Its been a little while in development but I'm finally delighted to announce that I will be providing a new range of products, all hand crafted, to help you get the very best out of your systems at home. Most people neglect acoustic room treatment, but miss out on perhaps the biggest "upgrade" available by simply and effectively treating room acoustics. The idea is to tame unwanted bass boom and early reflections created by the interaction of the loudspeakers with surrounding acoustically reflective surfaces with the aim of improving clarity, stereo image and detail, allowing your system to perform at its best.
Trouble is, most commonly available eggbox foam slabs look unsightly, can be costly, and can fade in sunlight.
In response to this, I have developed a small but perfectly formed range of full bandwidth (can be used as bass traps as well) acoustic panels available in the following sizes:
1.2m by 0.75m
1.2m by 0.6m
1.0m by 0.35m
- Choice of 50mm or 100mm deep panels filled with high density fire retardant glass fibre wadding which has excellent sound absorption characteristics (better than open cell foam). Benefits include being less bulky than equivalent foam panels to achieve the same results plus remain SAFE from a fire safety point of view
- The panels are framed with sold pine frames which are then covered in top quality flame retardant acoustically transparent cloth which will be available in a range of colours to suit your decor requirements. Benefits include them being much more domestically friendly so your lving room won't resemble a recording studio!
- they can be cleaned by wiping over with a damp cloth to remain fresh looking and will not fade in sunlight nor allow migration of the glass fibre filling.
These can be supplied with a free standing feet kit (optional) or can be hung on walls using standard picture hooks, or fixed using brass brackets and a few screws.
They are not to be confused with cheap and nasty DIY attempts sold on various auction sites which generally are not fire retardant nor use the same quality pukka acoustic fabrics.
I am happy to take pre-orders or for you to register interest (no obligation) so that I can create a priority list for manufacture.
The standard room would benefit from a minimum of one bass trap (small panel) in each corner on the 'speaker wall plus one of the larger panels placed behind each 'speaker. The ability to use free standing panels means you can place below windows or in front of radiators.
For more troublesome rooms, additional panels in each room corner, on the rear wall and perhaps on side walls would be enough for most listening spaces. Its better to build the treatment a little at a time rather than go for overkill which could result in a "dead" listening space, so I'd advise a little at a time, a period of evaluation then order more only if needed.
The icing on the cake is that the materials are from environmentally friendly sources:
- Glass fibre filling is made from 60% recycled glass bottles;
- Timber is sourced from ONLY FSC approved sustainable sources using PEFC chain of custody certification
- recyclable Polyolefin custom weave fabrics used in the acoustic fabric
Not only will you be provided with one of the best quality acoustic fabrics in a colour of your choice, stretched over lightweight but very robust hand jointed solid pine frames and filled with one of the best acoustic absorbent materials available, but you can rest assured that the sourcing and manufacture is about as environmentally friendly as its possible to achieve.
Happy to speak on a one-to-one basis to help for your individual circumstances and to work with you to design around your particular requirements.
I can offer one off custom built panels to any size up to a maximum of 2m in length by 1.5m in depth.
Prices (excluding courier delivery) expected to be:
Large panels = £95
Medium Panels = £82.50
Slender Panels = £75
Delivery prices start from £8 per panel via courier delivery.
PM me if interested or feel free to post on this thread.