Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have a commercial quality Xerox laser A3 / A4 printer and am happy to print door posters for Wammers FOC.

Simply PM me with a pdf of your design, state whether you would like it A4 or A3 and then come to room 216 to collect on Saturday.

Whats not to like (I hope) ?

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers Nick.

Will try and design something over the weekend. 

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers Nick.

Will try and design something over the weekend. 
Do you have to design somehting or can you cobble togehter any old tat and use that ?

Great offer Lurch I amy well look to doing something along the lines of the above .

raphaelsamad

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2006
Hampshire
AKA
Raphael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Nick,

I hope that you are able do a Door Poster for me.

I have just pm'd you and sent you my pdf file for an A3 print out.

Many thanks - I definitely owe you a pint for this.

Raphael, Room 5

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi Nick,

I hope that you are able do a Door Poster for me.

I have just pm'd you and sent you my pdf file.

Many thanks - I definitely owe you a pint for this.

Raphael, Room 5
PM received and the poster is perfect. Come and collect from room 216 on Saturday. I should be around mid afternoon but if not I will leave them just outside the room door.

Nick

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Morning Nick

Sorry I have used Powerpoint to make my Door Poster and I cannot find any way to convert this to PDF format . If I sent you the Powerpoint copy can you print from that ?

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Morning Nick

Sorry I have used Powerpoint to make my Door Poster and I cannot find any way to convert this to PDF format . If I sent you the Powerpoint copy can you print from that ?
I can print from Powerpoint but dont forget to embed fonts if you have used any 'special' ones.

Alternatively, just go to the 'file' pull down menu, then 'export', and you should have an option for pdf.

Anyway, send me something and I can probably get on with it OK. I had a few years working in graphic design so I am used to all sorts of files being flung at me.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Nick

After your easy as pie instructions have sent you a PDF by PM . Thank you for all your help .

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another way to produce a pdf from PowerPoint, Word or whatever is to “print” it. When the print box comes up asking about page range, two-sided etc, there should be a box at the bottom saying pdf. This allows you to save as a pdf what is basically a print image, embedded fonts and all. This is on a Mac.

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Another way to produce a pdf from PowerPoint, Word or whatever is to “print” it. When the print box comes up asking about page range, two-sided etc, there should be a box at the bottom saying pdf. This allows you to save as a pdf what is basically a print image, embedded fonts and all. This is on a Mac.
Yeah, or he could just do what I suggested in the first place which is to export as a pdf which does all the font stuff automatically. The need to embed fonts is only when sending a PowerPoint file to another user or computer. The export as pdf option in Word is a menu in 'save as'. :D

Reactions: greybeard

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yeah, or he could just do what I suggested in the first place which is to export as a pdf which does all the font stuff automatically. The need to embed fonts is only when sending a PowerPoint file to another user or computer. The export as pdf option in Word is a menu in 'save as'. :D
What he said !

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yeah, or he could just do what I suggested in the first place which is to export as a pdf which does all the font stuff automatically. The need to embed fonts is only when sending a PowerPoint file to another user or computer. The export as pdf option in Word is a menu in 'save as'. [emoji3]
Same difference. Same result. Same ease of use. Same number of steps. Ok?

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Same difference. Same result. Same ease of use. Same number of steps. Ok?
Well, not quite because the printer route to a pdf takes information from the printer set up in terms of paper size, orientation and indeed sometimes whether it is converted to RGB or CMYK etc whereas the export function doesn't.

ie not always the same result and sometimes more steps if the default printer set up requires changing.

• Upvote
Reactions: Maverick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.