DAC
     MF X-24K
    Integrated Amp
     UnisonResearch Unico
    Speakers
     Triangle Celius
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Sorry Dana, completely forgot to reply. May well go to the Wolsley for afternoon tea, and may go to Quo Vadis, but it will all depend on where the Wench / Niblet are up to as they're on something of an elimination diet as he appears to have an intolerance to something. Indian we already have somewhere lined up that I've been to previously (Dishoom in Covent Garden if you've not been, well worth a look).
    "RECYCLE suitably - including facial-hair onto garden." - Chumpy

Real Name
     Dana
    Turn Table
     Technics SL150, SME,
    Digital Source 1
     UR CDE
    Integrated Amp
     UR Performance
    Speakers
     UR Grand Callas
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Good choices, I'm sure you'll enjoy those...
    There's no way I'm going to be the richest person in the graveyard...

Real Name
     Dana
    Turn Table
     Technics SL150, SME,
    Digital Source 1
     UR CDE
    Integrated Amp
     UR Performance
    Speakers
     UR Grand Callas
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Hi All, how's things.... Sorry I've not been on much recently, but I've just returned from an epic travel and unfortunately my laptop isn't really up to serious play, plus the 600ms lag in Oz made it totally useless!

Anyway just got my head round the new updates and the skills things etc, and low(e) and behold, my ugly duckling has turned into a bit of a Tiger...
    Since adding the skills and perks, my Lowe has begun to really shine and I've been getting decent kills on it at long last...

Just to share my set-up is as follows:
    Vent, rammer, spall liner. Bros in arms (all), sixth sense, deadye, off road driving, adrenaline rush - the balance on repairs and cammo..

Wow it's a bit more agile, and I seem to be getting good penetrating shots where previously they'd bounce..

I reckon they'll release the Russki tree updates soon (a year after they were advised) so make sure you've got KV, KV3, and IS4 in your garage to get a free tank..

So how are you all progressing then?

Banhammer Time TheMinimalCriminal's Avatar
    Real Name
     Jon
    Digital Source 1
     PC
    DAC
     MF X-24K
    Integrated Amp
     UnisonResearch Unico
    Speakers
     Triangle Celius
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    On that note, the Wench and Little Bigman are away for a week, so I'll actually have a decent amount of time to play at long last. Only issue is that there's a load of mardy Wammers coming over on Saturday and Sunday.
    "RECYCLE suitably - including facial-hair onto garden." - Chumpy

Real Name
     Stuart
    Digital Source 1
     Laptop
    DAC
     Looking...
    Speakers
     B&W 802D
    Pre Amp
     Ayre K5XE-mp
    Power Amp
     Mark Levinson 433
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Just close the curtains and pretend to be away on holiday...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMinimalCriminal View Post
    On that note, the Wench and Little Bigman are away for a week, so I'll actually have a decent amount of time to play at long last. Only issue is that there's a load of mardy Wammers coming over on Saturday and Sunday.

Real Name
     Dana
    Turn Table
     Technics SL150, SME,
    Digital Source 1
     UR CDE
    Integrated Amp
     UR Performance
    Speakers
     UR Grand Callas
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Well seeing as this Bank Holiday is living up to it's usual standards, if any one fancies platooning up today - please let me know..
    Churz..

Real Name
     Dana
    Turn Table
     Technics SL150, SME,
    Digital Source 1
     UR CDE
    Integrated Amp
     UR Performance
    Speakers
     UR Grand Callas
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Wooohoooo 7.3 is released tomorrow, loads of new tanks especially Russki, and a couple of new maps...

Had a great toon with Griffy this pm, we bagged quite a few tanks and exp between us...

Real Name
     Dana
    Turn Table
     Technics SL150, SME,
    Digital Source 1
     UR CDE
    Integrated Amp
     UR Performance
    Speakers
     UR Grand Callas
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Wow 6 new tanks (or variations of) plus 3 new garage slots, I'm liking the KV-1 and IS8, not seen the new maps yet any good?

Real Name
     Dave
    Turn Table
     Rega Planar 3
    T/Arm & Cart
     RB300 Ortofon 2MBlue
    SUT/Phono
     Pro-Ject Phonobox II
    Digital Source 1
     Naim ND5 XS
    Digital Source 2
     SBT + sexy psu
    DAC
     Jolida FX DAC III
    Integrated Amp
     Mini-T/Sugden A48II
    Speakers
     Focal, Goodmans.
    Pre Amp
     Densen B200
    Power Amp
     PS Audio Trio
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Had a little diddle earlier, not seen the new maps yet, but bought a Hummel
    Nothing in fine print is ever good news

Real Name
     Dana
    Turn Table
     Technics SL150, SME,
    Digital Source 1
     UR CDE
    Integrated Amp
     UR Performance
    Speakers
     UR Grand Callas
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Nice tank..

Have you seen the bonus code freebie?

Wammer
    Real Name
     Mike
    Digital Source 1
     Meridian MC200: FLAC
    Digital Source 2
     Pioneer BDP140: SACD
    DAC
     Meridian HD621
    Speakers
     Impulse Ta'us
    Pre Amp
     Meridian 861v4
    Power Amp
     Bel Canto Evo2
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Was a busy evening for myself last night, especially as I was trying to take advantage of the x5 XP bonus for all of my tanks.

Got the new ones. Views so far:
    - The IS4 didn't feel dramatically different, but did have a repair cost of 28k credits, which I'm simply unwilling to live with. Sold
    - KV3. Hated it before and it's not dramatically different post. If anything, it's more likely to be in higher tiered games. Sold
    - T150. Drove like the KV3. Sold

- The IS8. Feels like an IS3, but with an even better gun. I like it. That received the crew from my IS4.
    - KV2. Unsure so far, will be thinking about this one
    - KV1. With no option for the big guns, had a think about what I fancy using and put the 57mm on it for a laugh. It was a laugh. Massive ROF and good accuracy. Sure the damage and penetration isn't great, but it's only going to be used against mostly lower tier tanks and it was a lot of fun as a result. For one thing, keep blazing away at a target and you're got a reasonable chance to track/damage a whole bunch of lowly armoured targets (including most of the Frog tanks)

Result of the above was +4.5 million credits into my funds.
    Promptly spent 1.5 mill on a Tiger and Panther, both of which are on half price sales. Tonight I'll be looking at buying a bunch of consumables and additional kit for my vehicles.

I did end up fighting on both of the new maps during the evening. Neither really stood out.

I'm very much coming to a conclusion that I believe S2K put on here a few weeks back, i.e. that T9 and T10 gaming is generally a bit pointless. The tanks are expensive to run and from what I've experienced, seem to be the target for a lot of the gold ammo out there. So whilst I have the Object704 and T54 researched, I'm not convinced I'll bother. Might just stick with vehicles upto Tier 8, with the potential exception of the IS8, which I'm thinking about.

Real Name
     Dana
    Turn Table
     Technics SL150, SME,
    Digital Source 1
     UR CDE
    Integrated Amp
     UR Performance
    Speakers
     UR Grand Callas
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sukebe View Post
    Was a busy evening for myself last night, especially as I was trying to take advantage of the x5 XP bonus for all of my tanks.

Got the new ones. Views so far:
    - The IS4 didn't feel dramatically different, but did have a repair cost of 28k credits, which I'm simply unwilling to live with. Sold
    - KV3. Hated it before and it's not dramatically different post. If anything, it's more likely to be in higher tiered games. Sold
    - T150. Drove like the KV3. Sold

- The IS8. Feels like an IS3, but with an even better gun. I like it. That received the crew from my IS4.
    - KV2. Unsure so far, will be thinking about this one
    - KV1. With no option for the big guns, had a think about what I fancy using and put the 57mm on it for a laugh. It was a laugh. Massive ROF and good accuracy. Sure the damage and penetration isn't great, but it's only going to be used against mostly lower tier tanks and it was a lot of fun as a result. For one thing, keep blazing away at a target and you're got a reasonable chance to track/damage a whole bunch of lowly armoured targets (including most of the Frog tanks)

Result of the above was +4.5 million credits into my funds.
    Promptly spent 1.5 mill on a Tiger and Panther, both of which are on half price sales. Tonight I'll be looking at buying a bunch of consumables and additional kit for my vehicles.

I did end up fighting on both of the new maps during the evening. Neither really stood out.

I'm very much coming to a conclusion that I believe S2K put on here a few weeks back, i.e. that T9 and T10 gaming is generally a bit pointless. The tanks are expensive to run and from what I've experienced, seem to be the target for a lot of the gold ammo out there. So whilst I have the Object704 and T54 researched, I'm not convinced I'll bother. Might just stick with vehicles upto Tier 8, with the potential exception of the IS8, which I'm thinking about.
    Yes tend to agree with you Mike, I've got the same selection and after a few days play, I think the KV1 and T150 are the best of the bunch... In reality the IS4 and it's replacement have both been nerfed, the IS8 is a bit like a 4 'lite', with thin armour, and the IS4 takes a couple more hits now, but it's cannon fodder for everything else and gets shot up easily for a T10 vehicle...

Just musing which line to follow next, as I'm fed up with the French heavy line..

Oh and the KV3 is really awful now!

Wammer
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Brief summary:

KV-3 is still overpowered for it's tier, comedy gold.

IS-8 is awesome, play it like a medium and it just owns, 7/8 kills is not uncommon.

IS-4 isn't what it was, at tier 9 it was a OP, at tier 10 with these new high penetration guns it's as useless as the Maus/E-100.

Sold the KV junk and it's variants, only had them first time around for the free tanks to sell in this patch.

By all accounts the ST-1 is the best of the new Russian line up, US style gun depression with plenty of armour and a good gun, can't wait to try it.

The M103 and T110 are the pick of the bunch for me at the minute, great tanks.
    Shoe bombers! Increase your payload by becoming a clown.

Real Name
     Dana
    Turn Table
     Technics SL150, SME,
    Digital Source 1
     UR CDE
    Integrated Amp
     UR Performance
    Speakers
     UR Grand Callas
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Woohooo!!

The Brits are coming....

http://worldoftanks.eu/news/2559-bri...ks-are-coming/

Though the tech tree and tanks announced dont match up lol..

Real Name
     Richard
    Turn Table
     Ibanez
    T/Arm & Cart
     DiMarzio
    SUT/Phono
     EH Big Muff
    Integrated Amp
     Engl
    Speakers
     Celestion
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Real Name
     Dana
    Turn Table
     Technics SL150, SME,
    Digital Source 1
     UR CDE
    Integrated Amp
     UR Performance
    Speakers
     UR Grand Callas
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Now you know what the T54 turned into..

Wammer
    Real Name
     Mike
    Digital Source 1
     Meridian MC200: FLAC
    Digital Source 2
     Pioneer BDP140: SACD
    DAC
     Meridian HD621
    Speakers
     Impulse Ta'us
    Pre Amp
     Meridian 861v4
    Power Amp
     Bel Canto Evo2
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Ended up having to rationalise a little over the weekend, just too many tanks demanding attention.
    Sold:
    - IS8. Just didn't really inspire me, rubbish hull armour, expensive to repair and usually the first thing to get shot at, as everyone knows how dangerous the gun is and how easy it is to damage
    - AMX13/90. Just had enough of first hit by anything on the map resulting in being tracked, then promptly blown to pieces. Just not that much fun having to hide quite so much
    - KV2. Unispiring.

So that leaves me with:
    Ruski:
    - IS3 as top dog. I've researched upto and including the IS7, T54 and Object 704. Just can't bring myself to want to try to run a T9 or 10 tank. So, the IS3 is my top vehicle at the moment. I love it. Ace combination of punch, armour and speed
    - ISU152 with BL10 and Su85. These are pretty much the same tank, but at different tiers. Both have monster guns for their tier, and neither have armour or HPs. Once you're spotted, you're a dead man. Making up for that, I've had games in the ISU where I've handed out over 8000 damage. Played well, it's a monster
    - T44. About as much fun as you can have in the game. Enough armour to protect against lower tier stuff (e.g. it'll bounce shots on the front from an AMX13/75 all day long, as one poor sucker found out). It's fast and can happily get into positions behind enemy tanks
    - KV1. Who needs the 107mm? Having a wail of a time with the 57mm. MM usually puts it in against lower tier stuff, against which the 57mm has more than enough punch, linked to a bonkers rate of fire and good accuracy.

Frog:
    - Lorry and AMX 13/75. MM kills the AMX, only keeping it now because I've run out of barracks room for crew. The Lorry is very much an acquired taste. Go anywhere near combat in the first few mins and it's toast. I've found that it makes a great sniper/defender for the mid-game. It's speed allows it to jump all over small numbers of attackers who are trying to break through and it's got enough punch to finish most

German. Only started more recently, glad I did:
    - Pz3/4. Just crap. Hateful. Will only be around long enough to elite it, research the Hummel and will then use the crew on a new tank
    - Pz4. Pretty good tank, but I've had lousy MM and luck with this. My win ratio is something like 18% lower than the rest of my German tanks
    - Vk3601. Nothing special, just a good solid "do everything" med at T6. IMO, better than the T34 and enough to scare some higher tier tanks. Took out an IS3 driven by a mug last night
    - Panther. Laser accurate 75mm gun that doesn't do much damage, but has awesome accuracy and better Pen than any other T7 med I can think of. Catch something in the open, and it's usually a dead enemy as you can simply keep pooring rounds into them (as a T29, IS and KV found out last night)
    - Tiger. Sure, the armour is pretty cheese like, and the top speed is low, but beyond that, what a fun tank. Good acceleration and a great weapon for it's tier (again, better pen and ROF than say the IS, but worse damage). Now fully upgraded, getting quite a lot of kills

Overall, having more fun since the 7.3 update and having sold so many tanks, have something like 7 mill in the bank. I'm planning on the KingTiger as next target and will probably also go down the Brit line.

Real Name
     David
    Turn Table
     Michell Syncro
    T/Arm & Cart
     Ortofon 2M Red
    Digital Source 1
     Audio Note CD-T Zero
    Digital Source 2
     SBT
    DAC
     B-dac
    Speakers
     ML Aerius
    Pre Amp
     MF A3
    Power Amp
     MF XA-50
    Headphones
     Sennheiser HD-600
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    That Tiger is getting me down now - only one upgrade left and the cost to repair is killing me.

Too slow, and poor armour, but no quick way up the tree. Keep grinding onwards I guess.

Anyone found a way to make the Tiger fun?
    -----------------------------------------
    ‎"I put up my thumb ... and my thumb blotted out Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small." Neil Armstrong, Hero.

Real Name
     Matt
    Digital Source 1
     Modified CA Dacmagic
    Integrated Amp
     Modified Onix OA21
    Speakers
     DIY
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I didn't like the Tiger to start with but it does get better.

My favourite tank is the PZ4 followed by the T-34. The super fast gun on the T-34 can be a right laugh.

I'm up to the Tiger 2 on the German line. Just need a bit more XP and I can then get the top gun for it.

Real Name
     Dana
    Turn Table
     Technics SL150, SME,
    Digital Source 1
     UR CDE
    Integrated Amp
     UR Performance
    Speakers
     UR Grand Callas
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpty was pushed View Post
    That Tiger is getting me down now - only one upgrade left and the cost to repair is killing me.

Too slow, and poor armour, but no quick way up the tree. Keep grinding onwards I guess.

Anyone found a way to make the Tiger fun?
    Yes sell it, Tiger 2 is so much fun by comparison...

Good summation of where you're up to Mike, I'm pretty much in the same boat but went up the French heavy tree, it's just no fun at all...

You've got to play the IS8 as a medium, allbeit a slow one...

I'll post more later