divedeepdog

Wammer
  • Content Count

    1,158
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

divedeepdog last won the day on April 14 2016

divedeepdog had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

129 Excellent

1 Follower

About divedeepdog

  • Rank
    Wammer

Personal Info

  • Location
    notts/derby
  • Real Name
    mark

Wigwam Info

  • Turn Table
    401,301,TTs8000
  • Tone Arm & Cartridge
    Mechanic, IV, Pu3, +
  • SUT / Phono Stage
    Paradise
  • Digital Source 1
    Mac
  • DAC
    AudioSynthesis Dax10
  • Pre-Amp
    Avondale 102
  • Power Amp/s
    Voyager
  • My Speakers
    Tannoy
  • Trade Status
    I am not in the Hi-Fi trade

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I think we should wait till there's a full House of Commons, we'll know we've gotten to herd immunity coverage then... Pessimistic, maybe, but even 90% protection with the vaccine still leaves 10% vulnerable. How many more have to die? The shower of politicians don't care about the working classes, brought up on get over the top cannon fodder and last man standing.
  2. Begs the question what more do you want from a Garrard? Plinth design and material choice influence the sound, as do power supplies. I've got LDA and (Decco built) Nigels controller here and they both sound different. I've built Loricroft style plinths with squash balls, through birch ply, Mu25, Panzerholz , Corian and slate and combinations inbetween, they all make a difference and to an extent, can be tuned to preference. You'll never make a 401 sound like a Linn though. As for SME, they're selling refurbished Loricroft 301's, I'd suggest no better than Audio Grail or CTC refurbished ones which can be had @ £2.5k? The Classic CTC 301 has new, hewn from solid chassis, new bearing/platter and motor from 401, the modern remake SME should be selling??
  3. If you like what a Garrard does, there's no substitute this side of sensible. I've got Sony TTS8000, built Tim's SP10 so I know what they do, and while I consider them more 'accurate', may as well put CD player on as they lack emotion for me. Oracle Delphi was pretty good, probably the best belt drive I've owned (Rega's, 3 Linn's and Acoustic Signature with 17kg platter amongst the many) but ultimately didn't engage. The 3 decks I covert, CTC 301, Sony PSX-9 and Technics SL1000r, not heard them at home though.
  4. As title, Seas Excel tweets required to freshen up some old ATC's. Anyone upgraded??
  5. I've been watching similar vintage items on ebay. Usually listed @ £1k, although BIN/Best offer you never really know what they go for. Condition is a plus point, although the 12" and 15" are more popular. Taking the back off to confirm the drivers is easy enough, probably 10" Gold's from late 60's.
  6. I’ve got a Mark Grant HDMI, pretty sure it’s 8m but can check tomorrow if it’s any interest??
  7. Fwiw, if you like the 906, I think efforts would be better looking for 907. SUTs are a minefield and those 2 carts won’t necessarily work with the same one, whereas 907 is adjustable enough to cope.
  8. A timely thread, friend has been complaining about noisy motor in RD40 I sold him 25 years ago. It uses square section belt and grooved pulley. The question is his motor has a C-clip on top, will it still fit a ‘new’ std motor?
  9. Gardians of the galaxy Style council Pink Floyd animals Ocean colour scene Mumford and sons Jeff Buckely Grace Air moon safari Dave Gilmour Live in pompii For consideration please, good luck sorting!
  10. Really sad news, many of us will know the no-nonsense straight talking Colin, but having been to his home a few times you got to see the love and devotion he had with Mags, his wife. I’m sure that extended to their children and grandchildren. We’ll miss you. Rip
  11. Just seen something very similar on FB, quoted as Wharfdale Dovedale? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wharfedale-Dovedale-3-Diffusori-Acustici/333846082397?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3Ddfb5a33776be43519889fe943e1edf4a%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D30%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D233706215986%26itm%3D333846082397%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2386202%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWeb&_trksid=p2386202.c100677.m4598
  12. Having had a copper one, hold out for the Tenutu gunmetal. I'd add Graphite mat to the list too...
  13. I had a pair, lasted 2 weeks, mine made Linn Kan's sound civilised. So screechy even the misses complained. I'm in a small room, although I've got adequate 90w I don't play loud.
  14. Any reason for vacuum over an ultrasonic? There’s a few of us with Spiders Velvet Vortex, more than happy user here 👍👍 info https://velvetvortex.com/shop/ Plenty if comments from users here too 😉