Pre Amp
     Peter Sanhen SP1.5
    Power Amp
     (in the speakers)
    Headphones
     Philips Fidelio
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

IC: Roksan Darius - Black Ash, square cage stands crossovers, electrofluidics cable

My mint pair of black Darius might be up for sale, I vowed I wouldnt sell these but due to some sudden severe financial strain I need the funds. These took a bit of finding, and a pilgrimage from Bolton to Grays Essex! I managed to source an original NOS tweeter to replace one which I then had soldered on by a pro. These have a pair of black box crossovers full of hi spec candy (Roksan didnt skimp), electrofluidics monolith 1.5m crossover cables and the highly sought after square section stands, plus original mint black grilles.

These were lightly used by the previous owner and spent a lot of time boxed up.

I don't need to whittle on about just how good this design is, but I'd like back only my investment on these which is 650 in total. I'd sell these on the proviso if ever they come up for sale again I'd get first dibs. I suspect on an auction site to the right bidder as these are the optimum Darius combo theyd raise more than I'm asking so the price is firm. I won't sell the electrofluidics separately as its a great crossover cable that opens up the mid range. Listen to the bass on these, its not light with a good solid state at the back of it, but detailed, not thumpity thump so perfect for apartment dwellers like myself or someone that just likes music not noise. Some details in music genuinely take you by surprise with realism!

These are as close to a new new pair condition wise as you'd ever get and very very rare in this nick, possibly the best examples in the country - and yes I can say that!. These big stand mounts produce a lovely open, natural sound and some of the best speakers I've ever owned - and thats a lot. Theres something quite addictive about the sound. (Come and have a listen) Chances of getting another pair like this are essentially nil.

In the mid 1980's these were over 2000 (some say more) and a reference speaker designed to test in-house tweeks on the Roksan Xerxes turntable, and Touraj was encouraged to take his design into production, there arent a huge amount of these about as production ceased due to the fact they are a technical thing to build for commercial production. This wasn't a consideration in the original design! These should go for a lot more than they do, but I think a combination of people that 1. don't think Roksan has the right badge for a speaker and that 2. don't get the looks, are clearly missing out as if you read about the sheer amount of meticulous thought that went into this idiosyncratic design you soon realise that form follows function. Buyer collects from Bolton as the stands are a precision bitch to assemble, if you have a large hatchback or estate you'll be fine. Anyone that sees how much you get for your money here will be very pleased!

Couple of skinny boards thrown in which makes adjustment of speaker and frames a breeze.

Swaps with cash my way also considered.
    Last edited by SMEagol; 19-01-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    "Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it."
    - Mark Hollis (1998)

Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     Oxford Crystal Ref.
    T/Arm & Cart
     Helius/Koetsu
    SUT/Phono
     Trilogy 907
    Digital Source 1
     Wadipod
    Digital Source 2
     Macbook
    DAC
     DuncDAC /A Synthesis
    Speakers
     Klark Jade 1's
    Pre Amp
     Peter Sanhen SP1.5
    Power Amp
     (in the speakers)
    Headphones
     Philips Fidelio
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    bump.
    "Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it."
    - Mark Hollis (1998)

Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     Oxford Crystal Ref.
    T/Arm & Cart
     Helius/Koetsu
    SUT/Phono
     Trilogy 907
    Digital Source 1
     Wadipod
    Digital Source 2
     Macbook
    DAC
     DuncDAC /A Synthesis
    Speakers
     Klark Jade 1's
    Pre Amp
     Peter Sanhen SP1.5
    Power Amp
     (in the speakers)
    Headphones
     Philips Fidelio
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Sold for 6500 to a Wammer that wanted to pay over the odds. Only joking, sale withdrawn. I'll manage somehow!
    Last edited by SMEagol; 20-01-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    - Mark Hollis (1998)

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     James
    Digital Source 1
     WaveIO
    Digital Source 2
     Pure i20
    DAC
     DIY ES9023
    Integrated Amp
     Campion
    Speakers
     Troels W15+OW1
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Good man.

Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     Oxford Crystal Ref.
    T/Arm & Cart
     Helius/Koetsu
    SUT/Phono
     Trilogy 907
    Digital Source 1
     Wadipod
    Digital Source 2
     Macbook
    DAC
     DuncDAC /A Synthesis
    Speakers
     Klark Jade 1's
    Pre Amp
     Peter Sanhen SP1.5
    Power Amp
     (in the speakers)
    Headphones
     Philips Fidelio
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Thanks James, they are too nice to sell particularly after I put so much energy into getting the perfect pair of Darius.

Part of the journey with hifi is the fact that you know the story when you look at a bit of kit particularly if there were bits missing or it wasn't working and brought it back to life, restored it or you had to travel bloody miles!, which makes it emotionally harder to sell!
    - Mark Hollis (1998)

Real Name
     Trefor
    Turn Table
    T/Arm & Cart
     hadcock, Decca Sc4e
    SUT/Phono
     integrated
    Digital Source 1
     Lector 6
    Speakers
     Klipsch La Scala
    Pre Amp
     Croft Mega Micro,mod
    Power Amp
     Graaf Otl
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Also glad to see you came to your senses, I've only got the one with the single crossover pair and they are keepers.Plus the fact they are so undervalued.One of the best I've heard in my life
    Just a question do electrofludics make special crosover, or is it speaker cable.

Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     Oxford Crystal Ref.
    T/Arm & Cart
     Helius/Koetsu
    SUT/Phono
     Trilogy 907
    Digital Source 1
     Wadipod
    Digital Source 2
     Macbook
    DAC
     DuncDAC /A Synthesis
    Speakers
     Klark Jade 1's
    Pre Amp
     Peter Sanhen SP1.5
    Power Amp
     (in the speakers)
    Headphones
     Philips Fidelio
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Its a speaker cable the monolith 20/20 LV owners use it too. They are one of the great sounding speakers, I'm a huge fan and it seemed a shame to sell a piece of history for buttons Trefor and thanks. Need a little driving, but worth it. Massively undervalued, in total agreement.
    Last edited by SMEagol; 20-01-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    - Mark Hollis (1998)