Hard working slacker
Wammer Plus
Jan 5, 2006
deepest S.London, ,
AKA
erm... guess
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm glad its gone well... despite the weather. 

Already looking forward to the next one :)  

G

HiFiWigwam said:
I was also amazed at how many new visitors their were, which only bodes well for the future.
Nicely done sir, I really did enjoy the show, even Amy (my daughter) enjoyed it, and she is the future  ;) .

iquadius

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2011
Bangor NI
AKA
Mike
I'd like to take this opportunity now that my hands have thawed out to say a big thank you for the warm welcome shown by so many to my friend Clive and myself. The welcome received even on the Saturday evening (despite a certain score line) made the effort of biking over from Northern Ireland very worth while. We enjoyed the whole experience tremendously and I reckon it has cemented our desire to exhibit ourselves sometime and show you all what we have been up to DIY wise as well. 

I'd to thank every one involved, organisers and exhibitor alike, I think you need to be there to appreciate the huge commitment involved, we take our proverbial hats off to each and every one of you.

Finally a more personal thank you to Raphael and his wife Sally (not sure of his wammer moniker) also to Jeff and Chris (Oldius and Son) for their extended hospitality and sheer good company throughout the weekend, it was very much appreciated.

'til we meet again.

Thank You

Mike and Clive

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Really enjoyed my time with your system Rick...  was a nice musical haven after the missus went to bed early early on Saturday night. You even put up with my music for a long while. Hope the CD player is an easy cheap fix... 
I really enjoyed your tunes mate. I'd have told you if I didn't. :D

Don't know what's up with the player yet, but it will breath again. I've got other bits that have been shelved since it's arrival over 2 years ago so it's time for an airing until the Opus is repaired.

G

Thanks also to you Rick for doing the spreadsheet amendments  :^

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks also to you Rick for doing the spreadsheet amendments  :^
No problem. Shame it didn't work out for me. The number of people that asked what my TT was because it clearly wasn't a Hyperspace  :D

Then I had to tell each and every visitor why it wasn't a Hyperspace. :D

The Reel BBC

Audio Pro
New Wammer
Aug 1, 2017
Reading
AKA
Philip Rutkowski
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had every intention of spending time in your room with that superb setup, sadly I only managed to get a 10 minute break thanks to @Bazzer , so I failed with you and many others. Glad we got to have a catch up on the Saturday night though.
It's good to have seen you, at least you got a glimpse of the machines... There's always next year for a good listen ;-)

Reactions: bandit pilot

occasional thinker

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2009
Steel City
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Everyone........

.....  for the music

in particular , @Maverick (Hunky Dory , whole album) , @greybeard (Oasis - Champagne Super Nova ) , @occasional thinker ( Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker , whole album ) , @bandit pilot (Bowie - Heroes ) and last but not least @rmsshipbroker , @robin (FGTH - Relax , 12inches  ;)  )  :rockin:
You were very welcome Barry, it's a great album, and I was happy to listen to it and chat while assembling my "speaker stands" (Ikea Jokkmokk stools). Talking of assembly, the amp that I had hoped to bring will get built... didn't quite make it for this year, but I do need to reclaim the dining room carpet:

Amp bits.jpg

Reactions: Bazzer

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I'd like to take this opportunity now that my hands have thawed out to say a big thank you for the warm welcome shown by so many to my friend Clive and myself. The welcome received even on the Saturday evening (despite a certain score line) made the effort of biking over from Northern Ireland very worth while. We enjoyed the whole experience tremendously and I reckon it has cemented our desire to exhibit ourselves sometime and show you all what we have been up to DIY wise as well. 
I'd to thank every one involved, organisers and exhibitor alike, I think you need to be there to appreciate the huge commitment involved, we take our proverbial hats off to each and every one of you.
Finally a more personal thank you to Raphael and his wife Sally (not sure of his wammer moniker) also to Jeff and Chris (Oldius and Son) for their extended hospitality and sheer good company throughout the weekend, it was very much appreciated.
'til we meet again.
Thank You
Mike and Clive
It was our pleasure. So nice to meet people who share our impeccable taste!

rdf

fraud
Wammer
Mar 10, 2010
Sheffield
AKA
Robert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just finished setting the gear back up at home. Everything appears to have survived the journey and the judgement.

