Epiphany Acoustics Evolution Audio  Audio Emotion 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55
  1. #1
    Super Wammer age136's Avatar
    Join Date
     Jul 2008
    Posts
     1,989
    Location
     plymouth
    Real Name
     Adrian
    Digital Source 1
     Rega Dac
    Speakers
     Leema Xeros
    Pre Amp
     Rega Cursa 3
    Power Amp
     Rega Exon 3s
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

    Q Acoustics Concept 20

    Did any of the show goers on here get a chance to see or even listen to these little standmounters ?
    http://www.qacoustics.co.uk/q-acoustics-concept-20.htm

    They look like they might be real giant killers.
    "Eat food, drink liquids, shite in a bog."
    Cloth-Ears

  2. #2
    Wammer
    Join Date
     May 2006
    Posts
     969
    Location
     Hebden Bridge
    Real Name
     Andy
    Turn Table
     Garr 301/401
    T/Arm & Cart
     PU7/AT33 & 3012/SPU
    SUT/Phono
     Puresund T10 / P10
    Digital Source 1
     Meridian 506.24
    Digital Source 2
     Squeezebox Touch
    DAC
     Teac UD - H01
    Speakers
     Tannoy GRF Memory
    Pre Amp
     Glasshouse TVC
    Power Amp
     Glasshouse/Quad 306
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I have just bought Loosends pair of Q Acoustics 1010 which have just arrived here, and I can honestly say I am completely amazed at how good they are.

  3. #3
    Super Wammer age136's Avatar
    Join Date
     Jul 2008
    Posts
     1,989
    Location
     plymouth
    Real Name
     Adrian
    Digital Source 1
     Rega Dac
    Speakers
     Leema Xeros
    Pre Amp
     Rega Cursa 3
    Power Amp
     Rega Exon 3s
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I know they have a good reputaion at the budget end , and from what i've read on here Gromits ( i think ) system with q acoustics in had excellent reviews at scalford.
    The concept 20s have a rrp of 350 plus 200 for the matching stands . Be interesting to read a proper review on them . Hopefully on here!
    "Eat food, drink liquids, shite in a bog."
    Cloth-Ears

  4. #4
    In it for the money Tons of Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
     Apr 2006
    Posts
     3,487
    Location
     Concrete cow funland
    Real Name
     Ed
    Turn Table
     Gyrodec/Ingenium
    T/Arm & Cart
     Many
    SUT/Phono
     Avid Pellar
    Digital Source 1
     Naim ND5 XS/XP5 XS
    Digital Source 2
     DacMagic 100
    Integrated Amp
     Naim SUPERNAIT 2
    Speakers
     Neat Momentum 4i
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     Yes
    I'm being sent a pair on Friday. I'm rather looking forward to them.
    The saddest day of your life isn't when you decide to sell out. The saddest day of your life is when you decide to sell out and nobody wants to buy.

  5. #5
    Super Wammer age136's Avatar
    Join Date
     Jul 2008
    Posts
     1,989
    Location
     plymouth
    Real Name
     Adrian
    Digital Source 1
     Rega Dac
    Speakers
     Leema Xeros
    Pre Amp
     Rega Cursa 3
    Power Amp
     Rega Exon 3s
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Look forward to hearing your thoughts on them Ed.
    From the pictures i've seen of them on the matching stands if they sound half as good as they look they should be crackers.
    "Eat food, drink liquids, shite in a bog."
    Cloth-Ears

  6. #6
    Super Wammer Gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
     Nov 2006
    Posts
     3,856
    Location
     Yellowbellyshire
    Real Name
     Richard
    Turn Table
     Sony PS-6750
    T/Arm & Cart
     Benz Micro ACE SL
    SUT/Phono
     Rega Aria
    Digital Source 1
     MacBook
    Digital Source 2
     Sony CDP-X303ES
    DAC
     TEAC UDH-01
    Integrated Amp
     Sonneteer Campion
    Speakers
     Royd Sapphire
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tons of Fun View Post
    I'm being sent a pair on Friday. I'm rather looking forward to them.
    Excellent - will be interested to read of what you think of them.

    I love the little 2010i's - they do need a fair bit of running in (they sound slighty dim-witted, flabby and slow when fresh out of the box) and IME respond well to plenty of current from an amp with well-damped bass. I've had mine on the end of 4 different amps now, and each time the amp has got bigger, the little Q's have improved.

  7. #7
    Everything is awesome.... freefallrob's Avatar
    Join Date
     Jun 2008
    Posts
     7,138
    Location
     Derbyshire
    Turn Table
     SL1200MK2
    T/Arm & Cart
     RB301/Rega Bias 2
    SUT/Phono
     Rega Fono Mk2
    Digital Source 1
     Philips CD850
    Integrated Amp
     NAD C326BEE
    Speakers
     MS10i Pearl
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    They look very interesting indeed, look forward to reading and hearing them!

