Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2021
Chino Valley, AZ
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I 'may' be considering moving away from my McIntosh gear and looking into a Linn 'all in one'. A just add speakers as Linn says. My only additional gear would be my LP12. As I have mentioned in another post, I have a very little room so that is why am looking at doing something like this. We recently had an overnight guest use this spare bedroom that contains my system. It was very cramped once the Murphy bed was dropped down. If I went with the Linn approach I could wall mount everything, except speakers, which would allow me to rearrange a little to make it less congested. I heard a Linn DSM the other day when I had my LP12 setup and was very impressed. What should I consider as far as models and ball park prices. It will most likely need to be used gear.
Thx

Reactions: akamatsu

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What should I consider as far as models
If you want a ”just add speakers” solution, I think you’re limited to the Majik DSMs as having MM phono input and built in power amps. I’ve only heard the MDSM/3, but with an Akurate LP12 and M140s and was very impressed. The Selekt DSM can also be configured as such, but is likely to be a much higher price. I think the old Sekrit DSM would require a separate phono stage.

’troll

rjinaz86323

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2021
Chino Valley, AZ
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have found a Majik DSM/2 for under $1,800 is that a decent price if everything is in great condition, including box, remote, and manual?

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have found a Majik DSM/2 for under $1,800 is that a decent price if everything is in great condition, including box, remote, and manual?

With the Organik upgrades very much in vogue I would be looking seriously at a used ADS/M .

There should be quite a few available as my own ADS/Katalyst was part of my Organik dealership deal...

Linn Akurate level equipment is still a very capable streaming machine 😉

Reactions: Chris 1970

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ADSM has a preamp, my ADS was a 'Music Only' streaming device without pre...I used my own existing pre/power.
The OP wants a “just add speakers” all-in-one solution…

’troll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.