Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jeyes fluid is for External use Only, why the hell would you drink it? 
Because I like to feel clean and warm both inside and outside .

The vaccine is showing strong signs of preventing infection and so not carrying further infection as the numbers get larger we will have a better idea of what this will mean . As has been pointed out if you have have been vaccinated then you are not certain you will not catch Covid but your are sure that your infection and its effects on your system will be greatly reduced . So there is no real chance that you will die from attending the Wam Show unless you have the normal heart attack , kidney failure and fatigue from listening to awful music (you know who your are ) .

Please also remember that in theory the whole population will have been out from restrictions for over eight weeks by the time of the show so you will have more chance in that time than by the time of the show . For those really concerned by yourself a full face ppe mask and wear it .In that way you both fully protect yourself and others.

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We need to keep this in perspective. The vaccination is one of the most successful administered. So far there is data showing something like 65-70% prevention of transmission. And after 2 vaccinations well over 90% prevention of severe effects or death. The deaths figure was as good as it could be as no one died in the group given the vaccination but the number of deaths in the control group were small. So as most of the people there will be of a certain age then it is likely they will have had both vaccinations and have very high immunity. Also, everyone over 40 will have been offered vaccination by then. And of course there will be the summer effect as well.

What will build confidence will be the months beforehand where hospitalisations and deaths will be maintained at low rates, although there will still be cases. The key thing here is not all the above numbers and medical statements but the confidence the public have and whether they are confident going to shows. I suspect with some straightforward precautions (no hugging or kissing which is easy to follow :D ) and possible number restrictions per room and maybe masks, all should be good. The trick is to get the balance right between the very small potential and the great benefits. Hiding away for years will not be a good option.

Oh and down South here a friend who is a JP got himself trained and was happily giving out vaccinations. A volunteer. He did say his first injection was interesting but as a JP he rarely gives away his feelings. Never play poker with a JP.

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We still have 6 months until September , I am not sure yet , As I retire weeks before the proposed date, I would not like the hought of turning my toes up weeks into my retirement due to CV19 
42.gif.6d63386a5269ceda16cdf2e3fe89de81.gif

50 years of work then 
tombstone.gif.fdbf1184bf2511caa436708e949957db.gif
 due to someone who does not have the jab through his or her choise bringing 19 to the show 
pants.gif.c4d01b6cf8f70ae703591b7fb0086a23.gif
Don’t worry, Al, I’ll give your big turntable a good home if the worst happens... [emoji6]

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
. I suspect with some straightforward precautions (no hugging or kissing which is easy to follow :D ) and possible number restrictions per room and maybe masks, all should be good. The trick is to get the balance right between the very small potential and the great benefits. Hiding away for years will not be a good option.
no tongues either I guess? <sob>

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Restrictions to the number in a bedroom during demos would make it very frustrating for both exhibitors and attendees .....given the size of a room and even if we were down to 1 metre distancing that would prob mean a max of 3 people in a std room inc the exhibitor 

Reactions: coogie

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lets all stay positive about the show it will happen it won't be restricted it will be the best show ever 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m  with you Steve ...I want a great show and for pure selfish reasons I hope it isn’t the 18th or 25th Sept, I was merely pointing out the potential issues that any degree of social distancing requirement still in place would create.

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m  with you Steve ...I want a great show and for pure selfish reasons I hope it isn’t the 18th or 25th Sept, I was merely pointing out the potential issues that any degree of social distancing requirement still in place would create.
Tell the truth your a miserable git😝

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s my delayed 60th birthday present trip on the 18th ...Jane booked a special curry evening at Tony Singh’s home in Edinburgh 😁😁😁😁😁😁. and we’ve now combined it with a week in NW Scotland so we’ll be on a 10 hr drive home on the 25th 

Reactions: Tony_J and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s my delayed 60th birthday present trip on the 18th ...Jane booked a special curry evening at Tony Singh’s home in Edinburgh 😁😁😁😁😁😁. and we’ve now combined it with a week in NW Scotland so we’ll be on a 10 hr drive home on the 25th 
Sounds great mate not at all envious :nup: :mrgreen:

• Upvote

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He'd be to busy reading the divorce paper to even try. 

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
HiFiWigwam said:
I am currently planning a fantastic event for us at Kegworth that hopefully will be better than any Wam show done in the past. I'm looking to couple this with a retail event at the hotel next door. March will not be possible so I am planning for September and vaccine and Covid willing it should be a bonanza show. Dates TBC as soon as I fix them which should be during the next week or so.
Any chance of an update Peter as several audio related events are/are being scheduled for the September/October period, and I and others will not want to commit to anything until the BIG ONE is announced?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@HiFiWigwam I do believe waaay more than a week or so has passed since the above announcement, so some sort of feedback would be appreciated. 

• Upvote

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I gave up and booked my hol in Scotland regardless of any proposed date...... ‘cest la vie’

Reactions: Tony_J and MVJ

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Balau cladding is on its way ...the end is in sight I hope.

but how will I occupy myself if I fully complete them  :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles