Power Amp
     Quad 909
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Cartridge Advice

Hi all

Rega P3 RB300 Systemdek 11X900 RB250

I am after a cartridge for one of the above turntables and I am looking to you guys for some advice, I have so far been offered the following, which are all low use sub 200hrs and are all similar money , my dilema is I really can't decide.

Ortofon 530mk11 Ortofon M20FL
    Denon DL10 Goldring 1020

Be interested to hear your opinions especially if based on experience of the above with either of the rega arms

Thanks

John

Real Name
     colin
    Turn Table
     Rega P9
    T/Arm & Cart
     RB 1000 Apheta
    SUT/Phono
     ios
    Digital Source 1
     saturn
    Digital Source 2
     squeeze box touch
    Speakers
     spen A6
    Pre Amp
     Rega Cursa
    Power Amp
     Rega Exon
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I can only really comment on the DL110 and goldring. I have always been a little underwhelmed by the Goldrings, I find them a little bit uninvolving and clean sounding. They are dynamic, and quick sounding though. The 110 on the other hand is smoother, has a bigger soundstage, and a really nice way of conveying the tone and timbre of voices and instruments. It really depends what phono stage you will be using the cart with.
    Music is an outburst of the soul

Wammer
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Reg3/systemdek
    Digital Source 1
     Arcam 192
    Speakers
     Mission754f
    Pre Amp
     Croft Micro25 phono
    Power Amp
     Quad 909
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by dudywoxer View Post
    I can only really comment on the DL110 and goldring. I have always been a little underwhelmed by the Goldrings, I find them a little bit uninvolving and clean sounding. They are dynamic, and quick sounding though. The 110 on the other hand is smoother, has a bigger soundstage, and a really nice way of conveying the tone and timbre of voices and instruments. It really depends what phono stage you will be using the cart with.
    Thanks Colin

I'm using a MK1 Dino, so my options are open really, suppose I like good detail retrieval but not to clinical, used to have a K9 which I didn't like,
    got an oldish ATOC5 on my Rega and used to have an ATOC7 which I think are good cartridges, the former has seen better days now and I fancied a change,

John

Real Name
     Nigel
    Turn Table
     GyroSE
    T/Arm & Cart
     Technoarm/Benz Gold
    SUT/Phono
     Rothwell MC1
    Digital Source 1
     Sony DVD
    DAC
     DacMagic
    Speakers
     MA GR20
    Pre Amp
     Cyrus III
    Power Amp
     Cyrus Power + PSX-R
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Ortofon 530 II - used on my Project for many years. Nice, neutral, very straightforward. Doubt you'd have any problems with it. Pretty good stylus shape too. Replacement stylii, including ability to upgrade to the 540 FG70, are still available from William Thakker.

Wammer
    Turn Table
     Michell Focus One
    Digital Source 1
     Marantz CD6002
    Integrated Amp
     Harman Kardon HK670
    Speakers
     Monitor Audio MA7
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I've used the DL110 and found it great, though it's character didn't serve all my musical tastes and I eventually ended up with the more expensive Dynavector 10x5 (which I am duly pleased with). I have heard the Ortofon as fitted to a Project RPM4 which was doing a good job. Not sure about the Goldring as it is a fairly basic model I haven't heard. I will agree with the comment on the K9. I had one, and despite the good reviews it was getting at the time, it just didn't cut it. It's tracking was mediocre, it had a less than clean treble, and failed to reproduce brass and woodwinds convincingly. The DL110/160, which were less than half the price of the K9 left it standing on all counts. I suspect the Ortofon would to.
    It\'s the music that it is there for!