DAC
     Best of ....
    Integrated Amp
     Oui
    Speakers
     Gee yes
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Samsung 37" LCD working fine and still a super picture after 4 years.
    Also had a Samsung MP3 player, several mobiles and portable HD.
    Never a moments problems.
    The only problem I've ever had with a TV was a Philips.
    Go placidly amid the noise and the haste and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    Avoid loud and aggressive persons. They are vexations to the spirit.
    Desiderata

Real Name
     robin
    Turn Table
     voyd valdi
    T/Arm & Cart
     a/n arm 3 a/n iq3
    SUT/Phono
     SJS
    Digital Source 1
     meridian 500
    Digital Source 2
     moon equinox
    DAC
     chord 64mk2
    Integrated Amp
     cary cad 300bsei
    Speakers
     audio note e
    Pre Amp
     VDH-array a1
    Power Amp
     radford sta 15
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    spoke to soon, it wont play blue rays , plays dvds fine but just spits bluerays out, gonna try resetting it ect,but im truely getting pissed off with it
    django pre leak st 20 tannoy 15" MG s

Real Name
     Teddy Ray
    Turn Table
     Rebuilt LAB 500
    T/Arm & Cart
     SHURE M3D
    SUT/Phono
     Custom Built Valve
    Digital Source 1
     Squeezebox Touch
    DAC
     Forssell MDAC-2
    Integrated Amp
     MasterSound/Bryston
    Speakers
     K&H 0300D
    Pre Amp
     In my DAC
    Power Amp
     In my Speakers.
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Had loads of samsungs through the years. never a single problem. and my samsung phone kicks ass. them, toshiba and sony for me

of course my grandaddys Zenith from the early 70s is still going strong.
    Be just and if you can't be just, be arbitrary- William S. Burroughs

Real Name
     Aardvark
    Turn Table
     in
    Digital Source 1
     a box
    Integrated Amp
     in
    Speakers
     someone's
    Power Amp
     loft
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    My Samsung plasma from John Lewis has a fab picture 50 inch screen 5 year warranty and was delivered all for £499 pounds, they were price matching at the time,

It's 2 and a half years old now and I have noticed a few red freckles in the right of the screen on power up so something is afoot but it's fine after 30 secs or so.
    The 5 year warranty is essential on televisions IMHO and I'll get the fault rectified when it becomes a problem
    "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you've measured the wrong thing."

Real Name
     Richard
    Turn Table
     Well (Bad) Tempered
    T/Arm & Cart
     WT / Dynavector XX2
    SUT/Phono
     Kairsound SUT
    Digital Source 1
     Marantz transport
    Digital Source 2
     Squeezebox
    DAC
     Audiosector NOS
    Integrated Amp
     In the workshop
    Speakers
     Living Voice
    Pre Amp
     Gordon Welford
    Power Amp
     845 nutter
    Headphones
     Nah
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    All down to personal experience I suppose.

We had a Panny plasma that went tits up after a couple of years. Was (after some dispute) fixed under warranty, but never had the same pic quality as when new. I would never buy another after that experience, as it was really serious money new.

Currently, we have a big Samsung in the main AV system, a 32" Samsung in the kitchen, a 32" Samsung in our bedroom and a 22" Samsung in the spare bedroom. We also have a Samsung DVD player that came as a package with the big TV. The oldest is now coming up for 6 years. All have worked faultlessly and all were fantastic value compared to the alternatives at the time of purchase. I have no doubt that picture quality is better with some of the serious plasma screens, but TV is a fun thing to watch when cooking or before sleep, and the big one gets some AV use for music videos and the kids watching films. Sound quality is what floats my boat, hence the main system. Even in the AV system, the sound setup is far more important to me than the picture.

Frankly, I want inky blacks, perfect harmonics and minimal distortion from the listening system. For the TV, as long as people don't look purple, I couldn't give a toss. Let's face it, 99.99999% of what's on the thing is total garbage anyway.

I bought the TV for our bedroom last week, to replace a dead 18" job. 32" Samsung, £229. Alternatives were enough to hurt, and as it's used to watch QI in bed on Dave, I couldn't give a toss about a 2% difference in picture quality...
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.

Real Name
     robin
    Turn Table
     voyd valdi
    T/Arm & Cart
     a/n arm 3 a/n iq3
    SUT/Phono
     SJS
    Digital Source 1
     meridian 500
    Digital Source 2
     moon equinox
    DAC
     chord 64mk2
    Integrated Amp
     cary cad 300bsei
    Speakers
     audio note e
    Pre Amp
     VDH-array a1
    Power Amp
     radford sta 15
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    i now have a third machine, plus £50 back from currys as they have dropped the price since i bought the first one- this one seems ok, but dont want to speak too soon
    django pre leak st 20 tannoy 15" MG s

Super Dooper Wammer johnniebaby's Avatar
    Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Little Pink Thing
    T/Arm & Cart
     Orion Aurelius/1042
    SUT/Phono
     Kinshaw Perception
    Digital Source 1
     Bewitch 8000A
    Digital Source 2
     iTouch/Pro-ject dock
    Integrated Amp
     Ming Da 18 watt SET
    Speakers
     Impulse H6
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by rabski View Post
    I bought the TV for our bedroom last week, to replace a dead 18" job. 32" Samsung, £229. Alternatives were enough to hurt, and as it's used to watch QI in bed on Dave, I couldn't give a toss about a 2% difference in picture quality...
    Bloody hell that's cheap 7 years ago I paid £835 for my 32" Samsung (which incidentally is still working perfectly)

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different to yours.............................

Registered
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    You sound like you have been really unlucky. Definitely covered by sales of good act and they should honour it. Have a Samsung blu ray player and tablet and no issues with either.

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by rabski View Post
    All down to personal experience I suppose.

We had a Panny plasma that went tits up after a couple of years. Was (after some dispute) fixed under warranty, but never had the same pic quality as when new. I would never buy another after that experience, as it was really serious money new.

Currently, we have a big Samsung in the main AV system, a 32" Samsung in the kitchen, a 32" Samsung in our bedroom and a 22" Samsung in the spare bedroom. We also have a Samsung DVD player that came as a package with the big TV. The oldest is now coming up for 6 years. All have worked faultlessly and all were fantastic value compared to the alternatives at the time of purchase. I have no doubt that picture quality is better with some of the serious plasma screens, but TV is a fun thing to watch when cooking or before sleep, and the big one gets some AV use for music videos and the kids watching films. Sound quality is what floats my boat, hence the main system. Even in the AV system, the sound setup is far more important to me than the picture.

Frankly, I want inky blacks, perfect harmonics and minimal distortion from the listening system. For the TV, as long as people don't look purple, I couldn't give a toss. Let's face it, 99.99999% of what's on the thing is total garbage anyway.

Wowsers, 4 big tellys in the household, and you reckon 0.00001% of whats on em is shit. ??

I'm struggling to see the logic..
    BORED FUCKING SHITLESS !!!