Epiphany Acoustics Evolution Audio  Audio Emotion 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106
  1. #81
    Wammer
    Join Date
     May 2009
    Posts
     1,371
    Location
     United Kingdom
    Real Name
     Bill
    Turn Table
     VPI Classic 2
    T/Arm & Cart
     10.5i / Benz LP-S
    SUT/Phono
     BMC MCCI
    Digital Source 1
     PC jriver
    Digital Source 2
     OPPO 105d
    Speakers
     Focal Maestro Utopia
    Pre Amp
     Audio Research Ref 3
    Power Amp
     Krell 750mcx's
    Headphones
     HD650s and Monsters
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by keirik View Post
    That would be good, I never got chance to talk to them, although I was impressed with the gear and the sound hey were producing
    I can't be bothered to type every single item, but here is a sample:
    http://www.analoguealchemy.com/all-models.html

    Julie stage 1 £1395
    Julie stage 2 £1895
    Julie stage 3 £2495

    Ella stage 1 £1495
    Ella stage 2 £1995
    Ella stage 3 £2595

    Norah stage 1 £1675
    Norah stage 2 £2575
    Norah stage 3 £3495

    Gloria stage 1 £1775
    Gloria stage 2 £2795
    Gloria stage 3 £3875

    Natalie stage 1 £2250
    Natalie stage 2 £3575
    Natalie stage 3 £4975

    Speakers £19,950

  2. #82
    keirik
    Guest
    wow, that is incredibl;y cheap given the quality of those things, looks like a trip to Harrow might be in order!

  3. #83
    Wammer
    Join Date
     May 2009
    Posts
     1,371
    Location
     United Kingdom
    Real Name
     Bill
    Turn Table
     VPI Classic 2
    T/Arm & Cart
     10.5i / Benz LP-S
    SUT/Phono
     BMC MCCI
    Digital Source 1
     PC jriver
    Digital Source 2
     OPPO 105d
    Speakers
     Focal Maestro Utopia
    Pre Amp
     Audio Research Ref 3
    Power Amp
     Krell 750mcx's
    Headphones
     HD650s and Monsters
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by keirik View Post
    wow, that is incredibl;y cheap given the quality of those things, looks like a trip to Harrow might be in order!
    That is what I thought and many others I was chatting too.

  4. #84
    In the trade Wammer FidelityArt's Avatar
    Join Date
     Dec 2011
    Posts
     151
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    FidelityArt's Saturday demo: BodnarAudio loudspeakers and PAB Anti-vibration Accessories

  5. #85
    In the trade Wammer FidelityArt's Avatar
    Join Date
     Dec 2011
    Posts
     151
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    FidelityArt's Sunday demo: Akkus V3 loudspeakers and PAB Anti-vibration Accessories

    Youtube quick coverage:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQtM9Bmw3i8&feature=youtu.be

  6. #86
    keirik
    Guest
    I'm disappointed not to be in those shots since I went back in there at least half a dozen times, those Bodnars sounded the dogs...

  7. #87
    In the trade Wammer BobC's Avatar
    Join Date
     Feb 2010
    Posts
     11,138
    Location
     Cumbria, The North,
    Real Name
     Usually guilty
    Turn Table
     Garrard 301
    T/Arm & Cart
     SME M2-12
    SUT/Phono
     Hashimoto/SJS phono
    Digital Source 1
     0101100101
    Digital Source 2
     Nag MP500
    DAC
     supex d900 mkII
    Integrated Amp
     N.A.F. 300b Supreme
    Speakers
     CoCo's fave KEFs
    Pre Amp
     SJS 1.5 Special
    Power Amp
     Airtight 211 MBs
    Headphones
     Dr Dre da Beats
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by keirik View Post
    wow, that is incredibl;y cheap given the quality of those things, looks like a trip to Harrow might be in order!
    Looking at their web page and some of the English used in the TT description i would hazzard a gues that the components are made abroad (China?) and the units assembled in the UK...Look good vfm, but would like to see a review or two of these. Could be a good TT in that lot
    ITEMS FOR SALE

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
     Dec 2008
    Posts
     451
    Location
     Dover, , United King
    Real Name
     Pete
    Turn Table
     PT Anniversary Batt
    T/Arm & Cart
     Adiomods 5 ZYX Fuji
    SUT/Phono
     NVA Phono2 + PSU
    Digital Source 1
     Not got one!
    Speakers
     NVA Cube 1
    Pre Amp
     NVA P90sa
    Power Amp
     NVA A80s / A60
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    The guys themselves are Russian, or something similar, but the stuff is all made here apparently.

  9. #89
    Down And Out mighty ant's Avatar
    Join Date
     Oct 2006
    Posts
     1,297
    Location
     London, England
    Real Name
     Anthony
    Turn Table
     turns
    Digital Source 1
     spins
    Integrated Amp
     hot
    Speakers
     electrify
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I believe that they have had these t/ts made here for the last 4 years and sold them abroad. The guy I spoke to was Russian and told me that they were having Central London premises in the very near future, but they were still going over the fine print, so he couldn't say where or when exactly.

    They do look rather lovely, though, and by today's standards they are cheap in price.
    "He who increases knowledge increases sorrow" Live in ignorance and be happy.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
     Nov 2010
    Posts
     51
    Location
     Isle of Wight
    Real Name
     David Hart
    Turn Table
     SL1000
    T/Arm & Cart
     EPA100 / Lapis Lazul
    SUT/Phono
     Wavac
    Digital Source 1
     SBT
    DAC
     MBL
    Integrated Amp
     Cullinan 1
    Speakers
     Aural Pleasure
    Pre Amp
     Crystal Phonix
    Power Amp
     Crystal Phonix
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky1 View Post
    The Hart bronze speakers produced an enormous amount of bass for their size, but they didn't sound right...the treble sounded very muted (and the speakers easily took the 'ugliest hifi of the year' award).
    Thanks for the award. MP3's AALLLLL Weekend! Tracks streamed live and direct from Napster's 35 million tracks on a modified Squeezebox. I should have been absolutely slated! The Bronze Babies pack way above their weight. Muted treble?- compressed MP3, but extended bass, (think big bens bass bell) There's a supertweeter in that dual radiator soft tweeter but chopped MP3 treble proved difficult. No CD's or Vinyl cluttering the place was too tempting a lifestyle issue. MP3's masquerading as High End?
    Best I could muster! Took 100Kgs of Bronze too! Not one soul asked the file size all weekend!
    Last edited by Hart Audio; 11-04-2012 at 10:34 AM.

  11. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
     Nov 2010
    Posts
     51
    Location
     Isle of Wight
    Real Name
     David Hart
    Turn Table
     SL1000
    T/Arm & Cart
     EPA100 / Lapis Lazul
    SUT/Phono
     Wavac
    Digital Source 1
     SBT
    DAC
     MBL
    Integrated Amp
     Cullinan 1
    Speakers
     Aural Pleasure
    Pre Amp
     Crystal Phonix
    Power Amp
     Crystal Phonix
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleaardvark View Post
    Hart Audio (Why did you bother!)


    Not nice but hey your entitled. The Bronzes were playing MP3's all weekend with a tiny lifestyle system as an experiment. I turned up to play the Hart Audio D&W Sonix in the Cedar Suite with Rennaissance Amplification. ~You must have missed it~

  12. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
     Nov 2010
    Posts
     51
    Location
     Isle of Wight
    Real Name
     David Hart
    Turn Table
     SL1000
    T/Arm & Cart
     EPA100 / Lapis Lazul
    SUT/Phono
     Wavac
    Digital Source 1
     SBT
    DAC
     MBL
    Integrated Amp
     Cullinan 1
    Speakers
     Aural Pleasure
    Pre Amp
     Crystal Phonix
    Power Amp
     Crystal Phonix
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky1 View Post
    The Hart bronze speakers produced an enormous amount of bass for their size, but they didn't sound right...the treble sounded very muted (and the speakers easily took the 'ugliest hifi of the year' award).
    .
    Thank you for all your opinions. The Bronze Toads have been adjusted in sound to meet your demands. The treble issue has been remedied and balanced to match the bass as required. Once again thank you. I'll be roadtesting more designs at shows to endeavour to meet your listening expectations.

  13. #93
    Wammer
    Join Date
     May 2009
    Posts
     1,371
    Location
     United Kingdom
    Real Name
     Bill
    Turn Table
     VPI Classic 2
    T/Arm & Cart
     10.5i / Benz LP-S
    SUT/Phono
     BMC MCCI
    Digital Source 1
     PC jriver
    Digital Source 2
     OPPO 105d
    Speakers
     Focal Maestro Utopia
    Pre Amp
     Audio Research Ref 3
    Power Amp
     Krell 750mcx's
    Headphones
     HD650s and Monsters
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hart Audio View Post
    Thank you for all your opinions. The Bronze Toads have been adjusted in sound to meet your demands. The treble issue has been remedied and balanced to match the bass as required. Once again thank you. I'll be roadtesting more designs at shows to endeavour to meet your listening expectations.
    Hi David,

    I attended the show and heard your D&W sonix with the renaissance amps and chord Sarum. I enjoyed the system in terms of the sound staging that was very deep and diffuse is a good way - sound really detached from the speakers. I think the room was a very difficult one to control though with that alcove behind - it sort of ballooned the bass a bit. I am sure it would sound fantastic in a better room.

  14. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
     Nov 2010
    Posts
     51
    Location
     Isle of Wight
    Real Name
     David Hart
    Turn Table
     SL1000
    T/Arm & Cart
     EPA100 / Lapis Lazul
    SUT/Phono
     Wavac
    Digital Source 1
     SBT
    DAC
     MBL
    Integrated Amp
     Cullinan 1
    Speakers
     Aural Pleasure
    Pre Amp
     Crystal Phonix
    Power Amp
     Crystal Phonix
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    I agree the tall ceilings probably added 1/3 to the room size and the alcove was a deep bass trap and directly behind the image which was nice and gave a deeper image. But at the cost of a bass trap, so not ideal. The room should have been an uninterupted rectangle. It was also the first time we'd used the Audiophilebase stands but having them off the floor improved the trap.

    I met Alister from Artisan Silver cables at the show. I knew of him and that he was on the island but had not met him before. He showed an interest in the treble roll off being of note. Graham another cable manufacturer who never gives anything away and has never really complimented my designs as he's always spotted flaws and clams, said the look and sound were spot on and he couldn't fault em. Judging by their review and Alisters comments I think that treble has in my mind at least perhaps become a moot point in listening fatigue claims?
    Last edited by Hart Audio; 15-04-2012 at 02:19 PM.

  15. #95
    Wammer
    Join Date
     May 2009
    Posts
     1,371
    Location
     United Kingdom
    Real Name
     Bill
    Turn Table
     VPI Classic 2
    T/Arm & Cart
     10.5i / Benz LP-S
    SUT/Phono
     BMC MCCI
    Digital Source 1
     PC jriver
    Digital Source 2
     OPPO 105d
    Speakers
     Focal Maestro Utopia
    Pre Amp
     Audio Research Ref 3
    Power Amp
     Krell 750mcx's
    Headphones
     HD650s and Monsters
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hart Audio View Post
    I agree the tall ceilings probably added 1/3 to the room size and the alcove was a deep bass trap and directly behind the image which was nice and gave a deeper image. But at the cost of a bass trap, so not ideal. The room should have been an uninterupted rectangle. It was also the first time we'd used the Audiophilebase stands but having them off the floor improved the trap.

    I met Alister from Artisan Silver cables at the show. I knew of him and that he was on the island but had not met him before. He showed an interest in the treble roll off being of note. Graham another cable manufacturer who never gives anything away and has never really complimented my designs as he's always spotted flaws and clams, said the look and sound were spot on and he couldn't fault em. Judging by their review and Alisters comments I think that treble has in my mind at least perhaps become a moot point in listening fatigue claims?
    I dunno really regarding treble. Your speakers were not in any way bright at all - I guess some people like rolled off treble to give a smoothing top end. I personally like fully extended and explicit treble, as it IMO suits the classical music genre well - captures in fiddles accurately for example. It is horses for courses - some people love the uber smooth, almost voluptuous tube sound with air and space galore. Others fancy ultra fast, detailed and "hi res" sounds.

  16. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
     Nov 2010
    Posts
     51
    Location
     Isle of Wight
    Real Name
     David Hart
    Turn Table
     SL1000
    T/Arm & Cart
     EPA100 / Lapis Lazul
    SUT/Phono
     Wavac
    Digital Source 1
     SBT
    DAC
     MBL
    Integrated Amp
     Cullinan 1
    Speakers
     Aural Pleasure
    Pre Amp
     Crystal Phonix
    Power Amp
     Crystal Phonix
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by khfm865 View Post
    I dunno really regarding treble. Your speakers were not in any way bright at all - I guess some people like rolled off treble to give a smoothing top end. I personally like fully extended and explicit treble, as it IMO suits the classical music genre well - captures in fiddles accurately for example. It is horses for courses - some people love the uber smooth, almost voluptuous tube sound with air and space galore. Others fancy ultra fast, detailed and "hi res" sounds.
    That's the hard thing about designing speakers. I never know what they are going to sound like until I hear them, they all sound as different as they look but the trends in sound need accommodating and then there's personal taste and aesthetic pleasure. Still like doing it though.

  17. #97
    Contains mild peril browellm's Avatar
    Join Date
     Sep 2008
    Posts
     20,856
    Location
     Nottingham
    Real Name
     Mark
    Turn Table
     Acoustic Solid Wood
    T/Arm & Cart
     AN Arm III/Io Gold
    SUT/Phono
     Allnic H1500
    Digital Source 1
     Modwright TP
    Speakers
     Avantgarde Uno Nano
    Pre Amp
     Kondo M7
    Power Amp
     LV Argento
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Hi David

    Good to see your participation on the forum. Please would you register as a dealer/manufacturer before continuing? Thanks
    “We had an audiophile living on our street, until his house accidentally burned down.”

    Kondo mafia
    http://www.last.fm/user/browellm

  18. #98
    Wammer
    Join Date
     May 2009
    Posts
     1,371
    Location
     United Kingdom
    Real Name
     Bill
    Turn Table
     VPI Classic 2
    T/Arm & Cart
     10.5i / Benz LP-S
    SUT/Phono
     BMC MCCI
    Digital Source 1
     PC jriver
    Digital Source 2
     OPPO 105d
    Speakers
     Focal Maestro Utopia
    Pre Amp
     Audio Research Ref 3
    Power Amp
     Krell 750mcx's
    Headphones
     HD650s and Monsters
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hart Audio View Post
    That's the hard thing about designing speakers. I never know what they are going to sound like until I hear them, they all sound as different as they look but the trends in sound need accommodating and then there's personal taste and aesthetic pleasure. Still like doing it though.
    Good on you, David. You have a great and different product in the D&W sonix - they do some things like I have never heard before - really cavernous image with loads of space and air. I have never heard anything quite like that. I am sure they will do extremely well.

  19. #99
    Registered
    Join Date
     Apr 2012
    Posts
     1
    Location
     Jersey
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    JoSound are vey glad that you enjoyed our room. We actively encourage all who attend shows, like this, to bring thier own music and are always glad to play it for them.

    We have yet to find a musical style that we don't like ... now there is a challenge

  20. #100
    Super Wammer Ukandrewf's Avatar
    Join Date
     Mar 2012
    Posts
     34
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    http://www.chestergroup.org/audio-world-12-show-images

    More pics of show


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •