DAC
    Integrated Amp
     Valve Integrated
    Speakers
     Floorstanders
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by unclepuncle View Post
    Two straight defeats to nil was a limp end to a season which highlighted just how far behind we have fallen. Even in a year where almost all the other top clubs had poor or indifferent seasons we were still well behind. Sure things got a bit better once 'Woy' was sacked but there is still a very long way to go to get anywhere near the champion league places.

Suarez looks a decent enough signing, but I'm not sure spending 35 million on Andy Carroll was the best use of resources

With Gerrard way past his best we need a decent central midfielder or two (will Charlie Admas still want to come to Anfield or rather go to one of the Champion League clubs?). We also need at least 3 decent defenders and better quality wide players (Ashley Young and Staurt Downing have been mentioned, though I expect Young will cost too much and would rather go to a Champions League team).

As I have said repeatedly, and I appear to be the only one, I don't have any great belief in Kenny's long term managerial ability so it will be interesting to see how things pan out.
    This was one occassion when I'd have been very happy to be proved wrong but as usual I seem to have been absolutley on the button

If the Yanks wish to employ me to help sort out the mess I'm still available.
    'Master of Prescience'

Real Name
     Paul
    Digital Source 1
     CD Transport
    DAC
     DAC
    Integrated Amp
     Valve Integrated
    Speakers
     Floorstanders
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by russ abbott - royds brother View Post
    Don't worry chelsea up at 4 o clock.

Would be extremely pleased with a draw but i fear 3 or 4-1.
    Got a feeling Torres and Miereles will both have blinders just to rub it in to us LFC fans
    'Master of Prescience'

Wammer
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

If the Yanks wish to employ me to help sort out the mess I'm still available.
    Are you Roy Hodgson?

Kenny's spent all the cash, you'd be left with mission impossible

Anyway, it's unlike him to sell talented foreigners and buy expensive (mediocre) British players, oh wait...

Real Name
     Steve
    Turn Table
     Clearaudio Emotion
    T/Arm & Cart
     Ortofon Salsa
    SUT/Phono
     Dino+
    Digital Source 1
     Marantz 6005
    Integrated Amp
     Creek Evo
    Speakers
     Proac/Wychwood Studio 150
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Bit of a reality check for you scoucers. Unlucky against Stoke, piss poor against Spurs. Still a lack of strength in depth and it shows at the back. Can't see any reason to start pressing the panic button though.

Cheers BB

Sssshhh Shut The F..k Up It Cost How Much!?!'s Avatar
    Real Name
     Bob
    Turn Table
     Transrotor Fat Bob
    T/Arm & Cart
     Transrotor/Koetsu
    SUT/Phono
     S&B/Hagerman Trumpet
    Digital Source 1
     Esoteric P-30
    DAC
     AS DAX Discrete
    Speakers
     JBL L112 Quad ESL989
    Pre Amp
     Audio Research SP14
    Power Amp
     Primare 928 (white)
    Headphones
     Stax 4040 Beyer 990
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Kenny will be there at least until the end of the season, as he truely has to massively fail for him to be sacked i.e. bottom 6 and the fans calling for his head. With this squad, it's looking like 7/8th this season.

His mistake was not buying 3 defenders in the summer, rather than a fat tall overpriced chav in January. Liverpool desperately needed 2 centre half's and a left back. They got a left back, who isn't that good. they still need midfield cover in the wide area.

He will do what he always does, when under pressure, buy more strikers.

Wammer
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Looks like they are missing Mereiles, Enrique is one of the better left backs in the Prem. Carroll needs to get his act together - Ledley King, who can barely walk kept him in check all match yesterday. Carroll has the ability as he has shown at Newcastle and very occasionally since his transfer, he needs to show it consistently or re-adjust his attitude.

Real Name
     Jezzer
    Digital Source 1
     SB Touch
    Digital Source 2
     Audiolab 8200CDQ
    Speakers
     Usher Be-718
    Power Amp
     Bel Canto eVo2 GenII
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Liverpool were as shit as Spurs were good. Yes, we were missing Meireles. We lacked creativity (amongst other things). Also, why did we start with Carroll? We should've started with Kuyt and Saurez.

Carroll was walking when he should've been running.

Liverpool are still very much a work in progress. Spurs, who obviously had a tough start to the season, are now showing their true potential as top four contenders.
    Eats, shoots and leaves...

Real Name
     Bob
    Turn Table
     Transrotor Fat Bob
    T/Arm & Cart
     Transrotor/Koetsu
    SUT/Phono
     S&B/Hagerman Trumpet
    Digital Source 1
     Esoteric P-30
    DAC
     AS DAX Discrete
    Speakers
     JBL L112 Quad ESL989
    Pre Amp
     Audio Research SP14
    Power Amp
     Primare 928 (white)
    Headphones
     Stax 4040 Beyer 990
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Spurs did have a difficult three of the first four matches (MUFC away, MCFC home, Liverpool home), I would expect them to be in the top 5 this season. Between Spuds and the Arse for 4th/5th I think. Whinger can't carry on getting it wrong.

Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     Lost in move sob,sob
    Digital Source 1
     Accuphase DP57
    Digital Source 2
     Linkserver+mini mac
    DAC
     DP57/Benchmark/Cyrus
    Speakers
     TanS10/Elipse activ
    Pre Amp
     Unison Research/Icon
    Power Amp
     J wood audio special
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Come on you SPURS

Real Name
     Mark
    Turn Table
     Acoustic Solid Wood
    T/Arm & Cart
     AN Arm III/Io Gold
    SUT/Phono
     Allnic H1500
    Digital Source 1
     Modwright TP
    Speakers
     Avantgarde Uno Nano
    Pre Amp
     Kondo M7
    Power Amp
     LV Argento
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by It Cost How Much!?!
    Kenny will be there at least until the end of the season, as he truely has to massively fail for him to be sacked i.e. bottom 6 and the fans calling for his head. With this squad, it's looking like 7/8th this season.

His mistake was not buying 3 defenders in the summer, rather than a fat tall overpriced chav in January. Liverpool desperately needed 2 centre half's and a left back. They got a left back, who isn't that good. they still need midfield cover in the wide area.

He will do what he always does, when under pressure, buy more strikers.
    Bob, why do you comment so much on something you know so little about?

I can assure you that Kenny could finish in the bottom 3 and he wouldn't be sacked.

He bought Enrique and Coates and with Kelly (injured), Flannagan and Wilson coming from the reserves. Ask any neutral and they will tell you he is one of the best left backs in the Prem, and has been quality in every game we've played. We also tried to buy Clichy, but he preferred the wages and CL football at City.

The Carroll purchase I have explained at some length on here before. Overpriced, but his fee was set by the sale of Torres and Mike Ashley's demands.
    Kondo mafia
    http://www.last.fm/user/browellm

<----------Report this post here

Real Name
     Paul
    Digital Source 1
     CD Transport
    DAC
     DAC
    Integrated Amp
     Valve Integrated
    Speakers
     Floorstanders
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by browellm View Post
    The Carroll purchase I have explained at some length on here before. Overpriced, but his fee was set by the sale of Torres and Mike Ashley's demands.
    That explains the exhorbitant fee (lets say 15 million more than he was really worth) but dosen't explain why Kenny wanted him so badly in the first place - thats the burning question he will have to answer if Carroll dosen't start playing better?

I don't think the Yanks ever wanted to make Kenny full time manger - thats why they delayed it so long, but then when the clamour got so big they caved in. Once he was given the 3 year contract we immediately lost the last 2 games of the season and have started this season very shakily.

I can see a very dodgy night in store tomorrow at Brighton and then we have an absolutely 'must-win' game at home to Wolves (who don't forget put the final nail in Hodgson's coffin when winning at Anfield last year), followed by the derby match against Everton at Goodison and then Man Utd at Anfield. Will be interesting to see how 'untouchable' King Kenny is after that lot
    'Master of Prescience'

Real Name
     Bob
    Turn Table
     Transrotor Fat Bob
    T/Arm & Cart
     Transrotor/Koetsu
    SUT/Phono
     S&B/Hagerman Trumpet
    Digital Source 1
     Esoteric P-30
    DAC
     AS DAX Discrete
    Speakers
     JBL L112 Quad ESL989
    Pre Amp
     Audio Research SP14
    Power Amp
     Primare 928 (white)
    Headphones
     Stax 4040 Beyer 990
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by browellm View Post
    Bob, why do you comment so much on something you know so little about?

I can assure you that Kenny could finish in the bottom 3 and he wouldn't be sacked.

He bought Enrique and Coates and with Kelly (injured), Flannagan and Wilson coming from the reserves. Ask any neutral and they will tell you he is one of the best left backs in the Prem, and has been quality in every game we've played. We also tried to buy Clichy, but he preferred the wages and CL football at City.

'cos i work near the Peoples Republic of Scouseland and get it all day from the strange talking scousers. Strangely, your version differs from the scouse version.

Carroll is an interesting purchase, as he doesn't fit the style of play that they had last season, and having purchased a winger to put the ball at his head, he doesn't seem to fit it this season.

You do have some good young players from the very successful youth side, but have we seen them much this season after the strange purchase of Charlie Adam?

Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Lenco
    Digital Source 1
     Sony
    DAC
     Bushmaster
    Integrated Amp
     Sugden
    Speakers
     jr149, BK sub.
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    You can't build a house without good foundations, once all the peices are put together annoying settlement cracks in the structure are inevitable.

Liverpool have a fantastic management foundation and the new signings are still settling in. If the new signings fail to perform or the cracks in the team performance widen, I'm sure repairs and replacements will be instigated.

No damning judgement on my behalf, I still reckon 2013/14 will be the telling season for the team and coaches - its only 2 years away. Even old 'red nose' was almost shown the door at Manu because of lack of instant success - look at them now.

Real Name
     Paul
    Digital Source 1
     CD Transport
    DAC
     DAC
    Integrated Amp
     Valve Integrated
    Speakers
     Floorstanders
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny s View Post
    You can't build a house without good foundations, once all the peices are put together annoying settlement cracks in the structure are inevitable.

Liverpool have a fantastic management foundation and the new signings are still settling in. If the new signings fail to perform or the cracks in the team performance widen, I'm sure repairs and replacements will be instigated.

No damning judgement on my behalf, I still reckon 2013/14 will be the telling season for the team and coaches - its only 2 years away. Even old 'red nose' was almost shown the door at Manu because of lack of instant success - look at them now.
    John Henry did state that Champions League qualification was a bare minimum requirement this season - maybe there is something in Kenny's contract about that?
    'Master of Prescience'

Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Lenco
    Digital Source 1
     Sony
    DAC
     Bushmaster
    Integrated Amp
     Sugden
    Speakers
     jr149, BK sub.
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    John Henry did state that Champions League qualification was a bare minimum requirement this season - maybe there is something in Kenny's contract about that?
    Yes, I'd forgotten that nugget of fast food mentality. It would be a shame if what has been created was dismantled because of a lack of instant gratification. I am optimistic about Liverpool, but not this season, I hope that their performances improve and stabilise and show that they are heading in the right direction and with the right attitude.

Liverpool fans have always been hungry for success, equally they have always appreciated a good attitude, positive football, team spirit and club loyalty. If the team delivers, I would think the dismissal of Dalglish would be vey difficult to achieve.

Real Name
     Charlie
    Turn Table
     BLACK LP12-Pro-Ject
    Digital Source 1
     Naim CD5i-CD7300
    Integrated Amp
     Naim5i-PM7200
    Speakers
     CV V15F-Kans
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I strongly suspect that Liver will finish in top 3 - e.g. behind the Manchester duo.
    'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind' (or pocket)...

Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Lenco
    Digital Source 1
     Sony
    DAC
     Bushmaster
    Integrated Amp
     Sugden
    Speakers
     jr149, BK sub.
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    What a harsh descision to send Evertons Jack Rodwell off the pitch in todays Derby. Cahills challenge shortly afterwards was a lot worse in severity and yet he pulled a yellow card.

If it had been against any of the teams above Liverpool I would have been sighing sighs of relief, not believing our good luck and over zealous refereeing. Not against Everton though, a very harsh descision - I really am sorry to all you Bluenoses.

Without the sending off ------------ we'd still have won, but fairly.

Real Name
     Barry
    Turn Table
     Rega P3/24
    T/Arm & Cart
     AO RB301 - 2M Black
    SUT/Phono
     P10
    Digital Source 1
     CA 752
    Speakers
     AE 305
    Pre Amp
     NAD C370
    Power Amp
     NAD C270
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Thanks for the sympathetic comments John, its hard enough beating Liverpool but an early red card only meant one outcome.
    Some of these refs should think of the fans and realize they are ruining the chance of a great game, if it was violent then ok but a very harsh decision.

Real Name
     Paul
    Digital Source 1
     CD Transport
    DAC
     DAC
    Integrated Amp
     Valve Integrated
    Speakers
     Floorstanders
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    The sending off was a joke wasn't even a foul. Suarez made a right meal of it as well which is a shame, but I guess that most players would have done the same.

As John says at least one other Everton player should have been sent off for cutting Charlie Adams in two just before half-time. Before the sending off Everton were slightly on top so it's impossible to say what would have happened.
    'Master of Prescience'