I didn't get to hear all that much this year, but I did manage to pop next door for a quick blast of the reels and Rogers. Always my stars of the show.

I also loved Steve57's gear. Such subtlety from those monstrous cones! 

Thanks to everyone who lent a trolley, shared a pint, watched the gear, offered a lift with that, had a chat, played me their music, tolerated mine, or just poked their head round the door. No thanks to the weather, the shortness of the day, or the bloke who spent 20 minutes telling me his turntable was better than mine.

Biggest thanks, obvs, to the people who made it all happen. Roll on next year.

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

Radical Chap

New Wammer
Sep 25, 2017
Surrey
AKA
Nav
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just wanted to add my thanks to Peter, Danny and their team for a fabulous weekend albeit a little quieter than we'd all hoped.

It was good to meet up with everyone who exhibited and I'm thankful to those that managed to get to the venue and popped their heads in and sat and listened for a wee while on Sunday.

I had a great time until I wandered around some of the rooms and had to slink back to mine and lock the door! No, seriously, you guys rock, I absolutely enjoyed every system that I listened to, so thanks to you all for making a cold weekend an unforgettable one! 

I'm already looking forward to next year's Kegworth show.......

Steveparadox

Wammer
New Wammer
May 25, 2011
Derbyshire
AKA
Steve
I really enjoyed the show, as always. Had to make a couple of visits to Oldius and sons room. Those Yamaha’ are brilliant. Don’t think I heard a bad system. Nice to see Diverse Vinyl at the show. Now got another music shopping list following all the Shazams.  I didn’t expect to buy a new subwoofer while I was there though. 

Steve

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I really enjoyed the show, as always. Had to make a couple of visits to Oldius and sons room. Those Yamaha’ are brilliant. Don’t think I heard a bad system. Nice to see Diverse Vinyl at the show. Now got another music shopping list following all the Shazams.  I didn’t expect to buy a new subwoofer while I was there though. 

Steve
Steve,

That's really nice of you thank you. We have had some really nice feedback and it really is appreciated. The Yamahas have been recapped to original specification but they are so incredibly revealing that you have to get the rest of the system right. I have tried several amps, and I know people say they respond well to valves, but the Lentek is a superb match, providing the power and subtlety that the Yamaha's need. The Technics DAC provides an incredible signal and I have no intention of replacing any of my current gear: I have sold a stack of more expensive stuff to end up here. 

craigmclellan

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 17, 2011
Boston, Lincolnshire
AKA
Craig
If you are ever bored of the Technics DAC, I still want first refusal.

I don't know why I didn't pop in and have a listen of the system to be honest. I too don't run my pair of Yams on valves, but hearing my friend's Dad's Leak Stereo 20 on his NS1000s when we took it to him to be inspected/tested was quite an eye opener. Not enough of an eye opener for me to want to go down the valve route as I was very aware we were listening on completely different sources in an unusual room, but even so.

Good to have a quick chat with you towards the end of the show, too. 

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The Technics DAC is one I am blessed to own Craig. When I think that it is 23 years old and has blown away all the other DAC's I have had in my system, I really can appreciate the investment that Technics made at the time, trying to show the world what they could do, and producing, with the other Japanese companies, statement pieces that are still relevant today.

G

The Technics DAC is one I am blessed to own Craig. When I think that it is 23 years old and has blown away all the other DAC's I have had in my system, I really can appreciate the investment that Technics made at the time, trying to show the world what they could do, and producing, with the other Japanese companies, statement pieces that are still relevant today.
It sounded brilliant, it might even be my favourite  :^

Steveparadox

Wammer
New Wammer
May 25, 2011
Derbyshire
AKA
Steve
Steve,

That's really nice of you thank you. We have had some really nice feedback and it really is appreciated. The Yamahas have been recapped to original specification but they are so incredibly revealing that you have to get the rest of the system right. I have tried several amps, and I know people say they respond well to valves, but the Lentek is a superb match, providing the power and subtlety that the Yamaha's need. The Technics DAC provides an incredible signal and I have no intention of replacing any of my current gear: I have sold a stack of more expensive stuff to end up here. 
It was sounding very good. Made me smile suggesting Dire Straits and ending up with Crowded House. 

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
It was sounding very good. Made me smile suggesting Dire Straits and ending up with Crowded House. 
My apologies, Dire Straits are not up my alley but we got there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles