Full details of test and background at http://www.Auricles.com/new_page_41.htm
Start date of test - 29/10/2005
Test package contents :
- One ordinary kettle lead labelled "D"
- 3 masked mains cables randomly labelled A,B and C which include an ordinary kettle lead, an aftermarket mains lead and one of my own designs of mains lead built on widely accepted principles of construction of audiophile mains leads
- Test CD with 5 different tracks of music of different genre
- Folder containing test instructions, volunteer list and order of posting and a sample test form
- Folder containing surplus test forms for rough use
What to do on recieving the parcel ?
- Check contents
- Check integrity of masking
- Contact next recipient by PM and acquire address for postage(alternatively you can contact me)
- Proceed with test(sorry no time for drooling over the cables or the great job at masking)
Play test CD on your existing system - familiarise with the music, sort out optimal volume etc for the various tracks
Plug lead "D" - familiarise yourself with the character of this lead and then try out the other leads with the aim being to find out which of the three masked leads resembled the unmasked kettle lead in character.
The second part of the test is to identify the best of the lot and grade the cables if possible - The form is self explanatory, do not answer any more than requested.
Keep responses simple and unambigous.
You are recommended to use the test CD only atleast to start off with, however you may use your own preferred music to arrive at the conclusion.
If other members in the household wish to take part - most welcome , but fill out another form on their behalf as well.
Date and your name to be put at the top of the form - this will remain confidential
On completion of test post the package onto the next via courier or convenient secure/insured method. Do the checklist before sealing the parcel.
While you are waiting to post you can play the lead of your choice to your hearts content or even compare it with any other mains leads you possess.
Record this info for discussion later but not on the test form.
Forms can be posted to me or downloaded from here and mailed to me after completion on microsoft word.Keep a copy with you for discussion purposes later.
Do not discuss your findings on the forums in any way that might impart bias to the next tester. If in doubt do not discuss it.
Other aspects of the test may ofcourse be discussed.
you are welcome to PM me if in doubt about anything.
Once the last tester ? Still tones has completed his test,he will unmask the identity of the cables. This keeps me the datacollector out of the process hence avoiding bias.
More volunteers can continue to enroll until the last tester has recieved the cables.
Here is a link to the form for download