Audio Emotion Purite North  Epiphany Acoustics 
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    spastic hawk ≥ U2 john.stone's Avatar
    Join Date
     Oct 2009
    Posts
     1,617
    Location
     near Glasgow.
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Old
    T/Arm & Cart
     New
    Digital Source 1
     Blew up
    Speakers
     Borrowed
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

    For Sale: Bastani Open baffle speakers, EE Minimax DAC

    Hi, these were bought on here from other Wammers so price is the same as I paid a couple of months ago which seems fair to me given what they are and how new the DAC is. For ease of writing, I've used some of the photos from the original adverts but the speaks and DAC are as they were when I bought them.

    Eastern Electric Minimax Dac



    Looking for 575 posted in it's original box.

    Bastanis

    The cabinets were made professionally by bastanis and purchased from Trans-fi the UK Bastanis dealer fully assembled
    2 x Bass cabs (Bottom Section) 1" Birch ply C/W 12" Bastanis woofers and titan plate amp
    2 x Open Baffle (Top section) 1" Birch Ply C/W Bastanis standard old tweeters plus cannabis rex widebands (not the bastanis wideband)




    more info http://www.trans-fi.com/bastanispeakers.htm

    All in great cosmetic condition and the sound very good indeed - The cost of bits was over 1400

    500 or can deliver in the UK for 550.

  2. #2
    Moderator gjm's Avatar
    Join Date
     Jul 2007
    Posts
     9,248
    Location
     NZ & loving it!
    Real Name
     Graham
    Turn Table
     Transrotor-based DIY
    T/Arm & Cart
     Tabriz Zi, SAE
    SUT/Phono
     Vacuum State JLTi
    Digital Source 1
     PC
    DAC
     Danish
    Speakers
     Impulse/Aspara horns
    Pre Amp
     SAS B11a
    Power Amp
     DIY 2A3 monos
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I'd really really really like to hear the Bastanis and compare them to my Impulse/Asparas...

    Just the small matter of many hundreds of miles is stopping it happening.

    They look very smart and keenly priced. Good luck!
    The best hifi show in the UK today - http://www.thehifishow.com/

  3. #3
    Cthulhu fhtagn! Corruption's Avatar
    Join Date
     Jan 2009
    Posts
     1,258
    Location
     Bristol, UK
    Real Name
     Neil
    Turn Table
     Pro-ject Debut
    SUT/Phono
     Rega Fono mini
    Digital Source 1
     Sony X3000ES
    Speakers
     Totem Arro
    Pre Amp
     Meridian 502
    Power Amp
     Perreaux SX25
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    That DAC looks like the dog's proverbials. Good luck with the sale
    Sony X3000ES / Meridian 502 / Perreaux Silhouette SX-25 / Totem Arros

  4. #4
    Time to stop. lordmortlock's Avatar
    Join Date
     Jun 2009
    Posts
     1,933
    Location
     Stroud
    Real Name
     Jake
    Turn Table
     WB Full Circle
    T/Arm & Cart
     Ortofon MC25fl
    SUT/Phono
     Hagerman Bugle2
    Digital Source 1
     Sonos
    DAC
     Jolida
    Speakers
     LV IBX-R2
    Pre Amp
     First Watt B1
    Power Amp
     300b SET
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Morning - heres a couple of reviews for the EE that might be useful - completely brilliant bit of kit.

    http://www.stereomojo.com/Eastern%20...xDACReview.htm

    http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=798

    http://www.digitalaudioreview.net.au...nimax-tube-dac

  5. #5
    spastic hawk ≥ U2 john.stone's Avatar
    Join Date
     Oct 2009
    Posts
     1,617
    Location
     near Glasgow.
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Old
    T/Arm & Cart
     New
    Digital Source 1
     Blew up
    Speakers
     Borrowed
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by gjm View Post
    I'd really really really like to hear the Bastanis and compare them to my Impulse/Asparas...

    Just the small matter of many hundreds of miles is stopping it happening.

    They look very smart and keenly priced. Good luck!
    550 will get them to your door safely, cash on delivery.

  6. #6
    spastic hawk ≥ U2 john.stone's Avatar
    Join Date
     Oct 2009
    Posts
     1,617
    Location
     near Glasgow.
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Old
    T/Arm & Cart
     New
    Digital Source 1
     Blew up
    Speakers
     Borrowed
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Corruption View Post
    That DAC looks like the dog's proverbials. Good luck with the sale
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    Morning - heres a couple of reviews for the EE that might be useful - completely brilliant bit of kit.

    http://www.stereomojo.com/Eastern%20...xDACReview.htm

    http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=798

    http://www.digitalaudioreview.net.au...nimax-tube-dac
    Thanks for the kind words and the assist with the reviews too, it's much appreciated....

  7. #7
    spastic hawk ≥ U2 john.stone's Avatar
    Join Date
     Oct 2009
    Posts
     1,617
    Location
     near Glasgow.
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Old
    T/Arm & Cart
     New
    Digital Source 1
     Blew up
    Speakers
     Borrowed
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    bump....

  8. #8
    spastic hawk ≥ U2 john.stone's Avatar
    Join Date
     Oct 2009
    Posts
     1,617
    Location
     near Glasgow.
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Old
    T/Arm & Cart
     New
    Digital Source 1
     Blew up
    Speakers
     Borrowed
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Bastanis still for sale, I'm keeping the DAC.
    Might swap them for a turntable....

