Wammer
Aug 19, 2009
Lives near Huddersfield sadly!!
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi,

I have a Denon Stepdown transformer which powers my Denon DP 6000 tt.
Just recently the red power on/off light on the transformer has started flickering when powered up.
Is this something I should be concerned about or is it ok to leave it.
I would appreciate some help here, thank you.
Cheers,
Mick

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Depends on whether it's a neon or not. Neons do this when reaching the end of their life - its a sort of wobbly flicker rather than on/off/on/off, and neon lights have an orangey glow. No harm will come from it if this is the case, but sooner or later you might want to replace it (which is usually a fairly straightforward business).
If it's an LED then that could be trickier to diagnose since it might be the driver or something else, and if its an incandescent bulb with an intermittent flicker on/off/on etc then that could potentially indicate a loose wire which would need to be fixed to avoid a fire risk; but it's not a big deal to do so.

Willie Garvin

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2009
Lives near Huddersfield sadly!!
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Depends on whether it's a neon or not. Neons do this when reaching the end of their life - its a sort of wobbly flicker rather than on/off/on/off, and neon lights have an orangey glow. No harm will come from it if this is the case, but sooner or later you might want to replace it (which is usually a fairly straightforward business).
If it's an LED then that could be trickier to diagnose since it might be the driver or something else, and if its an incandescent bulb with an intermittent flicker on/off/on etc then that could potentially indicate a loose wire which would need to be fixed to avoid a fire risk; but it's not a big deal to do so.
Thank you for that info. It is a wobbly flicker!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online