Wammer
Wammer
May 24, 2020
Panama
AKA
Frans
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Btw @Ben Webster, is your alias based on the other famous Ben Webster or is that actually your name? Bought the Soulville album and that's really good :)

frans5508

Wammer
Wammer
May 24, 2020
Panama
AKA
Frans
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have the original record in mono and stereo.
nice! no i have the mono version from 1961 on vinyl. Just bought it so havent received it yet. Ben Webster was on top of mind and didnt made the link to your name here before! I streamed the album yesterday on Spotify as well, hope the vinyl will sound even better ;-).

Jimmy Smith is my hero, maybe i should rename to Jimmy Smith here if not already taken! I am a big B3 fan (and starting playing it).

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, enjoy „my“ Soulville. I have the original record in mono and stereo. Both are great. But also streaming (or serving? 😜) via Qobuz is ok.
Lucky you BW, my favourite Ben Webster album. I first heard it at the Linn factory many years ago and was blown away. Neil Gaydon played it through a pair of Nexus, that I’d never been a fan of. That album changed my opinion.

’troll

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Btw @Ben Webster, is your alias based on the other famous Ben Webster or is that actually your name? Bought the Soulville album and that's really good :)
Yes, enjoy „my“ Soulville. I have the original record in mono and stereo. Both are great. But also streaming (or serving? 😜) via Qobuz is ok.
I have met the HiFi Wigwam Forum Ben Webster a couple of times, and I can assure he is not the famous jazz artist Ben Webster. 😝

But he does have an incredible vinyl collection and one hell of a great Linn system 

Ben Webster

System doesn‘t matter - if you have mine
Wammer
Dec 16, 2019
Frankfurt a.M. 🇩🇪
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
But he does have an incredible vinyl collection and one hell of a great Linn system 
Many thanks for your kind - off topic - words. Looking forward for your next visit. Maybe I have than „it“ (first time I‘ll own a SO tool, but I will not use it).

Ask @fschmeis what we did with the SO. Yes, we switched it off. Great improvement. And he has „it“, one of the best digital system I ever heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: Paulssurround

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Well Linn’s own Docs site starts by saying New, then lists it as Klimax DSM/3.  That’s obviously correct, and I think that is your point.

However, KDSM/3 maybe doesn’t look - at first glance - so new when we’ve had ADSM/3 for a while and that was often referred to as Katalyst, or confusingly, AKDSM!!  And when you have K with DSM it might be Klimax level.  

Including O for Organik will become more commonplace once it is possible to get Organik in Akurate or Selekt products I’m guessing. 
Brevity.

The ADSM/3 was always and only Kat. But my MEB-i needs Kat appended if it is so equipped, and do those first few non Kat AEB-i. All NG<wasted effort by me here) KDSM's are Organik, the KSH/2 has no Organik. MDSM's have had casework changes, but were never denominated as next generation. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles