,isn't this what caused the chaos in the first place..?
    Wait, what? The chaos was caused *because* they're American? :-/
    Kondo mafia
    http://www.last.fm/user/browellm

<----------Report this post here

Real Name
     Stuart
    Digital Source 1
     Laptop
    DAC
     Looking...
    Speakers
     B&W 802D
    Pre Amp
     Ayre K5XE-mp
    Power Amp
     Mark Levinson 433
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Not Because they are American,just find it ironic that the potential solution could come from an organisation run along similar lines...

Interstellar Overdriver Sumdumgi's Avatar
    Real Name
     Les
    Turn Table
     Clearaudio Concept
    SUT/Phono
     Project SE II
    Digital Source 1
     Oppo BDP-103
    Digital Source 2
     Sonos/Synology DS214
    DAC
     Naim DAC-V1
    Integrated Amp
     Pathos Logos
    Speakers
     PMC FB1i
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I frankly couldn't care less if Liverpool go to the wall. They've no more right than any other Club to be in existence and the stuff Sky are saying about Liverpool FC's importance to the UK just passes me by. The owners have the Club in a lot of debt, the same as many other Clubs. It seems that the owners have actually divvied up quite a bit of cash in the past which Benitez spent well on some occasions and completely squandered on others (Aquilani 20m as one example). If Benitez had spent the cash well and they were in the top 4 I doubt most Liverpool fans would give two hoots about who owned their Club. Feel sorry for Hodgson, he's taken on a mess, a moderate squad with no real chance in the medium term to turn it around but I suppose he went in with his eyes open.

Last edited by Sumdumgi; 06-10-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Sssshhh Shut The F..k Up It Cost How Much!?!'s Avatar
    Real Name
     Bob
    Turn Table
     Transrotor Fat Bob
    T/Arm & Cart
     Transrotor/Koetsu
    SUT/Phono
     S&B/Hagerman Trumpet
    Digital Source 1
     Esoteric P-30
    DAC
     AS DAX Discrete
    Speakers
     JBL L112 Quad ESL989
    Pre Amp
     Audio Research SP14
    Power Amp
     Primare 928 (white)
    Headphones
     Stax 4040 Beyer 990
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    The likely new owner is not rich enough IMHO, if you look at 300M+ for a new stadium, 230M+ dept (which he say's he will clear) and money for new players (another 50M+), so nearly 600M investment + other costs. the guy is worth US800M, so it would take all his cash to do this without borrowing, so this isn't going to happen. Looks like mega debt + new stadium or less mega debt and old stadium to me. So no change then.

Poulson is a laugh, may Woy buy many more like him. I vote for Woy buying Bobo Balde.

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    What LFC needs is for satan to hand back its soul. Lots of cash would be great but the most important requirements are creating a more stable environment and getting the culture right. Then things can move forward positively!

Wammer
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by It Cost How Much!?! View Post
    The likely new owner is not rich enough IMHO, if you look at 300M+ for a new stadium, 230M+ dept (which he say's he will clear) and money for new players (another 50M+), so nearly 600M investment + other costs. the guy is worth US800M, so it would take all his cash to do this without borrowing, so this isn't going to happen. Looks like mega debt + new stadium or less mega debt and old stadium to me. So no change then.
    He's not buying it alone, he's one part of a group called New England Sports Ventures (NESV) presumably they have more cash between them seeing as they own a fair few sports franchises already.
    Shoe bombers! Increase your payload by becoming a clown.

Sssshhh Shut The F..k Up It Cost How Much!?!'s Avatar
    Real Name
     Bob
    Turn Table
     Transrotor Fat Bob
    T/Arm & Cart
     Transrotor/Koetsu
    SUT/Phono
     S&B/Hagerman Trumpet
    Digital Source 1
     Esoteric P-30
    DAC
     AS DAX Discrete
    Speakers
     JBL L112 Quad ESL989
    Pre Amp
     Audio Research SP14
    Power Amp
     Primare 928 (white)
    Headphones
     Stax 4040 Beyer 990
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Great news, another US sport venture capital fund. Even worse for Liverfools then as they will be wanting an annual return of 7%+ on their investment.

Real Name
     Paul
    Digital Source 1
     CD Transport
    DAC
     DAC
    Integrated Amp
     Valve Integrated
    Speakers
     Floorstanders
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Can't see it changing much other than the RBS debt being wiped off - though who knows how it is really all funded by these American sporting conglomerates and I'd be amazed if there wasn't some form of bank loan involved.

Irrespective of the financial situation the playing and coaching staff will remain the same for the forseeable future, so, based on the 14 competitive fixtures that have been played this season (includes some early Europa League dross), unless something dramatic happens to the way we are playing I'm afraid relegation looks a near certainty.
    The master of prescience

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by unclepuncle View Post
    Can't see it changing much other than the RBS debt being wiped off - though who knows how it is really all funded by these American sporting conglomerates and I'd be amazed if there wasn't some form of bank loan involved.

Irrespective of the financial situation the playing and coaching staff will remain the same for the forseeable future, so, based on the 14 competitive fixtures that have been played this season (includes some early Europa League dross), unless something dramatic happens to the way we are playing I'm afraid relegation looks a near certainty.
    My arse will we be relegated. Positive thinking please!!

