Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello Wammers. I've been lurking for a few years now and since
retirement have decided it's time to join in! A bit more time on
my hands and all that. I tend to join in to conversations only if
I have something meaningful to contribute and a bit of
background knowledge so I don't totally embarrass myself.
However if alcohol is involved you may be subjected to
some incoherent ramblings. So please accept my apologies
in advance, I'm sure there will be more to follow, probably at
regular intervals. Ramble over. Speak more soon!

Regards Andy

Reactions: Tony_J and Cambs12

audiohound

Wammer
Feb 16, 2022
TW19
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi. I'm Ben and I'm new to the site today. I've been on avforums for a while and I imagine there's an overlap of audience.

I've been into music and hi-fi for as long as I can remember - I worked weekends in Richer Sounds while I was at uni, and had a summer internship as an engineer at Arcam. Prior to that, I think I saved up and bought my first separates system around age 14. I don't remember most of the components, but there was a Cambridge Audio A300 in there.

I have a child now and don't really get time to just sit and appreciate music any more. I still have a stereo setup in my home office/music room (XTZ-based), but spend more time with the multichannel setup. I've also got into guitar more recently, so considering switching to an active monitor setup.

Reactions: Maverick and DUVET

Spintheblackcircle

Wammer
Feb 20, 2022
Wirral
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello all,
First post on the Wam, I can't say why I haven't joined sooner having been into hifi for many years. I've gone down the vintage route with a Radford, Tannoy and Thorens combination.
As well as listening to music I play the guitar and like to take photos, although I'm not very good at either.
I'm a long term member of PFM and AoS (spending most time on PFM).
Looking forward to reading the threads and making some contribution here on the Wam!
Chris

Reactions: Ady

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi and welcome Chris.
Don't forget to keep your diary clear 1st w/e in Oct so you can visit the show.

Reactions: Spintheblackcircle

TCar

New Wammer
Mar 4, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello. I joined this website six(?) years ago to buy a nice 401 (thanks wizmax!) tho lost those credentials and could not recover them so made a new account. Still have that 401 tho it's awaiting a service so most of my listening these days is via P5/Quad qc24p/Leben cs300/Harbeth C7. Some of you may know me from PFM where I am more active with the same username.

Reactions: DUVET

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello. I joined this website six(?) years ago to buy a nice 401 (thanks wizmax!) tho lost those credentials and could not recover them so made a new account. Still have that 401 tho it's awaiting a service so most of my listening these days is via P5/Quad qc24p/Leben cs300/Harbeth C7. Some of you may know me from PFM where I am more active with the same username.
Hi Tim,

Welcome back to the WAM, glad to hear that you still have the 401, who are you getting to do the service?

TCar

New Wammer
Mar 4, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Tim,

Welcome back to the WAM, glad to hear that you still have the 401, who are you getting to do the service?
Hey Robin hope you are well. I always envisioned sending it to Loricroft when the time came but since their takeover that now isn’t an option. So I have been looking at various options but all ideas welcome especially some in the south.

Fretbuzz

New Wammer
Dec 13, 2016
Hello,

Signed up here a while ago but didn't really post anything. That was under a different name too, but now using the same one as on PFM.

Nice to be on board as such.

Cheers,
Rob

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello,

Signed up here a while ago but didn't really post anything. That was under a different name too, but now using the same one as on PFM.

Nice to be on board as such.

Cheers,
Rob
Welcome Rob, if you are UK based then the 'wam show is rising from the ashes and will be on in October, this is a must-attend trust us!

Reactions: Fretbuzz

zirconium

Wammer
Mar 23, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello,

I signed up today after a few months of lurking. Great to find a friendly HiFi home.

I'm into digital audio with custom built audio PC feeding a Denafrips Hermes/Pontus II/Hestia/Thallo to Revel F226BEs and 2x SVS SB3000.

My current project is to implement custom DRC using Audiolense.

Where will the October show be - I am based in Kent?

Cheers

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi and welcome.
The show is at the Brittania North Stafford Hotel Stoke on Trent, opposite the train station. There are quite a few who travel up from the South, so you may even be able the bum a lift for a contribution to fuel.

Reactions: Maverick

freefallrob

Mazda RX-8 & Subaru fan.
Wammer
Nov 9, 2018
Swanwick
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi I'm freefallrob (you may have recently seen me post as Rotary).
I'm kinda new as I've not posted for a long time. I have however been around pretty much from the beginning of the wam.

I've exhibited at most of the Scalford shows in the past including the first one and enjoyed them all!

Rob.

Reactions: Maverick

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi I'm freefallrob (you may have recently seen me post as Rotary).
I'm kinda new as I've not posted for a long time. I have however been around pretty much from the beginning of the wam.

I've exhibited at most of the Scalford shows in the past including the first one and enjoyed them all!

Rob.
we need you back here mate, well done

Reactions: freefallrob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles