Speakers
     X.T.Z. 99.36piano ii
    Pre Amp
     M.F. A1 fbp
    Power Amp
     XTZ AP100
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I get absolutely no problems, with static build up following wet cleaning on my moth pro either John, I've heard some people claim in the past that increased revolutions during cleaning can be a cause of this & therefore recommend 3-4 revs each way.....I now actually scrub for 6-7 revs in each direction as I find this pretty much always gives good results with no further cleaning being necessary.

I do wonder whether other domestic/environmental issues may perhaps sometimes be the cause of static problems occurring for some with l.p. cleaning/replay.....a few years ago I used to wear a lot of high tech fabric outdoorsy clothing during the summer particularly, i.e. gore-tex/fast drying polycotton cargo pants, shirts etc & I would often get static build up when playing vinyl, I'm sure some will have had the experience of touching an escalator handrail & getting a small static discharge.....I now pretty much always wear natural fabrics wool/cotton/linen/silk etc....other than water proof coats.......I may be talking ooot of my arse re this point , but I do wonder whether carpets that have a polyester content may be a contributory factor in some households as like I say I have no problems at all re this & all my rugs etc are pure wool.

When I used to get static build up in the past I used to find touching the metal (aluminium) handle of my carbon fibre record cleaning brush to the spindle of the record deck would allow it to discharge.
    Last edited by vacdac; 10-06-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    Gyro, Jelly750d, Oyaide MJ-12, AT33EV/OC9ml ii/F3iii, Rondo Red carts, Icon audio PS 1.2 phono, C.A. Stream Magic 6, TEAC cd,(Synology DS213/Acer timeline X lappy. Alva Nanoface) M.F. A1fbp pre XTZ ap100 power, XTZ99.36 speaks, x-can v8 & x10v3, AKG 272hd

Real Name
     John
    Turn Table
     Inspire Vivid LP12
    T/Arm & Cart
     Ittok LV11, DL304
    SUT/Phono
     GSAudio Elevator EXP
    Digital Source 1
     MF NuVista3D JSAudio
    Digital Source 2
     SBTouch + server PC
    DAC
     In SBT
    Integrated Amp
     MF M3 NuVista
    Speakers
     Celestion A3 Santos
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by vacdac View Post
    I get absolutely no problems, with static build up following wet cleaning on my moth pro either John, I've heard some people claim in the past that increased revolutions during cleaning can be a cause of this & therefore recommend 3-4 revs each way.....I now actually scrub for 6-7 revs in each direction as I find this pretty much always gives good results with no further cleaning being necessary.

I do wonder whether other domestic environmental issues may perhaps sometimes be the cause of static problems occurring for some with l.p. cleaning/replay.....a few years ago I used to wear a lot of high tech fabric outdoorsy clothing during the summer particularly, i.e. gore-tex/fast drying polycotton cargo pants shirts etc & I would often get static build up when playing vinyl, I'm sure some will have had the experience of touching an escalator handrail & getting a small static discharge.....I now pretty much always wear natural fabrics wool/cotton/linen/silk etc....other than water proof coats.......I may be talking ooot of my arse re this point , but I do wonder whether carpets that have a polyester content may be a contributory factor in some households as like I say I have no problems at all re this & all my rugs etc are pure wool.

When I used to get static build up in the past I used to find touching the metal (aluminium handle) of my carbon fibre record cleaning brush to the spindle of the record deck would allow it to discharge.
    Chris - I have no doubt at all that there is a lot of truth in what you are suggesting. We used to have a very nice blue carpet in our lounge - but it was purely made of polyester or some similar man-made material. The shocks we sometimes got touching metal objects after walking on that carpet were actually slightly painful.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic. (Milligan)

Real Name
     Alan
    Turn Table
     Vpi Aries 3
    T/Arm & Cart
     Lyra Dorian
    SUT/Phono
     Groove + SRX
    Digital Source 1
     NuVista 3D..JS audio
    Digital Source 2
     M Fidelity A5 Tuner
    Integrated Amp
     NuVista M3..JS audio
    Speakers
     Guarneri Homage.
    Pre Amp
     Nakamichi DR3
    Power Amp
     Icon Audio Stereo 20
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by themadlatvian View Post
    I find that there is a terrible static problem if I only dry wipe a record, but that wet cleaning them in my RCM (Moth) doesn't produce that problem at all.

If I dry wipe some vinyl, I can pick up the record and remove it from the turntable with my heavy Dumpa mat still attached by static!

So you think that if i run them through a solution in my disco antistat ,that should be fine?.Gonna give them a go with a steam cleaner also.Seen a few vids on utube about this and as long as the steamer is not held to close it does a great job.
    If the truth can be told so as to be understood it will be believed.

Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     Gyro SE Oyaide MJ-12
    T/Arm & Cart
     Jelco 750 AT33EV/OC9
    SUT/Phono
     Icon Audio ps 1.2
    Digital Source 1
     C.A. SM6/Alva NF
    Digital Source 2
     Oppo BDP103D/dab500
    DAC
     C.A. SM6 + 5 more
    Integrated Amp
     M.F. x-can v8 AKG272
    Speakers
     X.T.Z. 99.36piano ii
    Pre Amp
     M.F. A1 fbp
    Power Amp
     XTZ AP100
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Hi Alan,

I reckon it's a case of suck it & see....if you do find you have a persistent problem with static then the Milty Zerostat gun may be worth considering as I've seen many people claim in the past that its done the trick for them, Superfi stock it for 40-95 http://www.superfi.co.uk/search.aspx...lty%20zerostat, that includes mainland UK delivery...not sure about N.I. tho, so I've also included a link from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0033SHDS...SIN=B0033SHDSS , the seller is still Superfi, but it does say UK delivery, which unless otherwise stated should include N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by alank950 View Post
    So you think that if i run them through a solution in my disco antistat ,that should be fine?.Gonna give them a go with a steam cleaner also.Seen a few vids on utube about this and as long as the steamer is not held to close it does a great job.
    p.s. Amazon do 99% I.P.A. for 6-99 inc UK delivery which seems gvfm...if you need to source more in the future

Chris oooot
    Last edited by vacdac; 10-06-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    Gyro, Jelly750d, Oyaide MJ-12, AT33EV/OC9ml ii/F3iii, Rondo Red carts, Icon audio PS 1.2 phono, C.A. Stream Magic 6, TEAC cd,(Synology DS213/Acer timeline X lappy. Alva Nanoface) M.F. A1fbp pre XTZ ap100 power, XTZ99.36 speaks, x-can v8 & x10v3, AKG 272hd

Real Name
     Alan
    Turn Table
     Vpi Aries 3
    T/Arm & Cart
     Lyra Dorian
    SUT/Phono
     Groove + SRX
    Digital Source 1
     NuVista 3D..JS audio
    Digital Source 2
     M Fidelity A5 Tuner
    Integrated Amp
     NuVista M3..JS audio
    Speakers
     Guarneri Homage.
    Pre Amp
     Nakamichi DR3
    Power Amp
     Icon Audio Stereo 20
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Hi Alan,

I reckon it's a case of suck it & see....if you do find you have a persistent problem with static then the Milty Zerostat gun may be worth considering as I've seen many people claim in the past that its done the trick for them, Superfi stock it for 40-95 http://www.superfi.co.uk/search.aspx...lty%20zerostat, that includes mainland UK delivery...not sure about N.I. tho, so I've also included a link from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0033SHDS...SIN=B0033SHDSS , the seller is still Superfi, but it does say UK delivery, which unless otherwise stated should include N.I.

p.s. Amazon do 99% I.P.A. for 6-99 inc UK delivery which seems gvfm...if you need to source more in the future

Chris oooot
    Thanks Chris
    Ebay have some good prices on I P A also.Its the wetting agent i am having trouble sourcing.The smallest i can find is 1ltr on ebay and i dont need that amount.Gonna ring a local camera shop here tomorrow to see what they have.
    The static shocks i get sometimes from my equipment is serious and quite alarming especially when i am not expecting it.Makes me go" ####!" sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Alan,

Chris oooot
    Thanks Chris
    Ebay have some good prices on I P A also.Its the wetting agent i am having trouble sourcing.The smallest i can find is 1ltr on ebay and i dont need that amount.Gonna ring a local camera shop here tomorrow to see what they have.
    The static shocks i get sometimes from my equipment is serious and quite alarming especially when i am not expecting it.Makes me go" ####!" sometimes.

Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     Gyro SE Oyaide MJ-12
    T/Arm & Cart
     Jelco 750 AT33EV/OC9
    SUT/Phono
     Icon Audio ps 1.2
    Digital Source 1
     C.A. SM6/Alva NF
    Digital Source 2
     Oppo BDP103D/dab500
    DAC
     C.A. SM6 + 5 more
    Integrated Amp
     M.F. x-can v8 AKG272
    Speakers
     X.T.Z. 99.36piano ii
    Pre Amp
     M.F. A1 fbp
    Power Amp
     XTZ AP100
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    The Ilford Ilfotol (wetting agent) I use is in a 250m.l. bottle, if you strike out trying to source it or something similar locally try Jessops..mail order they only stock it in one litre for 11-95...which as you suspect would likely last forever, you could maybe split it with someone else perhaps & still have more than enough
    Last edited by vacdac; 10-06-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Turn Table
     Systemdek IV/Decca
    Digital Source 1
     Marantz CD6004
    Digital Source 2
     HB Burnit Pro
    DAC
     Cambridge DACMagic2
    Speakers
     Art Impression
    Pre Amp
     AR SP9
    Power Amp
     Hafler DH200
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    If you go online get triple distilled water rather than use the deionised stuff from Halforfds. According to my daughter that is what they use in the labs for biology/chemistry because it has absolutely no nasties in it whatsoever. I also heard somewhere that methyl alcohol was better than Isopropyl but i do not know for sure - years ago when i worked in a hi fi shop we used Methyl in the KMAL machine.

Do not overdo the alcohol there is a lot on the internet about it if you search - i would not do more than a 2 parts alcohol to 8 parts water as the alcahol can be damaging over time if the mixture is too strong.

Thanks for the tip about the photographic wetting agent sounds to be a brilliant addition.

I bought an okki nokki cleaning machine on ebay for just over 300 and its brill. I also use a microfibre cloth rested on for a few turns to make sure the LP is totally dry.
    uzzy recommends an ear wash as being the cheapest upgrade many can make in improving audio reproduction.

Banned
    Real Name
     scott
    Turn Table
     Artemis SA1
    T/Arm & Cart
     Conductor Musicmaker
    Digital Source 1
     Marantz UD9004
    DAC
     dared EF-99
    Speakers
     Usher Be10
    Pre Amp
     Dared T9
    Power Amp
     Dared T300PP
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    mate has a Moth Rcm he is selling if still required

Wammer
    Real Name
     As above
    Turn Table
     Turns
    T/Arm & Cart
     Transcribe
    SUT/Phono
     Equalises
    Digital Source 1
     Spins silver discs
    DAC
     Converts
    Speakers
     Speak
    Pre Amp
     Attenuates, switches
    Power Amp
     Amplify
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    mate has a Moth Rcm he is selling if still required
    ...and on the theme of returning to the OP, try speaking with Terry at Loricraft in Lambourn. He sometimes has ex-demo cleaners for sale. I have one myself and would recommend it. Squeaky clean results - no blades and no static.

Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     Gyro SE Oyaide MJ-12
    T/Arm & Cart
     Jelco 750 AT33EV/OC9
    SUT/Phono
     Icon Audio ps 1.2
    Digital Source 1
     C.A. SM6/Alva NF
    Digital Source 2
     Oppo BDP103D/dab500
    DAC
     C.A. SM6 + 5 more
    Integrated Amp
     M.F. x-can v8 AKG272
    Speakers
     X.T.Z. 99.36piano ii
    Pre Amp
     M.F. A1 fbp
    Power Amp
     XTZ AP100
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Not really sure of the point you're making here Kevin.....given that Alan the op has asked many of the subsequent points being discussed

Given that he's baulked at the price of a new vacuum type R.C.M. & is enquiring re S/hand ones & has subseqently bought a Spin Clean.....I doubt even a S/hand Loricraft would b enticing as the price would still likely b rather high. As has already been discussed...other vacuum R.CM.'s i.e Moth that use a carbon fibre brush & vacuum arm...not blade ...do not in themselves cause static, this is far more likely to be an environmental factor...I myself get none despite using a prolonged cleaning cycle which I've found to give better results.

Whilst I agree that Loricraft/K.M. are lovely things & are undoubtedly v. high quality & nice things to own....I'm unsure of the point you are trying to make here as I don't really see how if used proficiently you can't do an equally good job using other mfrs offerings, such as my Moth Pro RCM(self modded) with which I can bring even totally crudded up vinyl up to scratch wiv just one cleaning cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    ...and on the theme of returning to the OP, try speaking with Terry at Loricraft in Lambourn. He sometimes has ex-demo cleaners for sale. I have one myself and would recommend it. Squeaky clean results - no blades and no static.
    Last edited by vacdac; 13-06-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Wammer
    Real Name
     As above
    Turn Table
     Turns
    T/Arm & Cart
     Transcribe
    SUT/Phono
     Equalises
    Digital Source 1
     Spins silver discs
    DAC
     Converts
    Speakers
     Speak
    Pre Amp
     Attenuates, switches
    Power Amp
     Amplify
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Chris -

In the Original Post, the postee asked:

"Anyone have a decent record cleaning machine they want to part with?"

I have addressed this question.

If he or anyone else thinks a plastic bucket with alcohol and wetting agent is *decent*, that's his and their prerogative.

Show me where in my post I suggest that your beloved Moth causes static. You seem to be remarkably sensitive to a non existent slur on your own choice of RCM.

Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     Gyro SE Oyaide MJ-12
    T/Arm & Cart
     Jelco 750 AT33EV/OC9
    SUT/Phono
     Icon Audio ps 1.2
    Digital Source 1
     C.A. SM6/Alva NF
    Digital Source 2
     Oppo BDP103D/dab500
    DAC
     C.A. SM6 + 5 more
    Integrated Amp
     M.F. x-can v8 AKG272
    Speakers
     X.T.Z. 99.36piano ii
    Pre Amp
     M.F. A1 fbp
    Power Amp
     XTZ AP100
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Kevn,

You seemed to be suggesting the subsequent discussion points were digressing from the o.p. & you were were somehow riding in on your"White Charger" & saving the day whereas you were pointing him at an ex dem retail item, likely to be rather pricey & quite possibly not even available...so not even "answering the op at all really here you are re. your denial!!..."Squeaky clean results - no blades and no static." quite clearly seems to be inferring other types of R.C.M. do cause static & what are these blades you're on about...huh?, & whats wrong with someone making their own cleaning formulation? , these are well documented & I see no reason they shouldn't work extremely well ! I was fairly complimentary re your Loricraft....not really massively concerned that you seem to be being rude about mine, if that helps fill in "your Playtime"...fine .....the only thing I objected to was the disinformation & utter nonsense

Chris -

In the Original Post, the postee asked:

"Anyone have a decent record cleaning machine they want to part with?"

I have addressed this question.

If he or anyone else thinks a plastic bucket with alcohol and wetting agent is *decent*, that's his and their prerogative.

Show me where in my post I suggest that your beloved Moth causes static. You seem to be remarkably sensitive to a non existent slur on your own choice of RCM.
    Last edited by vacdac; 14-06-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Wammer
    Real Name
     As above
    Turn Table
     Turns
    T/Arm & Cart
     Transcribe
    SUT/Phono
     Equalises
    Digital Source 1
     Spins silver discs
    DAC
     Converts
    Speakers
     Speak
    Pre Amp
     Attenuates, switches
    Power Amp
     Amplify
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Kevn,

You seemed to be suggesting the subsequent discussion points were digressing from the o.p. & you were were somehow riding in on your"White Charger" & saving the day whereas you were pointing him at an ex dem retail item, likely to be rather pricey & quite possibly not even available...so not even "answering the op at all really here you are re. your denial!!..."Squeaky clean results - no blades and no static." quite clearly seems to be inferring other types of R.C.M. do cause static & what are these blades you're on about...huh?, & whats wrong with someone making their own cleaning formulation? , these are well documented & I see no reason they shouldn't work extremely well ! I was fairly complimentary re your Loricraft....not really massively concerned that you seem to be being rude about mine, if that helps fill in "your Playtime"...fine .....the only thing I objected to was the disinformation & utter nonsense

Some days are just not good days for you, are they Chris?

Take a chill pill and stop overreacting.

hup two three four wammer
    Real Name
     James
    Turn Table
     still old and black
    T/Arm & Cart
     yup
    SUT/Phono
     Yes indeed
    Digital Source 1
     Runs Windows 7/64
    DAC
     AN 4.1x sig
    Speakers
     AN-E
    Pre Amp
     SJS
    Power Amp
     Tron
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Scott, methinks you must clear your inbox.

Banned
    Real Name
     scott
    Turn Table
     Artemis SA1
    T/Arm & Cart
     Conductor Musicmaker
    Digital Source 1
     Marantz UD9004
    DAC
     dared EF-99
    Speakers
     Usher Be10
    Pre Amp
     Dared T9
    Power Amp
     Dared T300PP
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    inbox cleared

Real Name
     Chris
    Turn Table
     Gyro SE Oyaide MJ-12
    T/Arm & Cart
     Jelco 750 AT33EV/OC9
    SUT/Phono
     Icon Audio ps 1.2
    Digital Source 1
     C.A. SM6/Alva NF
    Digital Source 2
     Oppo BDP103D/dab500
    DAC
     C.A. SM6 + 5 more
    Integrated Amp
     M.F. x-can v8 AKG272
    Speakers
     X.T.Z. 99.36piano ii
    Pre Amp
     M.F. A1 fbp
    Power Amp
     XTZ AP100
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Lol, love that you have such great insight into my psyche Can't see how I'm overreacting when I'm merely offering a rebuttal to some clear lack of veracity/wrongness in your statements.....as for your further obfuscation & sidestepping of the points I made/questions I asked of you.....well that's simply hilarious .....s'all just smoke & mirrors really tho' !!

Some days are just not good days for you, are they Chris?

Take a chill pill and stop overreacting.
    Lol

vacdac

Real Name
     Alan
    Turn Table
     Vpi Aries 3
    T/Arm & Cart
     Lyra Dorian
    SUT/Phono
     Groove + SRX
    Digital Source 1
     NuVista 3D..JS audio
    Digital Source 2
     M Fidelity A5 Tuner
    Integrated Amp
     NuVista M3..JS audio
    Speakers
     Guarneri Homage.
    Pre Amp
     Nakamichi DR3
    Power Amp
     Icon Audio Stereo 20
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Gonna try steam cleaning and a bath of home mix in the Antistat.Then hoover the residue of with a Henry Hoover...might be cheep but i am shure it will get the records pretty clean.

Real Name
     Charlie
    Turn Table
     BLACK LP12-Pro-Ject
    Digital Source 1
     Naim CD5i-CD7300
    Integrated Amp
     Naim5i-PM7200
    Speakers
     CV V15F-Kans
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Good practice = store-use suitably - nice water/Fairy liquid/carbon-fibre/nice J cloths etc to pat-dry. Sometimes a bit of suitably applied/removed isopropyl alcohol does biz.

OR buy overpriced bit of 'technology' to gouge out your (usually unless Monty Python MTAH) 2 grooves.

Does your record-cleaning machine need cleaning???
    'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind' (or pocket)...

Super dooper Wammer
    Real Name
     Lee
    Turn Table
     Acoustic solid soon!
    T/Arm & Cart
     on the way
    SUT/Phono
     Whest .20
    Digital Source 1
     Audio Analogue Maest
    DAC
     AA Maestro
    Integrated Amp
     AA Maestro
    Speakers
     Arcaydis AK3
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    The back and forth here does remind me of this....(scroll to the 2 mins mark and watch from there)
    just gotta get to the next get together!

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     Robin
    Turn Table
     clearaudio Innovatio
    T/Arm & Cart
     Phantom/ Lyra Atlas
    SUT/Phono
     Esoteric E-03
    Digital Source 1
     Nagra CDC
    Speakers
     Magico V2
    Pre Amp
     ARC Ref 5
    Power Amp
     darTZeel NHB 108
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    The Loricraft 'seconds' aren't substandard at all as far as I can see. They're not 'used' either, but do represent a saving over advertised list prices. (for anybody interested)
    This looks cool http://www.hannl-vinylcleaner.com/en/?page=aragon_el
    Last edited by monya; 16-06-2012 at 06:21 AM.