Wammer
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I highly doubt they'll be relegated, once this has gone through (could take months) and it's settled I can see Roy turning it around to at least a mid table finish, then he'll have money to spend next summer and make a real go if it for next season. Obviously that's if they don't sack him, again highly unlikely.

As for Debt;

Liverpool FC chairman Martin Broughton Q&A.

"a) Will the debt burden be removed completely?

To all intents and purposes, yes. All of the acquisition debt that was involved in the current owners acquisition will be removed completely. We'll still have what we call normal working capital debt and there's a facility there for the new stadium which will remain in place, but to all intents and purposes all the major debt that has been causing our problem has been paid off."
    Shoe bombers! Increase your payload by becoming a clown.

Real Name
     Paul
    Digital Source 1
     CD Transport
    DAC
     DAC
    Integrated Amp
     Valve Integrated
    Speakers
     Floorstanders
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I don't buy into all this stuff about the business side affecting the playing side. So what if new owners come in, unless or until they massively improve the squad we have the same manager and players as before so if they carry on playing like they have so far it is 'a fact' (gotta love Rafa for that one) that relegation is a certainty - beaten at home, deservedly, by Blackpool and Northampton is not mid table form

Obviosuly they may get their act together on the pitch (which at best might be mid table respectability given the quality of the squad) but I for one won't be holding my breath.
    The master of prescience

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Do Northampton & Blackpool have better players? I don't think so. It's more about what's going on inside their little heads and things off the pitch are contributing to the dire performances. As for relegation get some money on as you can get 20/1 with skybet!!

Real Name
     Paul
    Digital Source 1
     CD Transport
    DAC
     DAC
    Integrated Amp
     Valve Integrated
    Speakers
     Floorstanders
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Other than Reina, a 100% fit Torres (which may never happen again) and maybe Gerrard, no other Liverpool player would even get on the bench at Chelsea. Glen Johnson, Kuyt and maybe Joe Cole might get in most middle table teams, but the rest of them are either too old and well past their best (Carragher) or just very average players (Lucas, Poulsen, Skirtel, Agger, Ngog, Babel, Kyriakos etc) and wouldn't even get in the first 11 at teams like Bolton, Blackburn etc so please don't claim the players are too good to go down.
    The master of prescience

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    The squad isn't anywhere near as strong as the likes of Chelsea's I agree. It's not as weak as you seem to think either though. That's a fact!

Have you placed the bet yet?

Real Name
     Barry
    Turn Table
     Rega P3/24
    T/Arm & Cart
     AO RB301 - 2M Black
    SUT/Phono
     P10
    Digital Source 1
     CA 752
    Speakers
     AE 305
    Pre Amp
     NAD C370
    Power Amp
     NAD C270
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    What LFC needs is for satan to hand back its soul. Lots of cash would be great but the most important requirements are creating a more stable environment and getting the culture right. Then things can move forward positively!
    Spot on their La just look across the park.

Real Name
     Andy
    Integrated Amp
     Meridian M80
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    Spot on their La just look across the park.
    Moyes and Kenwright are great ambassadors'. I hope this season is a goodun for you and that you find investment from a suitable party!

Founding Wammer
    Digital Source 1
     My amp
    Integrated Amp
     Arcam AVR600
    Speakers
     PMC DB1i
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/9066856.stm

If that interview is right then the current gillette and Hicks will get nowt - which is exactly what they deserve

IF administration is the end game this will be a season never to forget for all the wrong reasons
    What does it all mean Basil ???

Real Name
     Paul
    Digital Source 1
     CD Transport
    DAC
     DAC
    Integrated Amp
     Valve Integrated
    Speakers
     Floorstanders
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    With Hicks doing everything possible to prevent the deal I wonder if there is a large personal element to this new American takeover?

Are they trying to buy the club on the cheap as a way of sticking their fingers up at Hicks who(through his company Hicks Holdings LLC) must have crossed paths with the new owners in the sporting/investor business in the USA - maybe there is some ancient history between the rival owners and this is just big boys games
    The master of prescience

Real Name
     Steve
    Turn Table
     Clearaudio Emotion
    T/Arm & Cart
     Ortofon Salsa
    SUT/Phono
     Dino+
    Digital Source 1
     Marantz 6005
    Integrated Amp
     Creek Evo
    Speakers
     Proac/Wychwood Studio 150
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Hicks is trying to block the deal because as it stands he will walk away with nothing. It's allright Broughton saying Hicks and Gillet should walk away now in the best interests of the club but I'd be fucked if I'd walk away knowing 150M of my money had just gone up the Swanny.

It's not just about staying up this season, long term it's about getting back into the top 4, I just don't see it happening, Man City will claim 4th this season (or better maybe) and Tottenham will there or there abouts. Tottenham will have a new stadium before Liverpool too. American owners are in it to make money and in the long term it may be in the best interests of the club but whilst Arab, Indian and Russian Billionaires see Premier League Clubs as a hobby then you don't stand a chance.

Cheers BB

Real Name
     Paul
    Digital Source 1
     CD Transport
    DAC
     DAC
    Integrated Amp
     Valve Integrated
    Speakers
     Floorstanders
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Given the apparent bargain price for one of the greatest clubs in world football it seems amazing to me that one of these bliionaires hasn't snapped it up.
    The master of prescience