Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
hifi.jpg

This used to be the lounge,  but when we added an extension to the back we decided to use that mostly, so I 'converted' the lounge to a 'music and film' room.

The LPs are to my left and the majority of CDs to my right.  However, as all the CDs have been ripped, they tend not to be used and stay in the cupboard out of site.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There is a rug on the floor and lots of furniture but yes there is window behind it . I use the handclap method to assess  a rooms acoustic properties . Bit old school me 
Nowt wrong with old school👍

• Upvote
Reactions: Blzebub

Rayymondo

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2018
North Somerset UK
AKA
Raymond
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Moved in at the end of Aug, took me a while to get things sorted and made a few changes and new purchases but happy with the set up now. Thinking of adding a sub next...

Edit: that door only goes to side alley and not in regular use.

IMG20211118192212.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'd normally have the light much dimmer but for photo purposes:

View from MLP.jpg

I see. Few people have the same problem as me. A settee in front of one of the speakers. When I have a serious listen I take the back cushions off. Wish I could remove the arm nearest the speaker lol.😫
Most have compromises of some sort. I have a sofa just to the right in my photo, so I avoid a speaker firing over it but I have an asymmetrical layout as a result (space to the right of the right speaker that doesn't exist to the lef of the left speaker). 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online