  9. #9
    Super Wammer
    Join Date
     Oct 2010
    Posts
     107
    Location
     Coulsdon
    Real Name
     Chris Smith
    Turn Table
     Nottingham Analogue
    Digital Source 1
     Wadia 16
    Integrated Amp
     Almarro m/blocks
    Speakers
     Bastanis
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Interested in the Bastanis. Please contact me on pm.smith@o2.co.uk

  10. #10
    Wammer
    Join Date
     Mar 2009
    Posts
     485
    Location
     Near Rugby, Warks
    Real Name
     Jerry
    Digital Source 1
     Ayon CD2
    Integrated Amp
     Chapter Precis
    Speakers
     Ref 3a Dulcet
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by john.stone View Post
    I'm keeping the DAC.
    .
    Why do people do that? You look at all the juicy pictures and get all worked up then are told you can't have it after all! Some girls used to do it in my youth, flash all the lovelies and then deny you. We used to call them prick teasers!
    Anyway, I suppose anyone has the right to change their mind, it's their kit after all, but it seems to be happening a fair bit on here lately. So come on chaps, if you're not sure, don't advertise it!
    I lost a valve amp recently 'cos a guy changed his mind, no names so don't ask, but I was well cheesed off about that!
    I keep hoping for a better day, It;'s a long time comin' but I wait anyway.............
    (Rufus Wainwright 2nd)

  11. #11
    spastic hawk ≥ U2 john.stone's Avatar
    Join Date
     Oct 2009
    Posts
     1,617
    Location
     near Glasgow.
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Old
    T/Arm & Cart
     New
    Digital Source 1
     Blew up
    Speakers
     Borrowed
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by jayatno10 View Post
    Why do people do that? You look at all the juicy pictures and get all worked up then are told you can't have it after all! Some girls used to do it in my youth, flash all the lovelies and then deny you. We used to call them prick teasers!
    I advertised it two weeks ago and never had a sniff of interest in the DAC, I bump the advert and let people know that I've changed my mind about selling it and then someone springs from the shadows voicing a supposed interest. Why do they do that?
    Let me know how you want to pay for it and I'll send you the details. Thanks, John.

  12. #12
    spastic hawk ≥ U2 john.stone's Avatar
    Join Date
     Oct 2009
    Posts
     1,617
    Location
     near Glasgow.
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Old
    T/Arm & Cart
     New
    Digital Source 1
     Blew up
    Speakers
     Borrowed
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgasmatron View Post
    Interested in the Bastanis. Please contact me on pm.smith@o2.co.uk
    Hi Chris, I've emailed the details.

    Regards, John.

  13. #13
    spastic hawk ≥ U2 john.stone's Avatar
    Join Date
     Oct 2009
    Posts
     1,617
    Location
     near Glasgow.
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Old
    T/Arm & Cart
     New
    Digital Source 1
     Blew up
    Speakers
     Borrowed
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by john.stone View Post
    I advertised it two weeks ago and never had a sniff of interest in the DAC, I bump the advert and let people know that I've changed my mind about selling it and then someone springs from the shadows voicing a supposed interest. Why do they do that?
    Let me know how you want to pay for it and I'll send you the details. Thanks, John.
    DAC definitely being kept by me now, Bastanis provisionally sold pending payment.

    Thanks all.

  14. #14
    Super Wammer montesquieu's Avatar
    Join Date
     Mar 2008
    Posts
     4,547
    Location
     Berkshire, UK
    Real Name
     Tom
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Sensible man. Great bit of kit.

  15. #15
    spastic hawk ≥ U2 john.stone's Avatar
    Join Date
     Oct 2009
    Posts
     1,617
    Location
     near Glasgow.
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Old
    T/Arm & Cart
     New
    Digital Source 1
     Blew up
    Speakers
     Borrowed
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Sensible man. Great bit of kit.
    Indeed.

  16. #16
    Super Wammer
    Join Date
     Oct 2010
    Posts
     107
    Location
     Coulsdon
    Real Name
     Chris Smith
    Turn Table
     Nottingham Analogue
    Digital Source 1
     Wadia 16
    Integrated Amp
     Almarro m/blocks
    Speakers
     Bastanis
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    John,
    Can you please confirm that you have received the Paypal payment for Bastanis.
    Have sent various email messages with no reply.
    I will cancel the payment if I haven't heard from you within one hour of this message being posted.

  17. #17
    spastic hawk ≥ U2 john.stone's Avatar
    Join Date
     Oct 2009
    Posts
     1,617
    Location
     near Glasgow.
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Old
    T/Arm & Cart
     New
    Digital Source 1
     Blew up
    Speakers
     Borrowed
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgasmatron View Post
    John,
    Can you please confirm that you have received the Paypal payment for Bastanis.
    Have sent various email messages with no reply.
    I will cancel the payment if I haven't heard from you within one hour of this message being posted.
    Really? I've not been at a computer all day, I'm still out on site and browsing on my phone. Cancel the payment if you like, I'm not keen on your threatening behaviour. In fact, when I get home I'll refund your payment and save you the hassle.

    John.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •