SBT/Theta/PT
    Integrated Amp
     Concordant / Krell
    Speakers
     Harbeth Compact
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Lentek Intergrated Amp

I have wanted one of these since the first time I saw one so many years ago at a Hi Fi Show (think it was at Last Drop Village Bolton but can not be sure) .
    Was not able to hear it at the time but just loved the look and build quality of this unit.

Have seen a few recently come up for sale on e-bay has anyone ever had one of these ? Can anyone let me know if they sound as good as they look ?
    Have to say another one has been listed and I am tempted but no idea were i would use it . Do not think it would replace the Concordant / Krell but too good for a kitchen or bedroom system . Any help appreciated .
    System - Theta Data Basic II Transport - Squeezebox Touch Toolbox 3.0 Dynobot Mods - Antimode 2.0 Digital Room Equaliser - Concordant Exhilliarant Pre - Krell KSA 50 Amp - Harbeth Compact Monitors II

Turn Table
     STST Motus II
    T/Arm & Cart
     STST Vertex. Io Ltd
    SUT/Phono
     ANS6 Aurorasound
    Digital Source 1
     A8500
    Digital Source 2
     Sony CDP-715E
    Speakers
     Horn
    Pre Amp
     Aurorasound PREDA
    Power Amp
     300B or M845
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    Wasn't it the forerunner of the Audiolab 8000A? Same people behind it if I'm not mistaken.

Turn Table
     Technics 1210mkii
    T/Arm & Cart
     ADC XLM mkiii
    SUT/Phono
     Lynwood Equalizer
    Digital Source 1
     Sugden SDT1
    Digital Source 2
     Macbook Pro
    DAC
     Jolida Glass FXII
    Integrated Amp
     Sugden A21a
    Speakers
     SD Acoustics SD1
    Power Amp
     Sugden A21ap
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I heard one the other day, with my Gale GS401bs on the end of it, and I thought it sounded sublime. Got me lusting after one as well, to be honest. Hard to know what to say about the sound really, other than that it sounded lovely. I couldn't single out any particular element, which probably suggests it was doing what it's meant to, ie reproducing the source signal very competently to a high degree of fidelity, with fine clarity, and no obvious coloration. I looked into it, and also came across the 8000a relationship. Having owned one, I can kind of see the connection, though I would say where the 8000a could seem to have a slightly blunt/sharp edge, in the Lentek this was simply clarity and detail.

Real Name
     Doug
    Turn Table
     Acoustic Sig Mk3
    T/Arm & Cart
     Morch DP6 VDHColobri
    SUT/Phono
     ANJ S6c
    Digital Source 1
     Naim CD2
    Digital Source 2
     M. Net
    DAC
     A.N. 2.1X Balanced
    Speakers
     Harbeth SHL5
    Pre Amp
     EAR 912
    Power Amp
     EAR 890
    Headphones
     AKG K702
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by pure sound View Post
    Wasn't it the forerunner of the Audiolab 8000A? Same people behind it if I'm not mistaken.
    Just so, Lenteck was set up by the same people who started the original audiolab, I had a mate who worked with them at Lentec and I visited the factory all I can say is the attention to detail by Phillip Swift into the production was second to non. They made some great kit my ex wife still has their speakers and amp had to leave them behind!!!!!!!
    I would have a go if you like the sound

Wammer
    Real Name
     Miles
    Digital Source 1
     Apple
    DAC
     Metrum
    Integrated Amp
     Leben
    Speakers
     Living Voice
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by pure sound View Post
    It is by 'genealogy,' but the Lentek's arguably potentially a far better-sounding amp than anything Audiolab ever made.

Bit of an odd one, beautifully made, but consequently very expensive, and the relatively low power meant it looked like poor value for money when Japanese watts in particular were cheap.

It was a bit fussy about which speakers you matched it with (although it had real drive and presence if you got it right), and was often regarded as being a bit underwhelming in a quick comparison, but over the long haul it was a very involving amp to listen to.

Not sure I'd invest in one now though, likely to need a bit of a refurb internally and first you'd have to find somebody who knew how to open the bugger.

Wammer
    Real Name
     Richard Dale
    Turn Table
     Gyrodek/SME V
    Digital Source 1
     Marantz CD7
    Integrated Amp
     Glow Amp One
    Speakers
     Tannoy AutographMini
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by notevenclose View Post
    It is by 'genealogy,' but the Lentek's arguably potentially a far better-sounding amp than anything Audiolab ever made.

Bit of an odd one, beautifully made, but consequently very expensive, and the relatively low power meant it looked like poor value for money when Japanese watts in particular were cheap.

It was a bit fussy about which speakers you matched it with (although it had real drive and presence if you got it right), and was often regarded as being a bit underwhelming in a quick comparison, but over the long haul it was a very involving amp to listen to.

Not sure I'd invest in one now though, likely to need a bit of a refurb internally and first you'd have to find somebody who knew how to open the bugger.
    I heard a Lentek driving a pair of stacked Quad electrostatics at the Audio T West End Lane branch in the late 70s and it sounded stunning - one of the most amazing systems I've heard. I'm not sure how much was down to the Lentek, but I've never forgot that system playing a Little Feat album. If the guys in the shop chose it to drive the electrostatics in parallel I imagine it would drive most things.

Wammer
    Real Name
     Miles
    Digital Source 1
     Apple
    DAC
     Metrum
    Integrated Amp
     Leben
    Speakers
     Living Voice
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by rdale View Post
    I heard a Lentek driving a pair of stacked Quad electrostatics at the Audio T West End Lane branch in the late 70s and it sounded stunning - one of the most amazing systems I've heard. I'm not sure how much was down to the Lentek, but I've never forgot that system playing a Little Feat album. If the guys in the shop chose it to drive the electrostatics in parallel I imagine it would drive most things.
    Up to a point. I remember taking one to a customer who owned the first generation 'Dalek' Kefs (not a speaker I knew very well - 105?) and it died on its arse. A big Sansui integrated made a much better job of driving those.

On the other hand I do seem to recall it got a remarkably good grip of the original Harbeths, minimising the 'quack' that to my ears all the Beeb-stylee bextrene/polypropylene coned speakers suffered from at that time.

As I recall bloody marvellous with the short-lived MS Signifers and Keesonic KRFs though... proper (paper) drivers...
    Last edited by notevenclose; 16-05-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Real Name
     David
    Turn Table
     Michell Syncro
    T/Arm & Cart
     Ortofon 2M Red
    Digital Source 1
     Audio Note CD-T Zero
    Digital Source 2
     SBT
    DAC
     B-dac
    Speakers
     ML Aerius
    Pre Amp
     MF A3
    Power Amp
     MF XA-50
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Damn, Last Drop Village HiFi Show - now that brings back some memories......
    -----------------------------------------
    ‎"I put up my thumb ... and my thumb blotted out Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small." Neil Armstrong, Hero.

Peanut Popper It Cost How Much!?!'s Avatar
    Real Name
     Bob
    Turn Table
     Transrotor Fat Bob
    T/Arm & Cart
     Transrotor/Koetsu
    SUT/Phono
     S&B/Hagerman Trumpet
    Digital Source 1
     Esoteric P-30
    DAC
     AS DAX Discrete
    Speakers
     JBL L112 Quad ESL989
    Pre Amp
     Audio Research SP14
    Power Amp
     Primare 928 (white)
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by notevenclose View Post
    Up to a point. I remember taking one to a customer who owned the first generation 'Dalek' Kefs (not a speaker I knew very well - 105?) and it died on its arse. A big Sansui integrated made a much better job of driving those.

On the other hand I do seem to recall it got a remarkably good grip of the original Harbeths, minimising the 'quack' that to my ears all the Beeb-stylee bextrene/polypropylene coned speakers suffered from at that time.

As I recall bloody marvellous with the short-lived MS Signifers and Keesonic KRFs though... proper (paper) drivers...
    Always wanted a pair of MS Signifiers and also DCM Time Windows, will probably never listen to them again (sigh)

Wammer
    Real Name
     marc
    Turn Table
     SME30/2A
    T/Arm & Cart
     SME V Koetsu Jade
    SUT/Phono
     NVA Statement
    Digital Source 1
     Cary 306 SACD
    Speakers
     PMC PB1i
    Pre Amp
     NVA Statement
    Power Amp
     NVA Statement
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I had one for a couple of years not sure why I sold it but it was a very good amp, and now there's one on Ebay

Registered
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Just found this thread.

We have a Lentek Integrated and also the Moving Coil Head Amp (step up) both bought new.