  8. #8
    Super Wammer Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
     Sep 2005
    Posts
     2,306
    Location
     In your town
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I would also be interested to hear opinions on these.

    Now that my Obelisks are gone, I am temporarily running my Q 2010i (taken from my home cinema setup) with my Krell FPB300 and the results are shockingly good! (It helps that the 2010i are on Target R2 stands).

    I must post a pic: 9k power amp with 120 speakers

    Lefty

  9. #9
    Everything is awesome.... freefallrob's Avatar
    Join Date
     Jun 2008
    Posts
     7,138
    Location
     Derbyshire
    Turn Table
     SL1200MK2
    T/Arm & Cart
     RB301/Rega Bias 2
    SUT/Phono
     Rega Fono Mk2
    Digital Source 1
     Philips CD850
    Integrated Amp
     NAD C326BEE
    Speakers
     MS10i Pearl
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Hehe, I can see a Wigwam group power buy on Q Acoustics speakers!

    I'm currently using some little Mordaunt Short MS10i (Pearl I think), I think they are terrific.
    Last edited by freefallrob; 20-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.

  10. #10
    Super Wammer
    Join Date
     Oct 2006
    Posts
     2,548
    Location
     Wirral
    Real Name
     James
    Digital Source 1
     WaveIO
    Digital Source 2
     Pure i20
    DAC
     DIY ES9023
    Integrated Amp
     Campion
    Speakers
     Troels W15+OW1
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    damn tempted to get some 2020i and a denon dm39 dab thingy and just be done with it!

  11. #11
    Everything is awesome.... freefallrob's Avatar
    Join Date
     Jun 2008
    Posts
     7,138
    Location
     Derbyshire
    Turn Table
     SL1200MK2
    T/Arm & Cart
     RB301/Rega Bias 2
    SUT/Phono
     Rega Fono Mk2
    Digital Source 1
     Philips CD850
    Integrated Amp
     NAD C326BEE
    Speakers
     MS10i Pearl
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by James Evans View Post
    damn tempted to get some 2020i and a denon dm39 dab thingy and just be done with it!
    I bet your not the only one

  12. #12
    Super Wammer Gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
     Nov 2006
    Posts
     3,856
    Location
     Yellowbellyshire
    Real Name
     Richard
    Turn Table
     Sony PS-6750
    T/Arm & Cart
     Benz Micro ACE SL
    SUT/Phono
     Rega Aria
    Digital Source 1
     MacBook
    Digital Source 2
     Sony CDP-X303ES
    DAC
     TEAC UDH-01
    Integrated Amp
     Sonneteer Campion
    Speakers
     Royd Sapphire
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I would also be interested to hear opinions on these.

    Now that my Obelisks are gone, I am temporarily running my Q 2010i (taken from my home cinema setup) with my Krell FPB300 and the results are shockingly good! (It helps that the 2010i are on Target R2 stands).

    I must post a pic: 9k power amp with 120 speakers

    Lefty
    Excellent.

    As I'm so happy with the 2010i's, I've been toying with the idea of getting a pair of 2020i's to try but after a long listening sesh yesterday afternoon (with just me in the house so could crank things up hurrah!) the little ones just integrate so well in the room I'm loath to risk upsetting the balance.

    Think it might be time to go cartridge/phonostage shopping instead.

  13. #13
    Wammer
    Join Date
     Apr 2012
    Posts
     150
    Location
     London
    Digital Source 1
     Squeezebox Touch
    DAC
     Beresford Caiman
    Speakers
     B&W 602
    Pre Amp
     Croft Micro 25
    Power Amp
     Quad 909
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by James Evans View Post
    damn tempted to get some 2020i and a denon dm39 dab thingy and just be done with it!
    Heard them together and sounded crap, given the recent comments on the Q's I can only imagine they need a bit of juice to do them justice.

  14. #14
    Super Wammer Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
     Sep 2005
    Posts
     2,306
    Location
     In your town
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    As I'm so happy with the 2010i's, I've been toying with the idea of getting a pair of 2020i's to try but after a long listening sesh yesterday afternoon (with just me in the house so could crank things up hurrah!) the little ones just integrate so well in the room I'm loath to risk upsetting the balance.
    That's exactly the situation I'm in at present - trying to resist the temptation to 'improve' the system with 2020i

    Another dilemma is that the Krell will be departing soon (going back to its original owner) so am trying to figure out what will replace it and if the 'magic' will go with it. I've just hooked up my standby amp (a Marantz PM6010KI) and the sound has deflated somewhat Still tonally very nice, but the snap, least edge definition and involvement has reduced.

    Despite their low price tag, these title 2010i are real divas! They don't get out of bed for cheap amplification!

