Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
funnily enough, although Songs From The Wood is my goto Tull album, and the one I prefer to listen to from start to finish, my favourite Tull song is the title track of Heavy Horses.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Two great albums Phil , I'm a big Tull fan and have seen them quite a few times but they have never done my favourite song which is on "Songs" Pibroch (Cap in Hand ) .
I saw the Songs from the Wood tour, pretty sure they did Pibroch. To be honest not a big fan of that album, prefer their earlier work. Heavy Horses is not a bad album and probably their decent one.

Reactions: Bazzer

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hmmmm ... google search for the title has also delivered no results. :( shame, could have been amusing
Just had a search and found nothing , I used to buy NME at the time and I remember in the punk charts the Snivelling Shits and that title and thinking you can't get more anti establishment than that :ROFLMAO:

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I saw the Songs from the Wood tour, pretty sure they did Pibroch. To be honest not a big fan of that album, prefer their earlier work. Heavy Horses is not a bad album and probably their decent one.

Never saw the tour and no doubt they would have done the whole album , probably omitted after that as they have such a large body of work .

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Never saw the tour and no doubt they would have done the whole album , probably omitted after that as they have such a large body of work .
Just seen there is a video of the concert but only about 1 hour long, so many songs are missing, as I think they did well over 2 hours. Great performance and one of my favourites live concerts.

BarneysDad

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 9, 2021
Melton Mowbray
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Today its...

Beatles. Revolver &/or Sgt Pepper
Nick Drake. Five Leaves Left/Bryter Layter/Pink Moon.
Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams & Cardinals/Ryan Adams most everything.
Fairport Convention. Unhalfbricking.
Kinks. Village Green.
Jeff Buckley. Grace.
Vaughan Williams. Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis
Rodrigo: Concerierto de Aranjuez.
Smoke Fairies. Through Low Light & Trees.
Steely Dan. Aja &/or Katy Lied
Midlake. Trials of Van Occupanther.
Kate Bush. Hounds of Love.
Impressions (Curtis Mayfield) Young Mods Forgotten Story.
Rufus. Rufusised.
Marvin Gaye. Whats Going On.
Cocteau Twins. Every note they've ever played.
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever. French Press
Bowie. Most everything hes ever done.
Love. Forever Changes.
Bob Marley. Live.

Reactions: StingRay

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just had a search and found nothing , I used to buy NME at the time and I remember in the punk charts the Snivelling Shits and that title and thinking you can't get more anti establishment than that :ROFLMAO:
NME was a worthless rag. Whereas Melody Maker described the music (at concerts or on LP) in such terms as would help you decide whether that music was your thing, NME went on about what the copy writer thought the music was about. Anyone who showed any skill or musical competence was poo-poohed, the only thing that was socially acceptable was spotty youths gobbing over each other and not being able to play their instruments. I did read NME from time to time until within the space of a week Led Zeppelin went from being one of the world's greatest rock'n'roll bands to being 4 boring old farts

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
NME was a worthless rag. Whereas Melody Maker described the music (at concerts or on LP) in such terms as would help you decide whether that music was your thing, NME went on about what the copy writer thought the music was about. Anyone who showed any skill or musical competence was poo-poohed, the only thing that was socially acceptable was spotty youths gobbing over each other and not being able to play their instruments. I did read NME from time to time until within the space of a week Led Zeppelin went from being one of the world's greatest rock'n'roll bands to being 4 boring old farts

Only bought it for the crossword. :p

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Today its...

Beatles. Revolver &/or Sgt Pepper
Nick Drake. Five Leaves Left/Bryter Layter/Pink Moon.
Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams & Cardinals/Ryan Adams most everything.
Fairport Convention. Unhalfbricking.
Kinks. Village Green.
Jeff Buckley. Grace.
Vaughan Williams. Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis
Rodrigo: Concerierto de Aranjuez.
Smoke Fairies. Through Low Light & Trees.
Steely Dan. Aja &/or Katy Lied
Midlake. Trials of Van Occupanther.
Kate Bush. Hounds of Love.
Impressions (Curtis Mayfield) Young Mods Forgotten Story.
Rufus. Rufusised.
Marvin Gaye. Whats Going On.
Cocteau Twins. Every note they've ever played.
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever. French Press
Bowie. Most everything hes ever done.
Love. Forever Changes.
Bob Marley. Live.
Some interesting selections, a few I'm not very familiar with, I will try later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.