The Lentek replaced a Cambridge Audio P110, more of which anon.

The Lentek has little, or no, "hi-fi" quality to its sound. By this, I mean that it doesn't sound like hi-fi rather a bit like real music, so you don't remark on the bass, mid or top. Ours developed a fault in the stereo/mono switch and had begun to sound a tad uninvolving. It was completely refurbished, including all caps and a few problems (possibly caused by our house taking a lightning hit that blew the copper off the LP12's Valhalla board!). On return it did indeed, sound "sublime". Better than ever. One oddity after the refurb was that the on/off switch was by-passed; whether my leaving it on permanently (as so may hi-fi gurus say one should) has caused further cap decay I don't know but it had, again, started to sound a bit "flat".

At this point (Jan 2012) I'd bought a carefully refurbished Cambridge Audio P110 (yes, the model I sold after buying the Lentek) and one day moved it from the second system to the main one. It's still there. All of the Lentek's attributes are there but with far better clarity (vocals and piano are amazing) and dynamics. The bass is startlingly deep and articulate. We started staying up late listening to music again!

That said, I'm listening to the Lentek (with a new main relay) now playing through a pair of small 4ohm speakers via FM and it really does sound good again!

So, if anyone is still interested, no, I'm never selling mine, but pm me and I'll give you contact names for refurbishment.

Beware, though, these amps seem to fetch c.£500 on ebay; but, IMHO, they're worth it. Just before it was refurbished, ours blew away a Marantz PM17/Mk3KI & a TAG 100wpc pre/power combo to the extent that in the shop where the comparison was made the manager (who had been serving) came into the listening room to say "what on earth is that?!" and then, "forget anything below £3,000 as a replacement". The Lentek is not only well built, it has excellent signal switching and pickup (mm & mc) matching facilities.

When refurbishing, attenuating the Aux input by 10db is also a good idea.

The head amp, btw, hadn't been used for years and was faulty. It's been repaired but not yet used; I have to set up the t/t for the winter's listening and the P110 will be the partnered amp. Will post again if all goes well.
    Last edited by Mardler; 01-10-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Registered
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Hi there
    I m totally new here first registration ever
    Bought a LENTEK amp recently and stg wrong ..
    Did demonstrate at Harrow Audio London and worked fine
    Back home connected to my Linn Index II but wrong again
    One of the channel just weak no low at all - the other okay

Please I need someone to fix or check it if possible

Kind regards

Lorant

Wammer
    Real Name
     simon
    Turn Table
     pioneer p3a
    T/Arm & Cart
     sony XL-55 PRO
    SUT/Phono
     Whest ps30R
    Digital Source 2
     Proceed pmdt
    Integrated Amp
     SONY TAFA-777es
    Speakers
     Yamaha NS1000 b&w804
    Pre Amp
     Yamaha CX-10000
    Power Amp
     Yamaha MX-10000
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    I also have on of these which is mint and boxed. When i plug it in i just hear a relay clicking at interval but not sure what the problem is. anyone?

Registered
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Please please!!!

Hey anyone there!!!

Real Name
     Mark
    Turn Table
     Technics SP-10
    T/Arm & Cart
     Stogi S-12/Koetsu R
    SUT/Phono
     AN S1/building it.
    Digital Source 1
     Teac VRDS 10
    Digital Source 2
     Foo mods to vrds.
    DAC
     DSP Antimode
    Speakers
     Zingali Naples
    Pre Amp
     Antimode
    Power Amp
     WAD Kel80's
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentek View Post
    Please please!!!

Hey anyone there!!!
    Did you contact the person you bought it from?

Registered
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtell View Post
    Did you contact the person you bought it from?
    Yes he knows about it, also I demonstrated at harrow audio and worked fine.. back home wrong again.... God knows what s wrong

Wammer
    Real Name
     Henry
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    Hi.
    I have serviced repaired a few of these and have circuit diagrams etc.
    regards
    Henry

Registered
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    ck
    Quote Originally Posted by toprepairman View Post
    Hi.
    I have serviced repaired a few of these and have circuit diagrams etc.
    regards
    Henry
    Hi there
    Shall I pick LENTEK and run to the service direction?
    Tell me the next step if there is please.

Lóránt

Wammer
    Real Name
     Henry
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    I have sent you a PM.

Wammer
    Real Name
     Henry
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes