SB Touch / BuffaloII
    Integrated Amp
     Aikido / SDS 258
    Speakers
     Leema Xavier
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Bath Audiofest 2012 - Sat. 26th May

Just a head's up for anyone in the SW who may not be aware of this little shindig this Saturday:

http://www.coolgales.com/store/cart....audiofest_2012

Some very nice gear on demo by the look of things. I hope to get down there for an hour or three [i've no connection with Cool Gales or anyone else involved in case your wondering].
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Real Name
     Carl
    Turn Table
     no thanks
    Digital Source 1
     Wadia 15
    Digital Source 2
     SBT
    DAC
     Wadia 321
    Speakers
     Wilson Sophia
    Pre Amp
     Modwright LS36.5
    Power Amp
     Krell KSA300s
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I'll be going, two kids in tow. Not sure how much serious listening I'll get done!
    I've got the hifi. Now I just need the room.

Real Name
     Neil
    Turn Table
     Pro-ject Debut
    SUT/Phono
     Rega Fono mini
    Digital Source 1
     Sony X3000ES
    Speakers
     Totem Arro
    Pre Amp
     Meridian 502
    Power Amp
     Perreaux SX25
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Damn, would have gone but for plans already made. Have fun guys
    Sony X3000ES / Meridian 502 / Perreaux Silhouette SX-25 / Totem Arros

Real Name
     Carl
    Turn Table
     no thanks
    Digital Source 1
     Wadia 15
    Digital Source 2
     SBT
    DAC
     Wadia 321
    Speakers
     Wilson Sophia
    Pre Amp
     Modwright LS36.5
    Power Amp
     Krell KSA300s
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    So what did you think guys? Anything there rock your world? Mightily disappointed the ML Electromotions became damaged in transit so couldn't be demoed.

Real Name
     Richard
    Turn Table
     LP12 / Borbley Phono
    Digital Source 1
     SB Touch / BuffaloII
    Integrated Amp
     Aikido / SDS 258
    Speakers
     Leema Xavier
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Didn't get as much time as I would have liked but was a little disappointed overall with what I heard.

The small bit of Frank Schröder's talk on turntable practicalities was very interesting and picked up a couple of good tips.
    The only sound that I was genuinely impressed by was the room with the Aspara Horns and Franks Artemis (?) turntable and arm - this was very easy to listen too indeed and highly captivating.
    The other rooms were a little so-so (given the value of the kit) apart from the Leema room which sounded horrid being flat, harsh and boomy and almost gave me a headache - I had expected better from them to be honest.
    I did have a good giggle at some of the cables on display and in use
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Registered
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes

Bath AudioFest 2012

Quote Originally Posted by RichG View Post
    Didn't get as much time as I would have liked but was a little disappointed overall with what I heard.

The small bit of Frank Schröder's talk on turntable practicalities was very interesting and picked up a couple of good tips.
    The only sound that I was genuinely impressed by was the room with the Aspara Horns and Franks Artemis (?) turntable and arm - this was very easy to listen too indeed and highly captivating.
    The other rooms were a little so-so (given the value of the kit) apart from the Leema room which sounded horrid being flat, harsh and boomy and almost gave me a headache - I had expected better from them to be honest.
    I did have a good giggle at some of the cables on display and in use
    Many thanks for visiting, RichG, and I'm delighted you enjoyed the Aspara/Thomas Mayer/Artemis room and Frank's talk. Frank and I dropped off the Artemis turntable and tonearm on Monday at Alan Sircom's home for review in Hi-Fi+, and I must say what a treat it was to watch Frank set up, then fine tune the deck. A real master class.

I am sorry you were disappointed in the other rooms. I hope you don't mind my noting, judging from many comments on the day, several emails, and a couple of phone calls from attendees, that you're in a minority. It is a colossal challenge to deliver kit to a strange venue, set it up, warm it up, all in the space of a couple of hours (most exhibitors began setting up around 8 AM on the day, and attendees started arriving at 10 AM), and then get fabulous sound. By and large, I think our exhibitors were successful. However, we're considering making the event a two-day affair next year, which would allow much more time for warm up and acoustic adjustments. I do hope you'll wish to join us again.

Registered
    Real Name
     Ken
    Turn Table
     LP12 / Aro
    Digital Source 1
     DCS P8i
    Integrated Amp
     Karan KA 180 Mk2
    Speakers
     Avalon Arcus
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I must agree that the setup featuring the Artemis turntable was the highlight of the show but I must say that the overall standard was fantastic. It was a great show, big thank you to Coolgales.

Real Name
     Paolo
    Turn Table
     Thorens124Garrard401
    T/Arm & Cart
     SwissonorTA10 SPU 90
    SUT/Phono
     Rhea
    Digital Source 1
     GamutCD3 rarely used
    Digital Source 2
     MacbookPro Retina
    Speakers
     Harbeth P3ESR
    Pre Amp
     Aleph P
    Power Amp
     Mayer46 Aleph0monos
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Bath Audiofest

Quote Originally Posted by kenton View Post
    I must agree that the setup featuring the Artemis turntable was the highlight of the show but I must say that the overall standard was fantastic. It was a great show, big thank you to Coolgales.
    Unfortunately we arrived the wrong side of midday and missed the Mayer 45 Amp demo but settled into the Artemis/Aspara/ Mayer room very comfortably after Frank's very illuminating talk on TT setup.
    The Mayer build quality is amazing as is the sound and the 46 Amp continues to delight. Thanks for putting on a great show and see you again next year.
    Thorens TD 124 /Schopper Solid Plinth/Swissonor TA10/Ortofon RS309D/SPU 85 & 90 / Air Tight PC1/ Aesthetix Rhea and XO'd Pass Aleph P Pre / Thomas Mayer 46SE / Harbeth P3ESRs/LFD Scorpion & Black Widow /Finite Elemente Pagode Master Refs/Garrard 401/SME 312S

Real Name
     phil
    Turn Table
     nil
    Digital Source 1
     msb cd4
    Digital Source 2
     bel canto fm 1
    DAC
     bel canto 3.5 vbrs
    Speakers
     ml summit x
    Pre Amp
     audionote m-one
    Power Amp
     MSB S200
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlBkk View Post
    So what did you think guys? Anything there rock your world? Mightily disappointed the ML Electromotions became damaged in transit so couldn't be demoed.
    did you see this bargain pair ?

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...t=martin+logan
    You might slip, you might slide, You might stumble and fall by the roadside, But don't ever let nobody drag your spirit down, Remember you're walking up to heaven
    Don't let nobody turn you 'round, eric bibb

Real Name
     Carl
    Turn Table
     no thanks
    Digital Source 1
     Wadia 15
    Digital Source 2
     SBT
    DAC
     Wadia 321
    Speakers
     Wilson Sophia
    Pre Amp
     Modwright LS36.5
    Power Amp
     Krell KSA300s
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    ooh, didn't notice them but just took a look...thanks Phil. After speaking to the ML distributor at the Bath show and explaining my requirements (and knowing that I could/would only buy 2nd hand) he strongly recommends the Summits if some come up <£3500 or second best the Vantage over the Electromotion. Either way I really need to demo first locally - too risky to wave goodbye to my boxes before I've even heard MLs.

Also...seen the nice Focals on ebay? Some Mezzo Utopias and Diablos. Demo and comparison time for the latter!

Registered
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    Thanks for your kind words, Kenton. See you next year, I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by kenton View Post