2020/2021 Football Season

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well the fixtures are now out and any fond memories of last season are just that memories. The new season is about to start and there is hope for all teams before the first game kicks off . After that either the dream has already died or you live to hope for another game .

Liverpool have lots to prove again and while they have bought a player and given some of the young players contracts things are looking a little static . We have lost some players in various positions and as yet they have not been replaced , I feel that we have to and build on the excellent squad we had last season or we will be caught and overtaken by the chasing pack .

What are you hopes for your team this year ? Have you improved ? Will your new stars shine and make you that bit more competitive ?

Well here is where you can put your comments and thoughts and laugh at those teams that are the current fail .

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As a Man Utd fan I always live in hope, it's all we've got at the moment.  The arrival of Bruno Fernandes in January definitely brought some much needed spark and creativity into midfield but we definitely need another, along with a quality and commanding central defender. Easier said than done though. 3rd place was about right last season but we are some distance away from the top two at the moment and with an improving Chelsea and Arsenal nipping at our heels it wont be any easier next season. Rashford for one needs to up his game and start living up to the hype, as does Pogba.

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Everton Football Club, they drive you mad , make you happier than you would like to admit, completely p**s you off and then do something that makes you heart- burstingly proud.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well a lovely day in prospect today , early morning in to hospital for a colonoscopy , hopefully out and home in time to watch the Charity Shield without too much drama. With any luck Liverpool will do for Arsenal what the Surgeon is doing for me today but then again knowing Liverpool unlikely that it will be a smooth ride.

Good luck to both sides and fingers crossed it will be a decnet footbal game with lots of goals and some high quality entertainment.

After this we only have to draw breath for a little while and then the new season is starting Liverpool v Leeds is some opening fixture such a shame that after all this time the Leeds Fans will not get to see it live as I am sure there would have been a full house .

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Proud of my team today, thought they thoroughly deserved a hard fought victory, albeit by the dreaded penalty shoot out. I thought it was an entertaining game which Arsenal shaded, after a very good first half when they should have scored more than the one they did. second half was a different story, and Liverpools class started to show, and they scored a deserved equaliser. So on to penalty's and Arsenal scored all 5 and Liverpool did not :eek:j: ( You can tell Arsenal supporters have not had much to shout about recently). A great couple of months for Arsenal. Liverpool, City and Chelsea all beaten The FA Cup and Community shield in the trophy cabinet (take note Spurs  :D ) So on to the serious stuff in a couple of weeks, where Liverpool, City and possibly Chelsea will be the teams to try an come above, bring it on, COYG!!

Reactions: Bazzer

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s time for my annual post getting misty-eyed about the F.A. Cup. It’s the preliminary round tomorrow, Glossop North End v City of Liverpool F.C for me , got a concessionary ticket now I’m 60  :D .

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Right after for Liverpool a very rewarding season all things back to start setting . The PL is back and we are all in the same boat , what any team did last season is not important anymore it is now just a memory .

First game and I could not have picked a worse team to play than Leeds. I have seen them in cup games last season and a couple of EFL games . The intensity and pressing game they play across the pitch is one that Liverpool can struggle to cope with . In our pre season Salzburg and Blackpool (yes Blackpool) caused us real issues early on and errors and lack of composure gave away silly goals. Now we did restore some sort of balance before the end of each game but it showed how we can struggle against a concentrated press.

I know that Leeds are at least as good at this as Salzberg if not better so unless we can break the traps and make any chances we get count (not something we have been doing well currently , yes Mo we do mean you) then i can see Leeds getting early goals . We normally have the endurance and fitness to keep going and get ourselves back in a game but I think Leeds players may be equally as fit and keep going right to the end with the same intense football.

So general view from me is great to see games being played , gutted that we are not likely to see fans in any numbers allowed back and very nervous that we may well lose our first game at Anfield in the PL for three seasons. Just the same as everyone else then .

Good luck to you all and to all the teams for this years PL . I think it is going to be a more competitive and much tighter season . Savour your time now when all things are possible and try and enjoy your games. To those that win , remember it is only the first game , to those that lose , remember it is only the first game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: greybeard

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Happy with that for an opening day performance 😊 The two debutantes played well, especially Gabrielle, as it was his first game in the Premier League. Bring on the Hammers next week.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Happy with that for an opening day performance 😊 The two debutantes played well, especially Gabrielle, as it was his first game in the Premier League. Bring on the Hammers next week.
League leaders at time of posting  :D

Reactions: greybeard

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well the Leeds game was pretty much what I said it would be and as I had said they caused Liverpool lots of problems . Defensively we were all over the place and struggling to cope . For once a game that had the excitement and thrill factor that it was hyped up to have.

Liverpool again just found a way to get the game done and I had little doubt as it went in to the last ten minutes of time that they would score . I could also see us letting that lead slip again but instead they hung on and controlled things to get us the points.

Leeds will either cause lots of teams problems this season or they are going to crash and burn whichever way it goes it will be a good watch for the majority of their games. I think that they will run out of steam towards the back end of the season as they do not have a large enough squad to cope with all the high intensity games they will have . I really doubt they can play at that pace for a whole season .

Liverpool were good in patches going forward but again were very wasteful of the chances they got we have to find a way to convert those chances we are creating . Mo looked much better than he had in pre season and played well as well as scored . Virgil has made those sort of errors two matches in a row and needs to get them out of his system and get back to his best. All in all a good first day still hope and expectation to look forward to but things will get tougher now each game we play until they start to believe again . Hope Curtis Jones gets more time playing he really does look a prospect.

Von Krolock

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 30, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
New boys  Leeds nearly putting the wind up Liverpool  -  oof fancy that.
Some optimism for the new look Newcastle beating the Hammers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ay up ! Everton won at Spurs , this just does not happen and even more incredible Calvert - Lewin scored a clean goal , not scuffed , miss-kicked , mistimed , deflected and there is more he headed the ball into the net  :eek:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought Calvert Lewin might have needed medical attention when Big Duncan congratulated him at the end , felt like saying to him pretend to be a pigeon he would never hurt you then .

Good result for Everton and I think they fully deserved the win . Jordan had to make a couple of important first half saves and could have been a candidate for man of the match . James looked a really good player and as this Manager know how to play him and use him might be an really top class signing . Once his team mates get a little more tuned to his playing and in particular his one touch passing he could create lots of chances . They did however suffer from the Liverpool disease create lots of chances and miss them or it could have been a much less nervy finish .

Sorry missed the Newcastle game and not yet seen the highlights a good result away and first game hope they were as impressive as the scoreline suggested.

Reactions: Bazzer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.