Audio Emotion Evolution Audio Epiphany Acoustics 
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Can anybody tell me how you could use a Jensen 4 pole capacitor in an application that only needs to use 2 of the poles? Is it that 2 are positive and 2 negative, if so could you just bridge the 2 positive together and likewise the negative and then use as one of each. Or just use one of the negative and one of the positive and leave the other tags alone.

Thanks

[align=center]
    [/align]

Wammer
    Real Name
     Rob
    Turn Table
     Rega P 2.5
    Digital Source 1
     Sony PS1
    Integrated Amp
     Pass Labs F2
    Speakers
     Fostex Horns
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

What is the orientation of the pins ?

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Don't know I haven't bought any yet just gathering info.

Price Discovery Bitch i_should_coco's Avatar
    Real Name
     Coco-san
    Turn Table
     Voyd Reference
    T/Arm & Cart
     AN Arm-3/Io Ltd.
    SUT/Phono
     AN S9/DIY LCR
    Digital Source 1
     Laptop/JRiver
    DAC
     Nadja
    Integrated Amp
     Disintegrated maybe
    Speakers
     Landfill Olympians
    Pre Amp
     Nadja DSP
    Power Amp
     Mainly borrowed
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Unless the extra terminals are just for show, then yes, you can connect the positives together and the negatives together. If they are just for show, then there's no point.
    CD players - computer audio for dummies.

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     James
    Digital Source 1
     WaveIO
    Digital Source 2
     Pure i20
    DAC
     DIY ES9023
    Integrated Amp
     Campion
    Speakers
     Troels W15+OW1
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

I'd check the datasheet and see what the pin configuration is. If they're like the BHC T-nets then there is a good reason for the 4 terminals. I've never used them, but I think you connect one set of terminals to the psu side and another to the load side.

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

James Evans wrote:
    I'd check the datasheet and see what the pin configuration is. If they're like the BHC T-nets then there is a good reason for the 4 terminals. I've never used them, but I think you connect one set of terminals to the psu side and another to the load side.
    Thanks for your useful comment. This should answer it.

What is a Jensen[/b] 4[/b]-pole[/b] electrolytic[/b] capacitor? And please tell me more about them in detail....
    A Jensen[/b] 4[/b]-pole[/b] electrolytic[/b] capacitor is a very high performance capacitor with extremely low inductance, for high frequency output filtering and for energy storage circuits in high end audio equipments.

No matter how fast the amplifiers signal processing circuits are, you cannot utilize that speed if your power supply is too slow to follow rapid signal changes. The power supply's reservoir capacitor constitutes a vital element in the amplifier chain effecting the signals on the main signal paths as well, because the most power amplifiers reservoir is conceptually placed in series with the loudspeaker line.

The main issue is not only that the capacitor can give you enough charge and quickly enough, but the attenuation of the power supply toward the amplifier. In spite of the fact that the audio band is nominally 20-20 kHz, the stability of the amplifier and the overall sound quality is strongly influenced by reservoir capacitor behaviour at very high frequencies.

The function of the reservoir capacitor is not only to store energy, but also filtering, providing decoupling between the power supply and the amplifiers signal processing circuits. However the capacitors filtering characteristic plays a very important role in decoupling and suppressing unwanted transients and other i.e. digital high frequency noises.

The very low transfer impedance value at higher frequencies make the Jensen[/b] four pole capacitor applicable also in other high frequency and digital signal handling equipments and circuits as preamplifiers, A/D and D/A converters, switched mode power supplies etc

The four pole electrolytic[/b] capacitors have other additional advantages, which are especially useful for reservoir capacitors in high end amplifiers. If you use a two terminal, two pole capacitor the entire AC and all noises coming from the power supply appear on the capacitor and are sent toward the high frequency signal path, disturbing the load because of the common resistive and inductive parts which force the input and the output together electrically.

All these disturbances can be avoided by using a four terminal capacitor construction, where the AC on the input terminal is decoupled from the load. The inductances and resistances coming from the lead to foil connections (tab foils) form an advantageous filter circuit which attenuation increases with frequency. As a consequence of the damping/suppressive effect of this inherent LR filtering, often a single four pole capacitor can replace a complicated filter arrangement. This can bring a very significant savings!!

All in all, these capacitors bring the very best in peformance to digital/analog power supplies that we've heard to date!!

Super Wammer
    Real Name
     James
    Digital Source 1
     WaveIO
    Digital Source 2
     Pure i20
    DAC
     DIY ES9023
    Integrated Amp
     Campion
    Speakers
     Troels W15+OW1
    In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

that'll be the one - they are supposed to be very good, as are the t-nets - a noticable step up in performance. Never used them myself as they are also very expensive...

I'm a cold Italian pizza Professor Chaos's Avatar
    Real Name
     Kelley
    Turn Table
     Well Tempered
    T/Arm & Cart
     ATechnica 150MLX
    SUT/Phono
     Jolida JD9
    Digital Source 1
     47Labs 4716Shigaraki
    DAC
     47Labs 4715Shigaraki
    Speakers
     B&W DM12 modified
    Pre Amp
     Array A-1
    Power Amp
     Crimson 630D Monos
    Headphones

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

And if you play Defender, I can be your hyperspace.

In the Hi-Fi industry?
     No

Post imported post

Professor Chaos wrote: Cool nice one