Digital Source 1
     SA7001KI
    Integrated Amp
     PM7200
    Speakers
     Monitor Audio 14
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Looking for 5.25" mid/midbass rear speaker advice.

Hopefully you guys can offer some advice as car audio forums seem to be a somewhat unsurprisingly complete waste of time.

I have a 1990 Mk2 Honda CRX, its not chavved up, its a standard, tidy and a much loved little go-kart. Please dont judge me.

What Im after is a pair of decent 5.25" mid range/mid bass drivers to go in the rear. Ive managed to get a pair of the optional rear "bass tubes" that have a volume of around 3.5 litres and a small, 20mm front facing port that is easily bunged. They sit in the standar rear speaker holes with the tube going back over the rear arches behind the trim.
    I have a couple of spare amplifiers that I could use, offering between 35 and 75 watts per channel.
    The front is sorted with an Alpine 9835R feeding Dynaudio 242 GTs though a bridged Genesis Profile 5 that also powers a little 10" sealed subwoofer in a home made arch hugging box.

What I want is a little bit of punchy, mid range rear fill, nothing monstrous, just a gap/hole filler.

All that Ive really been looking at so far is Rainbows' 130 SLX mid drivers and the range of Focals in 13cm/5.25". Should I consider others? Budget is up to about 150.

Any help is much appreciated as I dont want to mess about trying loads of speakers - Im too old for such nonsense.

Banned
    Turn Table
     No thanks
    Digital Source 1
     LMS
    Digital Source 2
     Spotify
    Pre Amp
     Yes
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    A vote for Rianbow speakers. I replaced the awful Harman Kardon OEM cones in a previous BMW 330d with Rainbow items - 2 way 5.25 in rear and component 5.25s up front. It was a massive improvement in clarity and richness of sound.

Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Inspire Vivid LP12
    T/Arm & Cart
     Ittok LVII, Supex
    SUT/Phono
     GSAudio Elevator EXP
    Digital Source 1
     MF NuVista3D JSAudio
    Digital Source 2
     SBT+ Synology DS112+
    Integrated Amp
     MF M3 NuVista
    Speakers
     Celestion A3 Santos
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    A mate's son fitted a few of these Skytecs (or similar - they were certainly 5.25 Skytecs) in his Corsa. Must say they don't sound too bad.

Much less than your budget as well, which sometimes helps.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skytec-5-2...#ht_1638wt_905

Current Loudspeaker List now shrinking - Celestion A3, Celestion A1, Celestion Ditton 44, KEF Ref 105.2, KEF Ref 104ab, Yamaha NS1000M, B&W DM7, B&W DM4, B&W DM2a, B&W DM2000, B&W DM14, B&W CM4, Mission 770.