Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Okay as the fixtures have come out today best to start a new thread for the various Wammers that want to add there thoughts on the so called beautiful game .

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This a good spot for transfer chit chat..

The Euros are interesting to check out the form of players potentially in the market.

Can clubs be divided into 'selling' clubs and 'buying' clubs?

Jack NSM

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
According to you Jack, United are selling some and hoping to buy others and most clubs will be the same, so probably not

• Haha
Reactions: greybeard

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Think it may be better to list clubs as those prepared to spend and those trying to balance the books . Some clubs will spend and keep spending other have to sell before they can buy . Lastly there is those clubs that seem to find and prepare their best talents and then sell them on in order to make a profit , I think these are becoming rarer now with the PL money making it easier to hold on to some of their talent .

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Every transfer window, as a Man Utd fan, I read with great interest who we are about to sign and then eventually don't sign.

As for next season we open our campaign with a home fixture against Leeds United which should make for an interesting and energetic game. I don't see a repeat of last seasons 6-2 match though.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Every transfer window, as a Man Utd fan, I read with great interest who we are about to sign and then eventually don't sign.

As for next season we open our campaign with a home fixture against Leeds United which should make for an interesting and energetic game. I don't see a repeat of last seasons 6-2 match though.
Latest is that Utd are interested in signing Sergio Ramos who is leaving Real Madrid , if true (and is a very big if) then I for one think this might be a very limited signing which may well cost quite a bit . But as always the transfer sales currently are likely to be a little sticky while the Euros complete but as teams drop out of the competition we will see things hot up . I have already seen one player I would like Liverpool to sign but I doubt they will .

myles

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2008
Plymouth
AKA
Myles
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Latest is that Utd are interested in signing Sergio Ramos who is leaving Real Madrid , if true (and is a very big if) then I for one think this might be a very limited signing which may well cost quite a bit . But as always the transfer sales currently are likely to be a little sticky while the Euros complete but as teams drop out of the competition we will see things hot up . I have already seen one player I would like Liverpool to sign but I doubt they will .
Kalvin Phillips. Exactly the player Liverpool need. 

As for Ramos, the guy has had 26 red cards (it might be 30 by the time I finish this post). I'm sure Man It's don't buy old retirees by choice (Ibrahimovic, Cavani) but they sure don't need Ramos. He might be scared to face up against Dier after what he did to him in the international!

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I sincerely hope that Ramos comes nowhere near the club. Too old, too slow, looking for a pension top-up at our expense, plus he used us a couple of times a few years back as leverage with Real Madrid to negotiate/speed-up negotiations/force the clubs hand etc. I'm sure it's paper talk, or an agent driven story. Signing 35/36 years old is not the way back to the top and I don't care who it is be it Messi, Ronaldo et al. I'd rather have Tyrone Mings personally, or the Welsh bloke who's name I can't quite recall from the other night.

Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone that can finish above Manchester City is my guess .

• Haha
Reactions: MVJ

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well we are now very near to the end of the Euros and deals for players can start to be done in earnest . Hoping Liverpool are brave and make the effort to sign at least three more players as we need to add a fresh injection to the group to avoid us slipping back in to the mind set and problems we caused ourselves last season . Saw at least one player that we should be seriously looking at but suspect that we will not . However transfer policy at Liverpool has been very good and however they come the decisions seems to work so just need to trust that the management team will make the right moves and choices .

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Liverpool Football Club have shown their true colours again . Two friendly matches at Anfield and they are letting Season ticket holders buy a single ticket each for £23 never mind we have already paid them over £700 for the Season ticket. Think I will pass on this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bazzer

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Off To the Emirates on Sunday for the Chelsea pre season friendly, first time since March 2020!

Covid passports being trialled I believe, so that should be interesting.

I must say, I am quite excited to be watching a live game again  :eek:j:

Reactions: garn63

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are the covid passports the same as the letter you can get from the NHS to confirm you have had two vaccinations ? Or are they something different again ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles