FOOTBALL COMMENTATORS / PUNDITS

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jamie Carragher was annoying me last night . Everton v Burnley .

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Danny Murphy can't conceal his bias toward Liverpool , he rarely praises the Manchester teams or Everton and even then t's like someone is standing behind the camera with a pin aimed at his voodoo doll .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vinyl4ever

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Michael Owen and Steve McMannaman two really irritating pundits and in Maccas case a very poor commentator as well . Most hated so much that the sound would be muted was David Pleat never ever understood why they allowed someone who just seemed to say exactly what you were looking at and no insights get near a microphone .

Despite the issues always liked Andy Grey just for his honest love for football . And as a pundit who does not seem to get asked much Dimitar Berbatov who was really intersting to listen to .

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Remember Hugh John's & Brian Moore ?  I think Hugh did the Midlands round up & Brian the Southern one.  Did they just do regional or does anyone remember otherwise?    Like Roy as a pundit too but J.C. highlighting a couple of mistakes by a defender with a view to him losing his job doesn't sit right with me.  Saint & Greavsie were for the football fan & was sad when they left the screens.    *  If you remember the kickback from a wet leather caseball, does that make us old boys now.....bloody Var my arse.   :p

joshiias

New Wammer
Apr 18, 2021
Remember Hugh John's & Brian Moore ?  I think Hugh did the Midlands round up & Brian the Southern one.  Did they just do regional or does anyone remember otherwise?    Like Roy as a pundit too but J.C. highlighting a couple of mistakes by a defender with a view to him losing his job doesn't sit right with me.  Saint & Greavsie were for the football fan & was sad when they left the screens.    *  If you remember the kickback from a wet leather caseball, does that make us old boys now.....bloody Var my arse.   :p
It's impossible to forget =)

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Garth Crooks always managed to irritate me with his style of delivery.  Before his fall from grace I always enjoyed Ron Atkinson's co-commentary. "They've come out to the sound of the trumpets" and a dirty tackle being referred to as "a reducer" stick in my mind. Should have checked that mike was switched off Ron  :doh:

On the radio I always thought that Jimmy Armfield was a good summariser and didn't speak in cliche, though I've not listened to a game on radio for years now. I made a conscious decision to avoid Talk Sport totally 4 years ago and have stuck to it.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I like Gary Neville.

Yes, I know I'm a Red, but he is a very good analyst and is reasonably fair when it comes to assessing his former club.

One thing I look for in a pundit is lack of 'ums and ers' - something that plagues horseracing punditry - and Neville passes that test with flying colours. He's a good foil for that one I cant understand, er, Jamie something, Carragher.

:D

Jack

Reactions: stylesound and DIB

Von Krolock

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 30, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Roy Keane's dispassionate perspective will never match Hanson's by any chalk.

Von Krolock

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 30, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wrighty saying ' Know what a mean' in that strange London voice.
Kudos to Wrighty -top bloke  but the TV is full of strange southern parochialisms

stylesound

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 30, 2009
Kendal, Cumbria ,
AKA
Mike
Why are our sports pundits / commentators / tv programmes obsessed in wanting to predict the result of a match; even, when promted, offering predictions as to the final score.  How could they possibly know.  What is the point because if you just wait to the end of the match you will find out.  If one could predict the score there would be little point in watching or even playing the match.  Love it when they get it right and they start jumping up and down like children in the playground, telling everybody how clever they are.

Other than perhaps 4 or 5 of them I would sack the lot as they continually fail to add any insight into the game whatsoever.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I am sick to death of Jamie Carragher speaking about Liverpool and Rio speaking about United. It is utterly pointless and they offer nothing other than almost total myopia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.