    Question is do I retain the Krell just to drive a pair of 120 Richer Sounds specials?

    Lefty

  15. #15
    Super Wammer Gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
     Nov 2006
    Posts
     3,856
    Location
     Yellowbellyshire
    Real Name
     Richard
    Turn Table
     Sony PS-6750
    T/Arm & Cart
     Benz Micro ACE SL
    SUT/Phono
     Rega Aria
    Digital Source 1
     MacBook
    Digital Source 2
     Sony CDP-X303ES
    DAC
     TEAC UDH-01
    Integrated Amp
     Sonneteer Campion
    Speakers
     Royd Sapphire
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post

    Despite their low price tag, these title 2010i are real divas! They don't get out of bed for cheap amplification!

    Question is do I retain the Krell just to drive a pair of 120 Richer Sounds specials?

    Lefty
    I've found they need a little bit of owner participation too to get the best out of them - getting their positioning right took quite some time, but they're so revealing they soon let you know when things are right. Amp-wise, my dad uses a pair of 2010i's (the first pair I bought for him, to swap for his ProAcs) with a clamshell Brio and whilst they sound ok, they really don't sing anywhere near the same as they do on the end of my big Sony amp. The Q's are just too much for the Rega.

    Peter Empson at Deco Audio (who sells the whole Q range) had been raving about them for some time and as usual he's come up trumps in recommending these.

  16. #16
    Super Wammer
    Join Date
     Jan 2009
    Posts
     1,058
    Location
     Hants
    Real Name
     scott
    Digital Source 1
     SBT x 2
    Digital Source 2
     Marantz/Denon
    DAC
     M1/RDac/Havana
    Integrated Amp
     AI/Sugden/Myryad
    Speakers
     Opera/Castle/AVI
    A nice big smooth Jap Amp Lefty.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    That's exactly the situation I'm in at present - trying to resist the temptation to 'improve' the system with 2020i

    Another dilemma is that the Krell will be departing soon (going back to its original owner) so am trying to figure out what will replace it and if the 'magic' will go with it. I've just hooked up my standby amp (a Marantz PM6010KI) and the sound has deflated somewhat Still tonally very nice, but the snap, least edge definition and involvement has reduced.

    Despite their low price tag, these title 2010i are real divas! They don't get out of bed for cheap amplification!

    Question is do I retain the Krell just to drive a pair of 120 Richer Sounds specials?

    Lefty

  17. #17
    Wammer Neilb's Avatar
    Join Date
     Jun 2007
    Posts
     1,653
    Location
     Selhurst, Croydon,
    Real Name
     Neil
    Turn Table
     Pro-Ject RPM 9.1
    T/Arm & Cart
     9cc Evo/2M Black
    SUT/Phono
     Project Tube Box1
    Digital Source 1
     Marantz SA-11S1
    Digital Source 2
     MF XRAY
    Integrated Amp
     MF KW550/BowWazooXL
    Speakers
     PROAC D15/PMC G&FB1
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I was also oggling these the other day. I like the dedicated stands. Nicely conceived and designed.
    I\'m gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

  18. #18
    Super Wammer Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
     Sep 2005
    Posts
     2,306
    Location
     In your town
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    The Q's are just too much for the Rega.
    Do you think it's an outright power thing, or is there more to it than that? I ask because I am looking at replacements for the Krell and am wondering whether something like a Sugden A21a or Puresound A10 would be man enough for the task.

    Peter Empson at Deco Audio (who sells the whole Q range) had been raving about them for some time and as usual he's come up trumps in recommending these.
    Tell me about it. The man has a great pair of ears. Listening to his recommendations has always resulted in a successful and fantastic sounding system.

    Lefty

  19. #19
    Super Wammer
    Join Date
     Feb 2013
    Posts
     502
    Location
     South Wales & London
    Turn Table
     Rega
    SUT/Phono
     Audio Note
    Digital Source 1
     PC, PS3 & TV
    DAC
     Modded Jolida
    Speakers
     Living Voice
    Pre Amp
     Audio Note
    Power Amp
     LV modded Art Audio
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    I preferred the CA S30's to these..

  20. #20
    Super Wammer age136's Avatar
    Join Date
     Jul 2008
    Posts
     1,989
    Location
     plymouth
    Real Name
     Adrian
    Digital Source 1
     Rega Dac
    Speakers
     Leema Xeros
    Pre Amp
     Rega Cursa 3
    Power Amp
     Rega Exon 3s
    Headphones
     
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Do you think it's an outright power thing, or is there more to it than that? I ask because I am looking at replacements for the Krell and am wondering whether something like a Sugden A21a or Puresound A10 would be man enough for the task.
    Was wondering the same thing myself . Whether my A30 would suit the Concept 20s.
    "Eat food, drink liquids, shite in a bog."
    Cloth-Ears

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •