MF X-Ray v3
    Integrated Amp
     MF 308 pre/power
    Speakers
     Dyn Contour 1.3SE
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

I've added a link to a web page in my signature. Other people havemanaged to give a description to suchlink rather than showing the plain urlitself. Like 'My System' or whatever. Anyone care to explainhow this can be done?

Real Name
     James
    Turn Table
     Acoustic Solid 111
    T/Arm & Cart
     Audio Note / Benz
    SUT/Phono
     Puresound T10/P10
    Digital Source 1
     Leema - Antilla
    Digital Source 2
     SONOS connect
    DAC
     CA DAC Magic
    Speakers
     Living Voice OBX R2
    Pre Amp
     Modwright SWL 9.0SE
    Power Amp
     Bladelius (Advantage
    Headphones
     Bowers & Wilkins P7
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     Erik
    Digital Source 1
     MF X-Ray v3
    Integrated Amp
     MF 308 pre/power
    Speakers
     Dyn Contour 1.3SE
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

HiFiWigWam wrote: ThanksJames.Next time I'lldo a search myself.

Edit: so far not making much progression.

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     'Super Testures'
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

ErikFH wrote:
    I've added a link to a web page in my signature. Other people havemanaged to give a description to suchlink rather than showing the plain urlitself. Like 'My System' or whatever. Anyone care to explainhow this can be done?
    You listen to a lot of old pop music.

btw, seeing how many old soul records you got up there... remember the convo we had last Jan (has it been a year?) about the Dreamgirls musical? The making of the movie version? Well, its been released in the US of A and the hype is that its Motown-inspired soundtrack is going to inspire a renaissance of good ol' soul music.

See if you can find a copy of Ms Jennifer Hudson's rendition of "And I am Tellin' You... I Am Not Going!" online. Heard (an expired site's) MP3 of it and it sent shivers down my spine --- Ms Hudson sings it like a soulful opera aria. She has been nominated for Best Supporting Actress in the Golden Globe and SAG award, and Oscar recognition is just around the corner too.

Mr Clive Davis has also signed her to his record label and they could just put out a great "old-style" soul album. Ms Hudson is that kind of a singer. Her high notes are as thrilling as Maria Callas'.

You should be keeping an eye on this artiste.

SS

ps: Dreamgirls soundtrack out now.

CONRAD-JOHNSON ET3SE & HD3, ICON AUDIO LA4 MKIII > NAIM NAP 100, PRIMARE DAC 30
    GENESIS M60 & I60, ELICIT, A38,
    AYRE K-5xeMP, QUAD 909, X-T100, X-A2, TA-F246E
    TANNOY PRECISION 6.2, ELAC BS244, ATC SCM11, S3/5R, DM 2/6, XERO, Q 2020i

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     Erik
    Digital Source 1
     MF X-Ray v3
    Integrated Amp
     MF 308 pre/power
    Speakers
     Dyn Contour 1.3SE
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

SSM wrote:
    ErikFH wrote:
    You listen to a lot of old pop music.

btw, seeing how many old soul records you got up there... remember the convo we had last Jan (has it been a year?) about the Dreamgirls musical? The making of the movie version? Well, its been released in the US of A and the hype is that its Motown-inspired soundtrack is going to inspire a renaissance of good ol' soul music.

See if you can find a copy of Ms Jennifer Hudson's rendition of "And I am Tellin' You... I Am Not Going!" online. Heard (an expired site's) MP3 of it and it sent shivers down my spine --- Ms Hudson sings it like a soulful opera aria. She has been nominated for Best Supporting Actress in the Golden Globe and SAG award, and Oscar recognition is just around the corner too.

Mr Clive Davis has also signed her to his record label and they could just put out a great "old-style" soul album. Ms Hudson is that kind of a singer. Her high notes are as thrilling as Maria Callas'.

You should be keeping an eye on this artiste.

SS

ps: Dreamgirls soundtrack out now.
    Yup, for the obvious reasonsI like classicalmusic. ;)

And yes I rememberwe tookasneak preview. Just hope that ain't already one year ago.

Good to see you're still on top of the Dreamgirls.:nerd:I'll go and see the moviewhen it entersthecinema.I understandthe story containsnewreportoire socurious abouthow it will affectthe ears. Outside the Tent :lmao:soul can easily be as popular as it was in the sixties and seventies. I watched a live gig of the Funk Brothers (Motown backing band in the sixties) three years back, andto my pleasant surprise most visitors wherestudents who could sing along all the tunes.

Will have a listen to ms. Hudson and might even add her record to the list when it gets released.

Still can't manage to create a hyperlink.

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     'Super Testures'
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

ErikFH wrote:
    And yes I rememberwe tookasneak preview. Just hope that ain't already one year ago.
    Unfortunately it HAS been a year. How fast Time flies. Before you know it, in the blink of an eye, we could be 50yo gits arguing over who has had a good bowel movement in weeks.

I'm impressed to see a Dutchman knows his Motown choons. Would have thought the preferred music of ye Orange Europeans would be that of Aqua, Roxette and other squeaky-clean disco-pop sung in Scandinavian accents.

SS

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     Erik
    Digital Source 1
     MF X-Ray v3
    Integrated Amp
     MF 308 pre/power
    Speakers
     Dyn Contour 1.3SE
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

SSM wrote:
    ErikFH wrote:
    Unfortunately it HAS been a year. How fast Time flies. Before you know it, in the blink of an eye, we could be 50yo gits arguing over who has had a good bowel movement in weeks.

I'm impressed to see a Dutchman knows his Motown choons. Would have thought the preferred music of ye Orange Europeans would be that of Aqua, Roxette and other squeaky-clean disco-pop sung in Scandinavian accents.

SS
    Dutchie always havebeeninternationally orientatedandfrom the beginning we've had ahealthy interest forquality pop music. Artists like to hang around in Holland (Amsterdam actually :djermaica as they receivegreatresponse (their words, not mine)from the audience. Aqua is what we drink, Roxette is what we should avoid (they admittedly where too popular here ). But we loved ABBA for the obvious reasons. AndBrothers in Arms . I just follow myown quality pop sluttaste. Re Soul, when visiting asoul event like a Solomon Burke live gig,99.8% of the audience appears to be 'white'. This puzzles me morethan my own good taste.;)

Fold upkomkommers in Dutchwhole meal bread andbowels will rewardwithno troubles as long as you may live.:nerd:

Soul Dipper.

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     'Super Testures'
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

ErikFH wrote:
    SSM wrote:
    ErikFH wrote:

SS
    Dutchie always havebeeninternationally orientatedandfrom the beginning we've had ahealthy interest forquality pop music. Artists like to hang around in Holland (Amsterdam actually :djermaica as they receivegreatresponse (their words, not mine)from the audience. Aqua is what we drink, Roxette is what we should avoid (they admittedly where too popular here ). But we loved ABBA for the obvious reasons. AndBrothers in Arms . I just follow myown quality pop sluttaste. Re Soul, when visiting asoul event like a Solomon Burke live gig,99.8% of the audience appears to be 'white'. This puzzles me morethan my own good taste.;)

Fold upkomkommers in Dutchwhole meal bread andbowels will rewardwithno troubles as long as you may live.:nerd:

Soul Dipper.
    You are cool.

Its a pity we should have our rendenzvous in this forum that's full of Inglishmen who all uniformly think music made by groups of hairy, guitar-bashing, nicotine-stained hard rockers constitutes "cool" taste in music. Boring conformists.:lmao:

Might try putting more effort into learning a bit of Dutch. I'm shocked to find that there's no proper Dutch noun for strawberry (fruit not popular there?). Closest is combining "Stro+bes = strobes. Disco time!

SS

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     Erik
    Digital Source 1
     MF X-Ray v3
    Integrated Amp
     MF 308 pre/power
    Speakers
     Dyn Contour 1.3SE
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

SSM wrote:
    Its a pity we should have our rendenzvous in this forum that's full of Inglishmen who all uniformly think music made by groups of hairy, guitar-bashing, nicotine-stained hard rockers constitutes "cool" taste in music. Boring conformists.:lmao:

Might try putting more effort into learning a bit of Dutch. I'm shocked to find that there's no proper Dutch noun for strawberry (fruit not popular there?). Closest is combining "Stro+bes = strobes. Disco time!

SS
    Deep in their hearts the British will always becraving forthatillusory Beatles reunion on Trafalgar square, featuring revolutionarybacking vocals from Queen Victoria, Lady Di,the Queen Mum and Maggie Thatcher and tea during the break.

Beforethis Utopian momentdawns theyabide their time by writingmore reviews on the classic albums of the Who and PinkFloyd inmodern Shakespearian English (that isgarnished with numerous f*cks, f*ck*ngs, c*nts, sh*tes, b*ll*cks and similar 'hairy' adjectives)

Dutch noun for strawberry is aardbei.Aard isdutch for earth, bei is not a separateexistingword in Dutch, but onlyused in conjunctionwith aard to form an aardbei.

Its encouraging that a foreigner is willing to pick up our regional language more so since students have to follow their business and accounting studies for the most part inEnglish these days. Within two centuries Dutch language is a historical fact.

Don't think I would bother for learning a different languageif English was my mother tongue, as apart from the economical benefit, it ismore flexible and 'poetic' than any other (at least Western) language. Advantage for you would be thatin time you will be able to understand what the countless Dutch immigrants in Ozzieland have to discuss witheach other in the old folks' home. ;)

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     'Super Testures'
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Fair appriasal of the Britishs' brutish taste in music.:raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao:

Oh, I am never going into an old home. Prefer to die young and leave a handsome corpse behind. Someday, when I'm sick of audiophoolerying and opera, I shall don my Trooper outfit and pop a whole bottle of sleeping pills. Hence I shall float away to that mythical Death Star Station for all eternity.

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     Erik
    Digital Source 1
     MF X-Ray v3
    Integrated Amp
     MF 308 pre/power
    Speakers
     Dyn Contour 1.3SE
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

An original exit it would be. You mighttake a web cam with you to cash in onbroad casting reports of the big trip. Just in case the Station unexpectedly appears to be a Richers Soundbranch. :dude:

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     'Super Testures'
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

the horror...

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Hey foreign motherfuckers, cool it!

My taste in music is the world'sbest so please distance me from typical Englishmen. ;)
    I don't like stuff that sucks.

DAC
     'Stu30' & 7 more
    Integrated Amp
     'Testure,Dana,Strat'
    Speakers
     'Meninblacks'
    Pre Amp
     'BB, Roy & Woxer'
    Power Amp
     'Super Testures'
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Oi! Don't be so explicit. MFians would be better.;)

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     Erik
    Digital Source 1
     MF X-Ray v3
    Integrated Amp
     MF 308 pre/power
    Speakers
     Dyn Contour 1.3SE
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Injector wrote:

My taste in music is the world'sbest so please distance me from typical Englishmen. ;)
    Perhaps we´re just disappointed for not being British ourselves. ;)

Although I don´t mind missing your good taste for The Joshua Tree.

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

SSM wrote:
    Oi! Don't be so explicit. MFians would be better.;)

Aw- "mofos" just for you 'SSM'...

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

ErikFH wrote:
    Injector wrote:

Hey, 20+ years ago I was proud to be British. Not any more, rubbish country.

...and I'm listening to Marillion at the moment!

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     Erik
    Digital Source 1
     MF X-Ray v3
    Integrated Amp
     MF 308 pre/power
    Speakers
     Dyn Contour 1.3SE
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Injector wrote:
    ErikFH wrote:
    Injector wrote:

Hey, 20+ years ago I was proud to be British. Not any more, rubbish country.

...and I'm listening to Marillion at the moment!
    Misplaced Childhood is a cracking record.

Lot of Dutchiesunfortunately feel the same for their country. It ain't without reason that over the last few yearsemmigration numbers have significantly increased.

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Just checking that my linking technique is up to speed.

My quaint old browser won't let me paste (the edit tool is disabled) the selected URL into your nice little box so I have to hand type it which, with a long link, just isn't going to happen.

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Going to try again

LINK

Nah, as soon as the 'add link' box appears the top line including the edit control (cut/paste) stops working.