rotel 970bx
    Integrated Amp
     dpa32r/ESlab sx80
    Speakers
     platinum duo,s
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    You can pick up a TEAC VRDS for a reasonable price and they are very good transports indeed and not too shoddy as stand-alone CDP's either.

Biggest bang for buck I have heard is for the Rotel RCD-965BX, early 90's player that for the less than 50 that it will cost you I don't think you will beat. Quite a lot of detail, smooth and very musical, if a touch warm sounding. Still serviceable, Cracking player IMHO.
    im using an old rotel 970bx i have had this for yrs and with the exception of a naim cdx(promise myself another one of these when money allows )it has seen off creek /tag mclaren /audiolab/arcam/marantz

Banned
    Turn Table
     Logic DM101
    T/Arm & Cart
     Logic Datum 11,
    Integrated Amp
     Marantz KI
    Speakers
     Yamaha NS670
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Perhaps an SACD player? Pioneer do SACD / blueray players for a few hundred quid and they are said to be good.

Real Name
     Tony
    Digital Source 1
     Sony CDP-715E
    Digital Source 2
     Squeezebox Classic
    Speakers
     Dynaudio Audience 42
    Pre Amp
     Audiolab 8000C
    Power Amp
     Audiolab 8000P
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I own a Sony CDP-715E that I bought on eBay for 20. Cracking player which I prefer to the Marantz CD63KIS. There is a lot of good old players around and for me it's the only way to go. As said before consider the high end dvd players that have been put on the scrapheap for Blu-ray.

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    50-100 in the classfieds here on Epay. You can buy some very nice old CDPs (Sony ES) or DVDPs (Sony, Toshiba). Id certianly not spend more, you then have funds to imprtove speakers and amps dowen the line, in the scheme of things digital players are generally all pretty competent to my ears.
    Linn LP12~Denon DVD-2900~Marantz PS17~Dynaudio Contour 1.3 MkII|Sony BDP-S760~Sony MDS-JB930QS~Sony SDP-EP90ES~Sony TA-N55ES~Wharfedale 306|Sony CDP-X3000ES~Sony ST-S3000ES~Sony TA-VA777ES~Diapason Emera

Real Name
     Charlie
    Turn Table
     BLACK LP12-Pro-Ject
    Digital Source 1
     Naim CD5i-CD7300
    Integrated Amp
     Naim5i-PM7200
    Speakers
     CV V15F-Kans
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Unless you particularly for whatever reasons want an old CDP for 'nostalgia' causes, I advise buying the new one warrantied that you want/will love despite its being CD. I have bought-still enjoy 3 old CDPs replicating what I used to have from mid 1980s, and of all of the 10+ other stand-alone CDPs (+ about 20 others in music-centres-PCs), only a Kenwood 7090 failed after 7 years-a LG external CDRW failed after 2.0001 years.
    'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind' (or pocket)...