Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A pair of Martin Logan Summits came up for sale at a price I couldn't ignore.... and as an "itch to scratch" I went for them. Had they not made an appearance I would still happily be enjoying the Q's.

To Joe's point about "laid back" - they do benefit (I feel) from an amp that can put a big dollop of "oomph" up them - not to wake them up per-se but to give them the control I think they need. Poorly-partnered I could imagine them sounding a bit flabby and listless. So despite being a pretty benign load I'd still be looking more towards a neutral amp with a healthy output. Doesn't have to be Class-D of course (although these amps score very well on those counts, generally).
+1

Amps with neutral sound and enough current to kick in the back side, really go well with Qacoustics speakers. I was running my concept 40's with a marantz, which was a very smooth and laid back presentation. Moving up to a parasound halo integrated improved things, they finally started to jog. Then a krell KSA 100 mk2 class A monster, got them running berserk. 2 other makes that my friends tell me work very well with Qacoustics are naim and exposure, both very fast amps with oomph and PRAT.

luxury_scruff

Wammer
Sep 14, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Spend you money giving your wife some memorable days out. When you die, she will sell your kit for less than you think.

• Haha
Reactions: audio_PHIL_e

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's not so good.
It is if you like that sort of thing.

Q Acoustics seem to make good value, easy going speakers that will work well with a variety of music. I've never seen a pair that I like the look of though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles