Audio Emotion  Epiphany Acoustics 
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6257327.stm

So a brand-new 1.6 Ford Focus qualifies as a 'gas guzzler' according to the E.U. and must reduce its emissions by a whole third in order to remain classed as a 'standard' car. Otherwise - yep, you guessed it - increased taxes are coming our way. This stealth taxing under a 'green' banner is absolutely disgusting. If a brand new car is so way-off the emissions target, what hope do three and four year old cars have? Somebody get me out of this madhouse.
    I don't like stuff that sucks.

Post imported post

i aggree everyone should have little economical cars. i only use the berlingo for work we use the bus and train to go out for the day.

we've all had it too good for too long we all have to start to help the planet some way.

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

rudolph hucker wrote:
    i aggree everyone should have little economical cars. i only use the berlingo for work we use the bus and train to go out for the day.

we've all had it too good for too long we all have to start to help the planet some way.
    I understand what you're saying Rudi but it's our money they're after. Nobody is going to stop flying for the sake of an extra tenner on their airfare. Nobody is goingto stop driving a Ford Focus for the sake of an extra £100 (or whatever) road tax. If the powers that be really wanted to help save the planet they'd ban things, not make people pay a tiny bit more for them. Plus, when the US and rest of the world do knack-all to help the environment we're just pissing in the wind.

Wammer

Post imported post

MF X-150 & X-Ray v3 (via IXOS 100.X03)
    2 Merlin Black Widow mains cables
    Castle Richmond 3i (via QED XT 400)

Real Name
     James
    Turn Table
     Acoustic Solid 111
    T/Arm & Cart
     Audio Note / Benz
    SUT/Phono
     Puresound T10/P10
    Digital Source 1
     Leema - Antilla
    Digital Source 2
     SONOS connect
    DAC
     Leema Elements
    Speakers
     Living Voice OBX R2
    Pre Amp
     Modwright SWL 9.0SE
    Power Amp
     Advantage S100
    Headphones
     Bowers & Wilkins P7
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Injector wrote:
    rudolph hucker wrote:

I understand what you're saying Rudi but it's our money they're after. Nobody is going to stop flying for the sake of an extra tenner on their airfare. Nobody is goingto stop driving a Ford Focus for the sake of an extra £100 (or whatever) road tax. If the powers that be really wanted to help save the planet they'd ban things, not make people pay a tiny bit more for them.
    Too bloody right mate.
    Plus, when the US and rest of the world do knack-all to help the environment we're just pissing in the wind.
    Not too bloody right mate. There is no time for such luxuries. We ALL have start right now. If the yanks see the rest of us making sacrifices, perhaps they will start to wake up, if they don;t i say we nuke em.. China will be the biggest issue. We neeed to nuke those fuckers PDQ. Blow em back into the stone age so the rest of us have a chance.

Ok..ok. but we need to make a stand.

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

HiFiWigWam wrote:
    Injector wrote:
    rudolph hucker wrote:

I understand what you're saying Rudi but it's our money they're after. Nobody is going to stop flying for the sake of an extra tenner on their airfare. Nobody is goingto stop driving a Ford Focus for the sake of an extra £100 (or whatever) road tax. If the powers that be really wanted to help save the planet they'd ban things, not make people pay a tiny bit more for them.
    Too bloody right mate.
    Plus, when the US and rest of the world do knack-all to help the environment we're just pissing in the wind.
    Not too bloody right mate. There is no time for such luxuries. We ALL have start right now. If the yanks see the rest of us making sacrifices, perhaps they will start to wake up, if they don;t i say we nuke em.. China will be the biggest issue. We neeed to nuke those fuckers PDQ. Blow em back into the stone age so the rest of us have a chance.

Ok..ok. but we need to make a stand.
    I know, someone has to start the ball rolling. :nerd:I do disagree with this taxing lark though, have they learnt nothing from the sale of cigarettes? People still buy them, even at £5.30 a packet!

Real Name
     James
    Turn Table
     Acoustic Solid 111
    T/Arm & Cart
     Audio Note / Benz
    SUT/Phono
     Puresound T10/P10
    Digital Source 1
     Leema - Antilla
    Digital Source 2
     SONOS connect
    DAC
     Leema Elements
    Speakers
     Living Voice OBX R2
    Pre Amp
     Modwright SWL 9.0SE
    Power Amp
     Advantage S100
    Headphones
     Bowers & Wilkins P7
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

^^ Yep. Tax will not solve the problem. It may help in a small way. At least it has got us talking about the issue. But it's not a long term solution.

Banned
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes

Post imported post

I haven't the slightest doubt that we desperately need to address all sources of pollution, but rabidly disagree with the whole burden being lumped on the consumer: manufactuers have been buying-up and sitting-on alternative technologies for decades: it's high time they were forced to make radical changes - the internal combustion engine is 19th Century technology FFS!

And I'm really pissed-off that we're not driving sleek nuclear-powered intergalactic hover-cars by now, too...

Real Name
     colin
    Turn Table
     Rega P9
    T/Arm & Cart
     RB 1000 Apheta
    SUT/Phono
     ios
    Digital Source 1
     saturn
    Digital Source 2
     squeeze box touch
    Speakers
     spen A6
    Pre Amp
     Rega Cursa
    Power Amp
     Rega Exon
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

So you really think that the 'green' taxes have anything to do with the green part of the phrase then.

Lets see if the eurocrats, and our political leaders drop the beemers,Mercs etc.
    Music is an outburst of the soul

Super Dooper Wammer johnniebaby's Avatar
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Little Pink Thing
    T/Arm & Cart
     Orion Aurelius/1042
    SUT/Phono
     Kinshaw Perception
    Digital Source 1
     Bewitch 8000A
    Digital Source 2
     iTouch/Pro-ject dock
    Integrated Amp
     Ming Da 18 watt SET
    Speakers
     Impulse H6
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Fat chance of that happening, hypocritical bastards.

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different to yours.............................

Wammer

Post imported post

The biggest problem is that the "developing" countries want the same stuff we do, and they will catch up.

Imagine the pollution levels if all those countries do catch up and have at least one car per household.

I believe the "old grey men" have woken up too late, and i cant see an answer to global warming, unless cold fusion or some other way of producing the power needed is developed.

As a father of kids who are now having kids of their own, i am effin terrified for them, and hope they dont despise me for being a member of the generations that have wasted so much.

I feel strongly enough to give up my power guzzling amp for acool running type, and thats going to hurt, i love class A, but i cant justify the waste to heat any longer and will let it go quite soon.

thru.

Wammer

Post imported post

dudywoxer wrote:
    Lets see if the eurocrats, and our political leaders drop the beemers,Mercs etc.
    Easy, look, only travelling with chauffeur-driven cars, helicopters and my Falcon...
    MF X-150 & X-Ray v3 (via IXOS 100.X03)
    2 Merlin Black Widow mains cables
    Castle Richmond 3i (via QED XT 400)