Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Some discussions on the Linn forum are of interest to me as a non-owner. I “joined” this sub-forum so I could watch, and perhaps contribute to, discussions there.
But it seems to work in a different way. This morning I received 2 emails notifying me of a new thread and a new reply to a different thread. I’m interested in neither… but I can see no Watch/Unwatch at the thread level. I can also see no “Leave” option at the sub-forum level. Makes Hotel California (Kalifornia, natch!) feel like a beacon of liberty…
Any top tips?

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think I’ve sussed this and will share in case it helps others. Went onto my Profile and unticked the 2 boxes against Watched Forums. Will see if it works. Regardless, it would appear that Linnies do not have the same level of control over their feeds as general Wammers do.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nigel, I’ve been getting the same as you, but I’ve been using the Linn forum since the migration and for several weeks as a ‘member’. These notifications seem only to have started in the last few days. I can only think that an update automatically ‘ticked’ the boxes you unticked! I’ve now unticked mine too, so thanks for the suggestion! :)

Reactions: TheFlash

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I joined & found the same thing Nigel I noticed a leave on one of the pages (sorry cant's remember) that I clicked on & not had anything since.

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m trying something else. The Linn sub-forum appears to be organised as a “group” of which I’m a member and conversations there are “discussions” not threads. I’ve unticked some more boxes!
I'm doing a reverse game of Kerplunk. I'm pulling out sticks with the hope that the notifications will fall into the plastic tray.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I wanted to post a view on a thread (about stylus cleaning IIRC) in that subsection but couldn't. It makes it feel elitist. I'm sure Linn forum members can post freely in the main forum.

I've just thought of a workaround. I can pm a member I know then he can post on my behalf then pm me back then....

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I wanted to post a view on a thread (about stylus cleaning IIRC) in that subsection but couldn't. It makes it feel elitist. I'm sure Linn forum members can post freely in the main forum.

I've just thought of a workaround. I can pm a member I know then he can post on my behalf then pm me back then....
No need. You need to “join” the sub-forum. I can’t remember where I found it but it was in a header. You click on Join and you’re automatically in, no human intervention required.

But be careful what you wish for!

EDIT: from top level scroll down past 2-channel etc to Owners Forums and click on Linn Owners. It should be there at top level if my memory serves me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles