Audio Emotion Purite North  Epiphany Acoustics 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I'm pretty new to photography, but read about 'shooting to the right' pretty early on. TBH I'm having mixed results with it, as it's easy to blow your highlights with to much +EV. If you're careful with your metering & use the AE-L button it can work very well after some PP to bring back the washed out looking image (not good to do if you shoot RAW+) . That said I don't see the point of using -EV all the time as you're throwing away detail, great though if you want an uderexposed effect or looking for a low-key type image.
    Denon DP-6000/FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch/Audio Note CDT/M2Tech Young DAC/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    My flickr & Portfolio

Digital Source 1
     Cairn Fog V2
    Integrated Amp
     Cairn 4808A
    Speakers
     Dali Suite 2.8
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    well, I'm that used to it that it doesn't seem to make any difference, but I'm sure someone on here said that you lose more detail of you over expose pics some time ago too..?

anyway, I'll crack on with what I've been doing...
    this sig is intentionally blank...

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    From what I've read (& perhaps I missed the point) you only loose detail through overexposure if you blow the highlights or underexposure if you block the blacks. So, any recorded pixel that has a value that's not pure white or black can be adjusted in your RAW developer. The big difference to all this is how the pixels are recorded by the camera sensor. It works effectively in stops so your brightest tones at the far right of the histogram can record 2048 levels, the next stop down can record 1024 levels, but by the time you get down to the darkest tones only 128 can be recorded. So it makes sense if you're trying to record as much detail as possible to overexpose a stop or two & record higher detail & then bring back the tones but with the extra detail now recorded.
    Denon DP-6000/FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch/Audio Note CDT/M2Tech Young DAC/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    My flickr & Portfolio