Cairn Fog V2
    Integrated Amp
     Cairn 4808A
    Speakers
     Dali Suite 2.8
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I've been on the road over 30 years and only twice ever come into contact with another vehicle - both were elderly drivers, both were going excessively slowly, both neither looked nor signalled before performing manoeuvres I could not react in time to avoid.

Nappy-soaking old noddies are thick on the ground where I live, and I see such fuckwittery every day - doodling around at 30mph on 60mph roads during rush-hour getting in everyone's way even though they've got all day to get to Kommodes-R-Us and Adult Diaper Warehouse - and I find it perplexing that since they have VAST experience of driving, and cars have got MUCH easier and safer to drive, they respond by going ever-slower and doing ever-more stupid or selfish things...

When I rule the World, the old will be retested regularly every 5 years from 65 - 75, 2 years until 80, then annually until 85 when they will be euthenased. They will also be issued with special red number plates that licence them only to use the roads at off-peak times. Any coffin-dodgers found out and about during peak time will be executed at the roadside and left there as a warning to others.
    yeah, and the auld bastards have the gall to flash their lights at you when you safely overtake them... !!
    this sig is intentionally blank...

Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Michell Ref hyd tran
    T/Arm & Cart
     Sme 309/shure V15III
    SUT/Phono
     yes.
    Digital Source 1
     Consonance ref2.2 II
    Speakers
     Mike Wallis Horns
    Pre Amp
     J.Wood/J.Wood
    Power Amp
     J.Wood/J.Wood/J.Wood
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by rednose66 View Post
    just for some elderly motherfuckingcocksuckingsonofawhore in a Mondeo to scrape the side of the GTV whilst pulling out of the parking next to me today, and then drive off...... I am so livid. I dont normally worry about cars but I love Alfas and this old girl was in decent shape for her years. Not spectacular but just a good honest 10 year old motor. The scrape on the door I could fix by picking up a door from a scrappie. Its the rear flank scrape that makes me so angry. It is pretty deep and you cant get to the back of the panel to fix it due to the double skin. Now every time I look out the door I see the dented panel and I get wound up all over again.

I hope the old fart chokes on his dentures tonight......
    Whenever I park at the suppermarket or some place, I do what my wife call 'KEEP FIT PARKING'.
    I find the loneliest spot in the carpark, miles away from other cars, and the main entrance, so that I don't get dings from mothers and brats.
    But you can bet when I return some leming minded bastard as parked within inches of my car!!! WHY??? the carpark is EMPTY! Just like their heads.

Digital Source 1
     Cairn Fog V2
    Integrated Amp
     Cairn 4808A
    Speakers
     Dali Suite 2.8
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by moggy58 View Post
    Whenever I park at the suppermarket or some place, I do what my wife call 'KEEP FIT PARKING'.
    I find the loneliest spot in the carpark, miles away from other cars, and the main entrance, so that I don't get dings from mothers and brats.
    But you can bet when I return some leming minded bastard as parked within inches of my car!!! WHY??? the carpark is EMPTY! Just like their heads.
    true - but generally it's the ignorant lazy cnuts, mothers and screaming brats, the chelsea tractors and auld biddies that park close to the entrance as possible...I don't mind a bit of a walk myself...
    this sig is intentionally blank...

Wammer
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Sorry to hear of that. I feel your pain!

I had one for a while, a GTV 3.0, lovely motor.

Only had it about 8 months though, spent most of the time in the garage getting electrics sorted etc. Just not reliable enough. Despite that... i'd have another Alfa tomorrow !

Real Name
     Jezzer
    Digital Source 1
     SB Touch
    Digital Source 2
     Audiolab 8200CDQ
    Speakers
     Usher Be-718
    Power Amp
     Bel Canto eVo2 GenII
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I've had two Alfas. The first one (from new) was a complete PITA to own. I still managed to keep it for six years and was sad to see it go. So I bought another one (3 years old) - which broke down within a month and cost me over 2.5k to repair!

Never again!

Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     Townshend Rock.
    T/Arm & Cart
     OL-Rega 300/Denon304
    SUT/Phono
     Hafler DH112
    Digital Source 1
     iMac.
    Digital Source 2
     Sony PS1 Modded alot
    DAC
     MHDT Havana-Sodmod
    Integrated Amp
     Kingrex usb
    Speakers
     Ocellia Calliope .21
    Pre Amp
     Hafler DH101/112 mod
    Power Amp
     Pass F3/Hafler 200md
    Headphones
     Wharfedale Isodynami
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    ..so, it's a Lexus LS400 then? No style, but smooth and reliable. I keep wanting to go back to a Citroen (C6 maybe?) but.....the Lex just is SOOOO good to be in!
    13 years old, 88888 miles; just run in. MOT man goes around underneath muttering, "Beautiful, beautiful"....honestly!
    Tolerance is not a Sapiens characteristic.