TEAC, one of Japan’s best known hi-fi brands, has introduced a new entry-level, belt-drive turntable that won’t break the bank… the £249.99 TN-200
TN-200 Key Features:
• Belt-drive turntable
• Built-in MM (Moving Magnet) phono stage with USB output
• Phono, line, and USB outputs
• High-performance MM cartridge included
• Easy transfer music from vinyl to Mac or PC over USB
• Aluminum die-cast platter
• Anti-skating design
• Dense composite wood construction for better vibration and resonance control
• 2-speed (33-45RPM)
• Stylish flat black chassis
The TN-200 (available in any colour you like as long as it’s black) includes a built-in preamp providing line-outs and a USB out for connection to almost any hi-fi or audio system. The USB output can also be used in conjunction with recording software to archive your vinyl collection or add it to your mobile playlist.
The belt drive motor on the TN-200 reduces vibration for sweeter, more accurate sound than DJ direct-drive turntables. An aluminum die-cast platter and anti-skating system provide a solid foundation for great-sounding playback. The high-performance, upgradable MM cartridge captures every detail on your record, and the static balanced straight tone arm ensures clean playback. It’s all housed in a handsome case with a flat black finish to fit any décor.
£249.99, available now.