Pre Amp
     In speakers
    Power Amp
     Class D ICEpower
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Using either the dCS (on lower voltage) or the Opus 21 connected directly to my Audiozone AMP-2’s I experienced a noticeable “hiss” when putting my ear to my Audio Physics Virgo III. This could only be heard literally when you pressed your ear against a couple of inches away from the tweeters...and sometimes an audible click would occur when turning the light switch off in the adjacent room (Kitchen)

Since introducing the pre-T1 from Audiozone there is a significant reduction is noise...no more Clicking/pop from the light switch and the close up “hiss” has now completely disappeared!

When returning to the direct route the “hiss” comes back....anyone explain why...??!

Luckily the Pre is the way forward as i’m borrowing one due to a long lead time and is a necessity when I finally get the X03-SE on Friday..:dude:

Wammer

Post imported post

The Pre might utilize a different bias network which eliminates the hiss. (very possible)

Also maybe better grounding through the pre...

Audio is a strange phenomean in its own right!
    Perfection cant ever be achieved. It is an illusion driving us forward into the future with no end in sight.

Wammer

Post imported post

opusover21 wrote:
    I experienced a noticeable “hiss” when putting my ear to my Audio Physics Virgo III. This could only be heard literally when you pressed your ear against a couple of inches away from the tweeters...

magic it does not matter, some valve ampwith speakers of 94db 2.83 volts @ one meter make a lot of "HISS" but in the listening postion, you can not hear it so who cares

John Peel was known to comment on noise "Listen, mate, life has surface noise".

Post imported post

Davewhityetagain wrote:
    [b]John Peel was known to comment on noise "Listen, mate, life has surface noise".
    That's a great quote.